Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Charlotte company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Charlotte, North Caroline organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the company phone system to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that enables remote workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or edit the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to expand your current Help Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist you to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards sensitive data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers utilized by telecommuters and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are offline. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision scenarios that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding corporate data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, go to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Charlotte, North Caroline business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.