Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Chatsworth
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting activity required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Chatsworth organization can utilize Progent's forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires close cooperation with the teams assigned to file cleanup and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Capture forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each machine and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommendations to close security gaps and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Chatsworth
To find out more about how Progent can help your Chatsworth organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.