Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when IT staff may be slower to become aware of a penetration and are least able to organize a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve inside a target's system, the more time it takes to restore basic IT services and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide you to complete the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Charlotte area to locate and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Charlotte
Current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and attack any accessible system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a ransom fee in exchange for the decryptors needed to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers demand an additional ransom for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue according to the nature of the stolen data.
The recovery process after a ransomware attack has several distinct stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has a sufficient number of people with the required experience.
- Containment: This time-critical first response requires blocking the lateral spread of ransomware within your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration process. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes include isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic useful level of capability with the least delay. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and secure remote access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to organize the complicated restoration effort. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to restore files damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and which restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Setting up modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV technology used by some of the world's biggest enterprises including Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware blocking, classification, containment, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; receiving, learning, and using the decryption utility; debugging failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack condition; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Expertise in Charlotte
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Charlotte metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.