Data centers are the focal point of utilizing IT resources to optimize the strategic value of an information system. For small organizations, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal fashion, resulting in a situation where servers and disks are underutilized, available communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, support requirements are high, scaling or repurposing is expensive, protection is patchy, seemingly simple changes become giant hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's latest network devices and tools enable a new model of data center architecture that allows continual improvements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's engineers can assist you to select and deploy Cisco's connectivity products to build a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in vital areas including:
- Processor and disk utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The important advantages that can be realized from engaging Progent's network consultants to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower costs: permits IT management to substantially reduce acquisition costs via consolidation and higher utilization of previously separate equipment, lower operational costs by streamlining and automating management tasks, and cut cooling and energy costs.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT management to respond dynamically to changing business demands by allowing fast deployment of application and infrastructure functions from common aggregations of integrated processor, storage, and connectivity technologies. This helps streamline administrative processes and support policy-based management.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: enables IT to defend against disruptions or attacks by protecting infrastructure, applications, and data through the highest levels of availability, comprehensive protection, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT to optimize network service levels by implementing secure, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from any location and at any moment throughout the organization.
Progent's network consultants can provide a broad array of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes implement a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a stable and secure basis for current applications and future expansion. Progent's consulting services include:
- Building efficient firewall protection solutions powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Installing and troubleshooting protected VPN connections for linking data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity environments so that single point failures do not disrupt availability of services
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with transparent failover based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can help customers along the entire path of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with ISPs to prepare their environments, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware virtual server systems
- Designing, deploying and assisting customers to administer proactive IPS systems so that attacks can be identified quickly and remediated before they disrupt productivity
- Designing, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can map customer requirements to the appropriate technology and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions allow for seamless and convenient growth, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design effective network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various outside vendor products that allow network managers a useful look into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and troubleshooting high-end data center class routers and switches including the Cisco Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 Series routers.
To find out more information about Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco solutions, select a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.