Data centers are the focal point of utilizing information technology assets to maximize the strategic value of a computer network. For small companies, data centers have typically evolved in a haphazard manner, resulting in a state where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, available communications bandwidth is overlooked, collaboration and information sharing is limited, support requirements are high, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, security is poor, seemingly minor changes become major challenges, and complete recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent networking products and tools enable a new model of data center design that permits ongoing improvements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and application technologies in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's engineers can help you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Server and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The key advantages that can be realized as a result of using Progent's Cisco-certified experts to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: permits IT to significantly lower capital expenses through integration and more efficient use of formerly isolated network resources, slash operational costs by simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and reduce cooling and power bills.
- More Business Agility: enables IT to react dynamically to changing business conditions by facilitating rapid deployment of application and network services from shared aggregations of integrated processor, disk, and connectivity resources. This can streamline operational procedures and support policy-driven control.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: enables IT to react to disruptions or attacks by protecting connections, programs, and data with the highest degrees of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT to improve business service levels by implementing secure, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from anywhere and at any moment throughout the organization.
Progent's network consultants offer a broad range of services that can help organizations of all sizes create a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will give your data center a dependable and secure basis for current applications and downstream growth. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall security solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and supporting secure VPN connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access architectures in which single component failures do not disrupt productivity
- Setting up backup ISPs with seamless failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide customers through the complete process of paperwork with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with Internet Service Providers to set up their environments, and configuring and testing client equipment.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to support VMware virtual server systems
- Designing, deploying and helping clients to manage proactive IPS systems so that attacks can be detected rapidly and defeated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can map customer requirements to the appropriate technology and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Such solutions allow for seamless and scalable growth, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to plan affordable network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor products that allow network managers a powerful real-time view into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center class routers and switches including the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 Series switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 family routers.
To find out more details about Progent's consulting assistance for Cisco networking products, select a topic:
If you wish to contact Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.