Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Chattanooga company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Chattanooga, Tennessee businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital applications may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that permits remote workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or revise their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your current Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
At-home workers often run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your business to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that protects critical data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by remote workers and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your processes and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to equipment issues, programming glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can help your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, see Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Chattanooga, Tennessee business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.