Data centers are the key to utilizing IT assets to optimize the business value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have typically evolved in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a situation where processors and disks are underutilized, available communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, maintenance requirements are high, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, security is patchy, seemingly minor modifications become major hassles, and full recovery from disastrous failure becomes almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent connectivity devices and tools enable a new model of data center architecture that permits ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to select and deploy Cisco's connectivity products to create a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your operations in vital areas such as:
- Processor and storage efficiency
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can accrue as a result of using Progent's Cisco-certified experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: allows IT management to substantially cut capital expenses through consolidation and higher utilization of formerly isolated equipment, slash operational expenses through streamlining and automating administrative tasks, and cut HVAC and power costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: enables IT to react dynamically to evolving business demands by facilitating rapid deployment of application and network functions from common pools of consolidated processor, storage, and connectivity technologies. This helps improve administrative processes and enable policy-based management.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: allows IT management to defend against breakdowns or intrusions by guarding connections, programs, and information through the highest degrees of availability, pervasive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT management to improve business service levels by providing secure, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from any location and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco experts can provide a wide range of services that can enable organizations of any size implement a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will offer your data center a stable and protected basis for current applications and future expansion. Support services include:
- Designing effective firewall security solutions using PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Installing and supporting protected Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating resilient zero-downtime switching, routing, and Internet access architectures so that single component failures do not interrupt operation of the network
- Setting up backup ISPs with transparent transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can guide customers through the entire path of paperwork with Internet supervisors, having ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with ISP carriers to set up their environments, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Planning, installing and helping clients to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be detected quickly and defeated before they impact your business
- Designing, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can match expressed requirements to the most cost-effective solutions and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These designs permit seamless and convenient growth, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can plan practical network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party products that offer network managers a powerful look into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and troubleshooting advanced data center class routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
For more details concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco networking products, pick a subject:
To ask Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.