Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Charleston company to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Charleston, South Carolina organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and provide as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that allows at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, see planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, manage and optimize integrated network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP environment. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A fast, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or edit their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables you to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home staff members typically use their personal computing devices and often work in an unsecured physical area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful configuration of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, thorough user education, and the development of security policies built on best practices. Progent's seasoned group of cybersecurity support experts can assist your business to design, deploy and maintain an effective cybersecurity solution that guards critical information resources in networks that include an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both current and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall support services.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by remote workers and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology from SentinelOne to detect new threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo MFA services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation with Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected application and give your password you are asked to verify who you are via a unit that only you have and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad range of devices can be utilized for this added form of ID validation such as a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You may designate multiple validation devices. For details about Duo identity authentication services, refer to Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Network
To read or download a white paper describing key things to focus on for securing a network that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, user error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants familiar with a broad range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision scenarios that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Charleston, South Carolina organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.