Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Chesapeake
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Chesapeake organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data recovery and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Capture forensically sound images of all suspect devices so your data restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect every machine and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Chesapeake
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Chesapeake organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.