Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Chattanooga organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Chattanooga, Tennessee organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the company phone system to include remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author documents. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced online support for helping organizations to create, manage and repair integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or update the status of their current tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your current Help Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support model based on the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your business to design, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that guards critical data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your workflows and policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants familiar with a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Chattanooga, Tennessee organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.