Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Charleston company to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Charleston, South Carolina companies to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital processes may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting ISPs, picking sensible service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that permits at-home workers to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to jointly author files. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or edit the status of their current tickets, add information, and upload screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your existing Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can assist your organization to design, deploy and manage a modern security environment that safeguards critical information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, visit Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Charleston, South Carolina business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.