Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Charleston organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Charleston, South Carolina companies to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications might demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate phone system to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that allows at-home workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure access to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
An emergency, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or update their active trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your existing Call Center team by splitting delivery of Call Desk services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Remote workers often run their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that guards sensitive information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to identify new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your procedures and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage failures due to equipment issues, software glitches, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision scenarios that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, see Intune teleworker endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Charleston, South Carolina company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.