Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT resources to optimize the strategic value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal fashion, creating a situation where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, support demands are high, expansion or repurposing is costly, security is poor, nominally minor changes become giant challenges, and full recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's latest networking products and technologies enable a new generation of data center design that permits ongoing enhancements in server, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and cost-effective way. Progent's consultants can help you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a solid foundation for your data center and to improve your data center processes in vital areas such as:
- Processor and storage efficiency
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The key benefits that can accrue from using Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced total cost of ownership: permits IT management to significantly lower capital expenses through consolidation and higher use of formerly separate network resources, lower operational expenses by simplifying and automating administrative jobs, and cut cooling and energy bills.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT to respond quickly to changing business demands by facilitating fast provisioning of application and network services from common aggregations of integrated processor, storage, and network resources. This helps streamline administrative processes and enable policy-driven management.
- Better Business Resilience: allows IT to respond to breakdowns or intrusions by guarding infrastructure, applications, and data through advanced levels of availability, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT to improve business service levels by providing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any place and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a broad array of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes implement a Cisco-based infrastructure that will give your data center a reliable and secure basis for existing applications and downstream expansion. Professional services include:
- Designing effective firewall protection solutions using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and troubleshooting secure VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Planning, and implementing complete non-stop switching, routing, and Internet connectivity systems so that single component failures do not disrupt availability of services
- Setting up backup Internet providers with seamless transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can guide customers through the entire path of interaction with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with ISPs to set up their networks, and deploying and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to compliment VMware virtual server deployments
- Planning, installing and assisting clients to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be identified quickly and defeated before they disrupt your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can map expressed needs to the most cost-effective technology and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit seamless and scalable growth, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to plan affordable network management solutions based on SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various 3rd party solutions that offer customers a powerful real-time view into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances such as the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 family switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 family routers.
To find out additional details about Progent's professional support for Cisco solutions, choose a subject:
In order to contact Progent about consulting support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.