Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT assets to optimize the strategic value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a situation where processors and storage devices are underutilized, available communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and information sharing is limited, support demands are high, scaling or reconfiguring is costly, security is patchy, seemingly minor changes turn into giant hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns is virtually impossible.
Cisco's latest network devices and tools support a new generation of data center design that permits ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and economical way. Progent's engineers can help you to select and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in critical areas such as:
- Processor and disk utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The business benefits that can be realized as a result of engaging Progent's network consultants to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: enables IT to significantly reduce capital costs through integration and higher use of previously isolated equipment, slash maintenance costs by simplifying and automating administrative jobs, and reduce HVAC and power bills.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT management to respond quickly to evolving business demands by facilitating fast provisioning of application and network functions from shared aggregations of integrated processor, disk, and network technologies. This helps improve administrative processes and support policy-based management.
- Better Network Robustness: allows IT management to defend against breakdowns or intrusions by protecting connections, applications, and information with advanced levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: allows IT management to improve business service levels by providing safe, fast access to data center-resident applications and data from any place and at any time across the organization.
Progent's network experts offer a wide range of services that can enable organizations of all sizes create a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a reliable and protected foundation for existing applications and downstream expansion. Support services include:
- Building efficient firewall protection solutions based on PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and troubleshooting secure VPN connections for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity environments so that single component breakdowns do not interrupt delivery of services
- Configuring multiple ISPs with transparent transfer using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can assist clients along the complete path of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with ISPs to set up their networks, and deploying and testing client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN environments to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and helping clients to administer proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be detected rapidly and defeated so they don't impact productivity
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can match customer requirements to the appropriate solutions and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. These solutions allow for transparent and scalable expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to plan practical network management strategies using SNMP and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party solutions that offer network managers a useful real-time view into the operation of their data center's network
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
To see more information concerning Progent's consulting assistance for Cisco solutions, pick a topic:
In order to ask Progent about technical expertise for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.