Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Charlotte company to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Charlotte, North Caroline businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe connection for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital processes might require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate service packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Charlotte, North Caroline business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.