Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Charleston organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Charleston, South Carolina businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Charleston, South Carolina organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.