Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Chattanooga company to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Chattanooga, Tennessee businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your existing Call Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Center services transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the number one PSA platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home staff members typically utilize their own devices and often work in a poorly secured physical environment. This increases their susceptibility to cyber attacks and requires careful configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, intensive end-user education, and the creation of policies built on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of data security support consultants can assist you to design, configure and maintain an effective cybersecurity solution that guards vital IT assets in environments that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both current and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall configuration and support services.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to detect new threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo MFA service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against password theft by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, whenever you log into a protected application and enter your password you are requested to verify who you are via a device that only you have and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this added form of authentication including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You may register several validation devices. To find out more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, see Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Network
To read or download a white paper describing key areas to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system problems due to equipment issues, software hiccups, user error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants familiar with a wide range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for protecting corporate data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Chattanooga, Tennessee business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.