Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Chatsworth
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Chatsworth business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light gaps in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for close cooperation with the groups focused on data recovery and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each machine and data store on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Chatsworth
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Chatsworth business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.