Expanding your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Chattanooga organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Chattanooga, Tennessee organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for deploying routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company PBX environment to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide as-needed configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that permits remote workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, see planning and configuration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's support services for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a from-home business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or revise their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced problems. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your existing Call Desk staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Telecommuters often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist your organization to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that guards critical information in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Chattanooga, Tennessee company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.