Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Charleston organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Charleston, South Carolina businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Charleston, South Carolina company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.