Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Chesapeake
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding the processes related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Chesapeake organization can use Progent's forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and requires intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to protect backups.
- Copy forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each computer and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Chesapeake
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Chesapeake business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.