Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Chatsworth
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down activity required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Chatsworth organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for intimate interaction with the teams focused on data restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the version of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect each machine and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Chatsworth
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Chatsworth organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.