Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Charleston organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Charleston, South Carolina companies to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for configuring routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical processes might demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include remote users is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, company-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to augment your current Call Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
At-home workers often run their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help you to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that guards vital data in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, software glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, see Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Charleston, South Carolina organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.