Data centers are the key to utilizing IT assets to maximize the competitive value of a computer network. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, resulting in a state where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is overlooked, teamwork and knowledge sharing is minimal, maintenance requirements are excessive, scaling or repurposing is expensive, protection is poor, seemingly simple modifications become major hassles, and full recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's latest network appliances and tools enable a new generation of data center design that allows ongoing improvements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can assist you to select and deploy Cisco's connectivity technology to build a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your operations in vital areas including:
- Server and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The business benefits that can accrue as a result of using Progent's network consultants to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: allows IT management to significantly cut capital expenses through integration and more efficient use of formerly isolated network resources, lower operational costs by streamlining and automating management tasks, and cut air conditioning and power costs.
- More Business Agility: permits IT to react dynamically to changing competitive demands by allowing fast provisioning of application and infrastructure services from shared aggregations of integrated processor, disk, and network technologies. This can improve operational procedures and support policy-based management.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: enables IT to react to breakdowns or attacks by safeguarding infrastructure, applications, and information with advanced levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT to optimize business service levels by providing safe, fast access to data center-hosted applications and data from any place and at any moment throughout the organization.
Progent's network experts can provide a broad range of services that can help businesses of any size design a Cisco-based architecture that will offer your data center a resilient and protected basis for current applications and downstream expansion. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions using PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and supporting secure Virtual Private Network connections for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and integrating resilient non-stop LAN and Internet connectivity environments so that single point breakdowns do not interrupt productivity
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with transparent failover using BGP protocols. Progent can help customers through the complete chain of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with ISP carriers to set up their systems, and configuring and checking customer devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected VLAN architectures to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Planning, installing and assisting customers to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be detected quickly and remediated so they don't impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can match customer requirements to the appropriate technology and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs permit transparent and convenient growth, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to design efficient network management strategies based on SNMP and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party solutions that offer customers a useful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center class routers and switches including the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 routers.
To find out additional information about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco networking products, choose a subject:
In order to ask Progent about technical help for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.