Data centers are the focal point of leveraging information technology resources to optimize the competitive value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal fashion, creating a state where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and information sharing is limited, support requirements are high, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is patchy, nominally minor modifications become giant challenges, and full recovery from catastrophic failure becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's most recent networking devices and technologies enable a new model of data center design that allows ongoing improvements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and application technologies in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to select and deploy Cisco's connectivity products to build a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in vital areas such as:
- Processor and storage efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's network experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: enables IT management to significantly cut capital expenses through integration and higher use of formerly isolated network resources, slash operational expenses by simplifying and automating management tasks, and reduce HVAC and energy bills.
- Greater Business Agility: enables IT to react dynamically to evolving business demands by allowing fast provisioning of application and infrastructure services from shared pools of integrated processor, disk, and network technologies. This helps streamline administrative processes and support policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: enables IT management to respond to disruptions or attacks by protecting connections, programs, and information through advanced levels of fault tolerance, pervasive protection, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT to optimize business service levels by providing secure, fast connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from anywhere and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's network experts offer a wide range of consulting services that can help companies of any size build a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a stable and secure foundation for existing applications and future expansion. Consulting services feature:
- Building efficient firewall security configurations using PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and supporting secure VPN connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Planning, and implementing resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access environments in which single component breakdowns do not disrupt productivity
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with seamless transfer using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can assist clients along the complete path of paperwork with Internet supervisors, having ASN numbers and IP addresses allotted, dealing with ISPs to prepare their environments, and configuring and checking client equipment.
- Building segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN environments to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and assisting clients to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated so they don't disrupt your business
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can align customer requirements to the appropriate technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such solutions permit transparent and convenient growth, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to plan practical network management solutions based on SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various 3rd party solutions that allow network managers a powerful look into the operation of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center capable routers and switches including the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 family routers.
For more information concerning Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco products, select a topic:
To get in touch with Progent about professional support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.