Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology resources to maximize the competitive value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a piecemeal fashion, resulting in a state where servers and storage devices are underutilized, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance requirements are excessive, expansion or reconfiguring is costly, protection is poor, nominally minor modifications become giant hassles, and full recovery from catastrophic breakdowns is almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity appliances and technologies support a new generation of data center architecture that allows continual enhancements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and cost-effective way. Progent's consultants can assist you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas such as:
- Server and storage efficiency
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The business benefits that can accrue from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Assistance for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower TCO: permits IT to significantly cut acquisition costs through integration and higher use of previously isolated equipment, lower maintenance costs through simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and cut HVAC and energy bills.
- Greater Business Agility: enables IT management to react quickly to changing competitive conditions by facilitating fast deployment of application and network services from shared pools of integrated server, disk, and connectivity technologies. This can improve operational procedures and enable policy-based control.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: enables IT to react to disruptions or intrusions by protecting infrastructure, programs, and data with advanced degrees of availability, comprehensive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to optimize network service levels by implementing secure, fast access to data center-hosted applications and data from anywhere and at any time throughout the enterprise.
Progent's network experts offer a broad range of services that can enable companies of any size build a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a stable and protected basis for existing applications and future expansion. Professional services feature:
- Designing effective firewall protection configurations using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and supporting protected Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access systems so that single point breakdowns do not interrupt operation of the network
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with transparent failover based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can guide customers along the complete chain of paperwork with Internet authorities, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with Internet Service Providers to set up their networks, and deploying and testing customer devices.
- Building segmented and protected VLAN architectures to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Designing, deploying and helping customers to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be identified rapidly and remediated before they impact productivity
- Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can match expressed needs to the best technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such solutions allow for transparent and scalable growth, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can create efficient network management strategies based on SNMP and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various 3rd party solutions that offer network managers a powerful real-time view into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center capable routers and switches including the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 Series routers.
For more details about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco solutions, choose a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.