Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff may be slower to recognize a breach and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can manage inside a victim's network, the longer it takes to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to take the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist organizations in the Chesapeake area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and protect clean resources from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Chesapeake
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any available backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated restoration nearly impossible and basically throws the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom fee for the decryption tools needed to recover scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate files and hackers demand an extra settlement for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a major issue depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration has a number of distinct stages, most of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has enough members with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response involves arresting the lateral progress of the attack within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Containment processes include cutting off infected endpoints from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also demands the broadest range of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network topology, and protected endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the complicated restoration process. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize activity and to put essential services on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover files impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not carefully closed, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to find undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by many of the world's largest corporations including Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware filtering, detection, containment, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Activities include determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and using the decryptor tool; troubleshooting failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack state; and restoring computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves uncovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes like business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Chesapeake
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Chesapeake metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.