Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to be slower to become aware of a break-in and are less able to organize a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to make within a target's system, the longer it takes to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to carry out the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Charlotte metro area to locate and quarantine breached devices and guard undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Charlotte
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an extra settlement for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery process after a ransomware penetration has a number of crucial stages, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has enough people with the required experience.
- Containment: This time-critical first step involves blocking the sideways progress of ransomware across your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to go unchecked, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine activities include isolating infected endpoints from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a basic acceptable degree of capability with the least delay. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the widest array of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and secure remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize activity and to get vital resources back online as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on staff PCs and laptops that were not connected during the assault.
- Setting up advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology used by some of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Services include determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption condition; and recovering computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and highlights weaknesses in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting Services in Charlotte
For ransomware system recovery services in the Charlotte metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.