Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Charlotte company to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Charlotte, North Caroline companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Charlotte, North Caroline company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.