Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Charlotte organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Charlotte, North Caroline businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized remote employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX system to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that enables remote workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a web browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable online support for helping organizations to build, maintain and repair integrated network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A fast, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be the result of a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or update the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex problems. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your existing Call Desk staff by sharing delivery of Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the leading PSA platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) employees commonly use their own computers and often operate in a poorly secured physical environment. This situation multiplies their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful configuration of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, thorough end-user training, and the development of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of data security solutions experts can help you to plan, implement and maintain an effective cybersecurity solution that protects critical information resources in networks that include an at-home workforce.
Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by teleworkers and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology from SentinelOne to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo authentication services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports one-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured application and give your password you are asked to confirm your identity on a device that only you have and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this second form of authentication such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register multiple validation devices. To find out more about Duo two-factor identity validation services, see Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Network
To read or download a white paper describing key areas to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that includes telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for protecting corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Charlotte, North Caroline company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.