Data centers are the key to leveraging IT resources to maximize the competitive value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have often grown in a haphazard manner, creating a state where processors and storage devices are underutilized, available communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are high, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, security is patchy, nominally simple modifications become giant challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's latest connectivity devices and technologies enable a new model of data center design that allows continual improvements in processor, storage, network topology, and applications in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to select and deploy Cisco's network technology to create a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas including:
- Processor and disk utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The business benefits that can be realized from engaging Progent's network experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced costs: enables IT management to significantly reduce capital expenses via consolidation and more efficient use of formerly separate equipment, lower maintenance costs through simplifying and automating management jobs, and cut cooling and power costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: permits IT to react quickly to changing business conditions by facilitating fast provisioning of application and infrastructure services from common pools of integrated server, storage, and connectivity technologies. This can improve administrative procedures and support policy-based management.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: enables IT management to react to disruptions or intrusions by safeguarding infrastructure, applications, and information with the highest degrees of availability, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: allows IT management to optimize network service levels by providing secure, accelerated connectivity to data center-hosted applications and information from any place and at any time throughout the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants offer a wide range of consulting services that can enable companies of any size build a Cisco-based infrastructure that will give your data center a stable and secure foundation for current applications and downstream expansion. Support services include:
- Designing efficient firewall protection solutions using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and supporting protected VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Planning, and implementing resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access environments so that single component breakdowns do not interrupt delivery of services
- Configuring backup Internet providers with transparent failover using BGP protocols. Progent can guide clients through the entire path of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISPs to set up their environments, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Architecting, installing and helping customers to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified rapidly and defeated before they disrupt your business
- Designing, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can align customer needs to the most cost-effective technology and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Such designs permit transparent and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent can create effective network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party solutions that offer customers a useful look into the activity of their data center's network
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center class infrastructure appliances such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 family routers.
To learn additional information about Progent's consulting assistance for Cisco solutions, pick a topic:
In order to ask Progent about professional help for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.