Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel may be slower to become aware of a breach and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make inside a target's system, the more time it takes to recover core IT services and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to take the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Charlotte area to locate and isolate infected devices and guard undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Charlotte
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any available backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an extra payment in exchange for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a major problem depending on the nature of the stolen information.
The recovery work after a ransomware attack involves a number of distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has enough people with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step requires blocking the sideways spread of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to go unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Quarantine processes include isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a basic acceptable degree of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also demands the broadest range of IT skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and safe endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the complex restoration process. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and IT group to prioritize activity and to put critical resources on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to locate clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to deploy immutability for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including root users. Immutable storage provides another level of security and restoration ability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Setting up advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the same AV tools used by some of the world's largest enterprises including Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, identification, mitigation, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM lowers TCO, streamlines management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services include determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryption utility; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights gaps in security policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities such as operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Charlotte
For ransomware cleanup consulting services in the Charlotte area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.