Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Chatsworth
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for business resumption and data recovery. Your Chatsworth business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and highlights weaknesses in policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key activities such as business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires close cooperation with the teams assigned to file recovery and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to secure backups.
- Create forensically sound images of all suspect devices so the data restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide extensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Chatsworth
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Chatsworth organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.