Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Charlotte company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Charlotte, North Caroline businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for configuring home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that allows remote workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you past challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, company-wide transition to a from-home business model, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or update the status of their active tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows you to expand your existing Call Desk team by splitting delivery of Help Desk support seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
At-home workers often use their own equipment and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to plan, deploy and manage a modern security environment that guards sensitive information in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to identify new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your procedures and policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that call for a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Charlotte, North Caroline organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.