Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when IT staff are likely to take longer to become aware of a breach and are less able to organize a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve within a victim's system, the more time it will require to recover core operations and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to take the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help organizations in the Chesapeake metro area to identify and quarantine infected devices and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Chesapeake
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and infiltrate any accessible backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee for the decryption tools needed to recover encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs demand an additional payment for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a major problem according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware attack involves several crucial stages, most of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery team has a sufficient number of people with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response involves arresting the lateral progress of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the longer and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a minimal acceptable degree of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is usually the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the widest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network topology, and safe remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced collaboration tools to coordinate the complex recovery effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to restore files impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the network, the number of files that are affected, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not carefully shut down, might have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to utilize immutability for cloud object storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including administrators or root users. Immutable storage adds an extra level of protection and restoration ability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Setting up advanced AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the identical AV technology deployed by many of the world's largest corporations including Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware blocking, classification, containment, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, streamlines administration, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Expertise in Chesapeake
For ransomware cleanup consulting services in the Chesapeake area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.