Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Charlotte company to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Charlotte, North Caroline companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications might require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Charlotte, North Caroline business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.