Data centers are the focal point of leveraging information technology resources to maximize the business value of an information system. For small organizations, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a situation where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is overlooked, teamwork and knowledge sharing is minimal, support demands are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, security is patchy, nominally simple changes become giant hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity products and technologies support a new model of data center design that allows continual enhancements in processor, storage, network topology, and applications in a manageable and economical way. Progent's consultants can help you to select and implement Cisco's network solutions to build a solid basis for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas including:
- Server and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The important advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's network experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: enables IT to substantially lower acquisition costs through consolidation and higher utilization of formerly separate network resources, slash maintenance costs through simplifying and automating administrative jobs, and reduce cooling and energy bills.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT to react quickly to evolving competitive conditions by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from shared pools of consolidated processor, disk, and connectivity technologies. This helps improve administrative procedures and support policy-based control.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: enables IT to respond to disruptions or attacks by protecting connections, applications, and data through advanced degrees of availability, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to improve business service levels by implementing secure, accelerated connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from any location and at any moment throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco experts can provide a broad range of services that can enable organizations of all sizes implement a Cisco-based environment that will offer your data center a stable and protected basis for current applications and future growth. Consulting services include:
- Designing effective firewall protection configurations powered by PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Deploying and supporting protected Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating resilient fault tolerant LAN and Internet access architectures in which single point failures do not disrupt availability of services
- Setting up backup ISPs with seamless transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can assist customers along the complete chain of interaction with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with ISPs to set up their environments, and deploying and testing client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Planning, deploying and assisting clients to manage proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be identified rapidly and defeated so they don't impact your business
- Designing, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can map customer needs to the best technology and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These designs allow for seamless and convenient expansion, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to create practical network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various 3rd party solutions that present customers a useful look into the health of their data center's network
- Configuring and troubleshooting high-end data center class routers and switches including the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 routers.
To learn more details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco technology, pick a topic:
In order to contact Progent about technical support for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.