Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Chesapeake
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a combination of real-word experience, IT knowledge and business savvy. It also calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT team and the insurance provider, if any. Since the top priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is vital to establish response groups that operate efficiently, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the breadth of IT skills and the deep bench of experts to complement your IT support team and restore your network rapidly and affordably.
Services available from Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- making contact with the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement payment with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the threat actor
- Checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and operating the TA's decryptor mechanism
- If needed, contacting the TA for assistance with the decryption tool
After the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can assist you to recover physical and virtual devices and software services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also help you to perform a complete forensics analysis and generate a document to share with the cyber insurance provider. This document helps you to understand cybersecurity gaps that need to be fixed and suggests steps that can be performed to counter future ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining affected endpoints and data stores to arrest the progress of the assault
- Creating replicas of each infected server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Installing anti-virus protection to all clean endpoints
- Restoring data from air-gapped restores or uncompromised endpoints
- Creating a clean recovery environment
- Remapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting payment for a decryption tool, modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor commonly attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. TAs can then require an extra payment for not publishing this data or selling it. Unfortunately, there is no method to guarantee that exfiltrated data have been completely deleted by the threat actor. Actually, in many cases the TA has little say about where the information ends up. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of getting the advice of privacy attorneys, conducting an audit on which files were compromised, and sending the necessary notifications to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Guidance in Chesapeake
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement expertise in Chesapeake, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.