Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Charleston organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Charleston, South Carolina businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for configuring routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate phone system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that enables at-home workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that include internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, company-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or edit their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center team by splitting delivery of Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model based on the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
At-home workers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help your business to plan, implement and manage a compliant security environment that safeguards vital data in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants familiar with a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate scenarios that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for protecting corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Charleston, South Carolina company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.