Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Charlotte organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Charlotte, North Caroline organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, choosing appropriate service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that enables remote workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them safely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, company-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or update the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center team by splitting delivery of Support Desk services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class IT support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your business to plan, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects sensitive information in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your operations and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate scenarios that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for safeguarding critical information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, see Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Charlotte, North Caroline organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.