Data centers are the focal point of utilizing information technology assets to optimize the strategic value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have often grown in a haphazard fashion, creating a state where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications bandwidth is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance requirements are high, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is poor, seemingly simple modifications turn into major hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous failure is almost undoable.
Cisco's latest connectivity products and tools enable a new generation of data center architecture that permits continual enhancements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and application technologies in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's engineers can help you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity products to build a solid foundation for your data center and to improve your operations in vital areas including:
- Server and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The important benefits that can be realized from engaging Progent's network consultants to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced total cost of ownership: allows IT to substantially cut acquisition costs via integration and more efficient utilization of formerly separate network resources, lower operational expenses by streamlining and automating administrative jobs, and reduce cooling and power costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: permits IT management to respond quickly to changing business demands by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and network functions from common pools of integrated server, disk, and connectivity resources. This helps streamline administrative processes and enable policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: allows IT to respond to breakdowns or attacks by protecting infrastructure, applications, and data with advanced degrees of availability, comprehensive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT management to improve network service levels by implementing safe, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from anywhere and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's network experts offer a broad range of services that can enable businesses of all sizes implement a Cisco-based environment that will give your data center a resilient and secure basis for current applications and downstream growth. Professional services include:
- Building efficient firewall protection solutions based on PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and troubleshooting secure VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile workers
- Planning, and integrating complete zero-downtime LAN and Internet access architectures so that single point breakdowns do not interrupt operation of the network
- Configuring multiple ISPs with transparent failover using BGP protocols. Progent can help clients through the complete chain of interaction with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISPs to set up their networks, and configuring and testing client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure VLAN architectures to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Planning, deploying and helping customers to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified rapidly and remediated before they disrupt productivity
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can map customer needs to the appropriate solutions and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such designs allow for transparent and scalable expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can create practical network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor products that present network managers a useful real-time view into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting high-end data center capable routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 Series switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
For more information concerning Progent's professional expertise for Cisco technology, choose a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about professional expertise for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.