Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Chatsworth
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding activity required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Chatsworth business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and brings to light weaknesses in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and requires intimate cooperation with the teams focused on data restoration and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Preserve forensically valid duplicates of all suspect devices so your data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Chatsworth
To learn more about how Progent can help your Chatsworth business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.