Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Charleston organization to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Charleston, South Carolina businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated and current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Charleston, South Carolina business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.