Data centers are the key to leveraging IT assets to optimize the business value of a computer network. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, creating a state where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, security is poor, nominally simple modifications become giant challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's latest networking devices and technologies enable a new model of data center architecture that permits ongoing enhancements in server, storage, network topology, and applications in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's consultants can help you to identify and implement Cisco's network technology to build a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your data center processes in critical areas such as:
- Processor and storage utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The important benefits that can be realized from using Progent's Cisco-certified experts to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower TCO: allows IT management to significantly lower capital expenses through consolidation and higher use of previously isolated equipment, lower operational costs by simplifying and automating management tasks, and cut cooling and energy bills.
- Greater Business Agility: enables IT management to respond quickly to evolving competitive demands by allowing fast deployment of application and network functions from common aggregations of consolidated server, disk, and network resources. This helps improve administrative procedures and support policy-based control.
- Better Business Resilience: enables IT management to defend against disruptions or attacks by safeguarding connections, programs, and information through the highest degrees of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: allows IT management to optimize network service levels by providing secure, fast access to data center-hosted applications and data from any place and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's network experts offer a broad range of services that can help businesses of all sizes implement a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a reliable and secure basis for current applications and future expansion. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building efficient firewall security configurations based on PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Deploying and supporting secure Virtual Private Network connections for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating resilient zero-downtime LAN and Internet connectivity environments in which single point failures do not interrupt delivery of services
- Configuring backup Internet providers with seamless transfer using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can assist clients through the complete chain of paperwork with Internet authorities, having ASN numbers and IP addresses allotted, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their systems, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and protected VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Architecting, installing and assisting customers to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be detected quickly and defeated before they impact your business
- Designing, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with clients, Progent can match expressed needs to the most cost-effective technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. These designs permit transparent and convenient growth, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design efficient network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various 3rd party solutions that allow network managers a useful look into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting high-end data center class infrastructure appliances including the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 routers.
For more details concerning Progent's consulting assistance for Cisco networking products, choose a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about technical support for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.