Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Charleston company to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Charleston, South Carolina companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications might demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking service providers, picking appropriate service offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Charleston, South Carolina business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.