Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel may take longer to become aware of a penetration and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve within a victim's system, the longer it takes to restore basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to carry out the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Chesapeake metro area to locate and isolate breached servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Chesapeake
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any available system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware assault, demand a settlement fee for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate files and hackers demand an extra ransom for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can rollback your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem depending on the sensitivity of the stolen data.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration has several distinct stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery team has enough people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial response involves blocking the lateral progress of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to go unchecked, the longer and more costly the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the least delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the widest range of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to organize the complex restoration effort. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a client's managers and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to get critical resources on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not carefully shut down, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to locate clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on staff desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to deploy immutable backup for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including administrators or root users. This provides another level of security and recoverability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV technology implemented by some of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing real-time malware blocking, detection, containment, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, streamlines management, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services include determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryptor tool; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and recovering computers and software services.
- Forensics: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights gaps in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key activities like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting in Chesapeake
For ransomware recovery consulting in the Chesapeake area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.