Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Charlotte
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down activity related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Charlotte organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and requires close interaction with the groups responsible for data restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Create forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so the data restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect each machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close security gaps and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Charlotte
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Charlotte organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.