Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Chattanooga company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Chattanooga, Tennessee organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital processes may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that enables at-home workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for enabling organizations to build, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A fast, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or revise their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex issues. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables you to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home employees typically use their personal devices and usually work in a poorly secured physical space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of firewalls, anti-malware tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough user training, and the development of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of data security solutions experts can assist your business to design, deploy and maintain an effective security solution that guards vital information assets in environments that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by remote workers and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo authentication services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you log into a protected online account and give your password you are requested to verify your identity on a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be used as this second form of ID validation such as an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register several validation devices. To learn more about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper describing critical things to concentrate on for protecting a network that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for safeguarding corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Chattanooga, Tennessee company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.