Data centers are the focal point of leveraging information technology resources to maximize the competitive value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, resulting in a state where servers and storage devices are underutilized, available communications capacity is overlooked, teamwork and information sharing is limited, maintenance demands are high, scaling or repurposing is costly, security is patchy, seemingly minor changes turn into major hassles, and full recovery from catastrophic failure becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's most recent networking devices and technologies enable a new model of data center design that permits continual improvements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and cost-effective way. Progent's engineers can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's network technology to create a solid basis for your data center and to improve your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Processor and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The business benefits that can be realized as a result of engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: enables IT to substantially reduce capital expenses via consolidation and higher utilization of formerly isolated equipment, lower operational costs by simplifying and automating administrative jobs, and cut air conditioning and energy bills.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT to react dynamically to evolving business demands by facilitating fast deployment of application and infrastructure services from common pools of consolidated processor, storage, and connectivity resources. This helps improve administrative processes and enable policy-based management.
- Better Business Robustness: enables IT to defend against breakdowns or intrusions by protecting connections, applications, and data with the highest degrees of availability, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT management to optimize network service levels by implementing secure, fast connectivity to data center-resident applications and information from any place and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants offer a wide array of consulting services that can enable businesses of all sizes design a Cisco-based architecture that will offer your data center a resilient and protected basis for current applications and future expansion. Professional services include:
- Designing effective firewall protection solutions using PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Installing and supporting protected VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile workers
- Planning, and integrating complete zero-downtime LAN and Internet connectivity architectures in which single point failures do not disrupt productivity
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with seamless failover based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can assist customers along the entire chain of interaction with Internet authorities, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their systems, and deploying and testing client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN environments to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Architecting, deploying and helping clients to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that attacks can be identified quickly and defeated so they don't impact productivity
- Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Consulting with clients, Progent can align customer requirements to the most cost-effective technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit transparent and scalable expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design affordable network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor solutions that present customers a powerful real-time view into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center capable routers and switches including the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 routers.
To find out additional information concerning Progent's consulting help for Cisco technology, choose a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.