Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Chattanooga organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Chattanooga, Tennessee organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that allows remote workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network models that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or edit the status of their active tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows you to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Telecommuters often run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to design, deploy and administer a modern security solution that guards vital information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices used by telecommuters and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo MFA services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using 2FA, whenever you log into a secured application and give your password you are asked to verify your identity on a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different network channel. A broad range of devices can be utilized for this second form of authentication such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register multiple verification devices. For more information about Duo two-factor identity validation services, go to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote access to experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, visit Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Chattanooga, Tennessee organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.