Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Charlotte organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Charlotte, North Caroline companies to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, selecting sensible service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Charlotte, North Caroline business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.