Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Charlotte organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Charlotte, North Caroline organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized remote employees to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that permits remote workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and repair integrated network architectures that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to use GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, company-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or update their current tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your current Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers often use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your business to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects critical data in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by telecommuters and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from experts familiar with a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting critical data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, see Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Charlotte, North Caroline company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.