Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Charlotte company to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Charlotte, North Caroline organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate phone system to include remote users is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that permits remote workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author files. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional help to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A fast, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or edit the status of their current tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to expand your current Support Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
At-home workers often run their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can assist your organization to design, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that protects sensitive information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall integration and support services.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. With Duo 2FA, whenever you log into a protected online account and enter your password you are requested to verify who you are via a unit that only you have and that uses a different network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be used as this second means of authentication including a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You may designate several validation devices. For more information about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security experts with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your procedures and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures due to equipment issues, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Charlotte, North Caroline business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.