Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Chattanooga company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Chattanooga, Tennessee organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for configuring routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Vital processes might demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the corporate phone environment to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that allows at-home workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, see deployment consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author documents. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to build, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or update the status of their active tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex problems. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to augment your existing Call Desk organization by splitting delivery of Support Desk support seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Remote workers often run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can assist your company to design, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that protects critical information in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision circumstances that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Chattanooga, Tennessee company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.