Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Chattanooga company to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Chattanooga, Tennessee businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the company PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that enables remote workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to deployment consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them safely through a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for helping organizations to create, manage and optimize integrated network models that combine physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or revise their active tickets, add information, and upload screenshots and attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your existing Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
At-home employees typically use their own devices and usually work in a poorly secured physical space. This multiplies their vulnerability to malware threats and calls for judicious deployment of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, intensive end-user education, and the creation of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's seasoned group of IT security solutions consultants can assist you to plan, configure and manage an effective cybersecurity solution that guards critical information resources in networks that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to identify new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, when you sign into a protected application and enter your password you are asked to verify your identity via a device that only you possess and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide range of devices can be utilized for this added form of authentication such as an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You may register multiple validation devices. To learn more about Duo two-factor identity validation services, see Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your processes and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper about key things to focus on for securing an IT environment that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision scenarios that call for a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for safeguarding corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, see Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Chattanooga, Tennessee organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.