Data centers are the key to utilizing IT assets to maximize the strategic value of a computer network. For small companies, data centers have typically evolved in a haphazard manner, creating a situation where processors and storage devices are underutilized, available communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is limited, support requirements are high, scaling or repurposing is costly, protection is patchy, nominally simple changes become major hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous failure is almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent networking appliances and technologies support a new model of data center architecture that permits ongoing improvements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and applications in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's consultants can help you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity technology to create a solid basis for your data center and to improve your data center processes in critical areas such as:
- Processor and storage utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The key advantages that can accrue from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced costs: allows IT to substantially cut capital costs via consolidation and higher utilization of previously separate network resources, slash operational expenses through simplifying and automating management jobs, and reduce air conditioning and energy costs.
- More Business Agility: enables IT to respond quickly to evolving business conditions by facilitating rapid deployment of application and network functions from common aggregations of integrated server, storage, and network resources. This can streamline administrative procedures and support policy-based management.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: allows IT management to react to breakdowns or intrusions by safeguarding connections, applications, and data through advanced degrees of fault tolerance, comprehensive protection, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT management to improve network service levels by implementing safe, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and data from anywhere and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a wide array of consulting services that can help organizations of all sizes design a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will offer your data center a resilient and secure basis for current applications and future expansion. Consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and supporting protected Virtual Private Network access for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access systems so that single point failures do not interrupt operation of the network
- Setting up backup Internet providers with transparent failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide clients along the complete process of interaction with Internet authorities, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their networks, and deploying and testing customer devices.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN architectures to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Planning, installing and assisting customers to manage proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated before they disrupt productivity
- Designing, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can map expressed needs to the most sensible solutions and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. These designs permit transparent and convenient growth, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can plan practical network management strategies based on SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that offer customers a powerful real-time view into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center class routers and switches including the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 Series switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 routers.
To learn more details concerning Progent's consulting assistance for Cisco products, pick a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about professional support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.