Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Charlotte
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down activity related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Charlotte organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in rules or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important activities like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires close interaction with the teams assigned to data restoration and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to establish the timeline of the attack and to identify any possible lateral movement from the first infected system
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to close security gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Charlotte
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Charlotte organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.