Data centers are the focal point of utilizing IT resources to maximize the strategic value of an IT network. For small organizations, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a state where processors and disks are underutilized, usable communications bandwidth is overlooked, teamwork and information sharing is limited, support demands are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is costly, security is patchy, seemingly simple modifications turn into giant challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure is almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent networking devices and technologies support a new generation of data center design that allows ongoing improvements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and economical way. Progent's engineers can help you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity technology to build a solid basis for your data center and to improve your operations in vital areas such as:
- Processor and disk utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The business advantages that can be realized as a result of engaging Progent's network experts to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Assistance for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: allows IT to substantially cut capital expenses through consolidation and more efficient use of formerly isolated equipment, lower operational costs by streamlining and automating administrative tasks, and reduce cooling and power costs.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT management to react quickly to changing competitive conditions by allowing rapid provisioning of application and network services from shared pools of integrated processor, storage, and connectivity technologies. This helps improve operational processes and support policy-driven management.
- Better Network Robustness: enables IT management to defend against breakdowns or attacks by protecting infrastructure, programs, and data through advanced degrees of availability, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT to improve business service levels by implementing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and information from anywhere and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's network experts offer a broad range of services that can help organizations of all sizes design a Cisco-based environment that will give your data center a stable and protected foundation for current applications and future expansion. Support services feature:
- Designing efficient firewall security solutions based on PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and supporting secure VPN connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and integrating complete fault tolerant LAN and Internet access systems so that single component breakdowns do not disrupt productivity
- Setting up multiple ISPs with seamless transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can guide clients along the entire process of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their environments, and configuring and testing customer devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected VLAN architectures to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Architecting, installing and helping clients to administer 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be identified quickly and remediated before they impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can match customer requirements to the appropriate solutions and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such solutions permit transparent and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent can create practical network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor products that allow customers a useful look into the operation of their data center's network
- Configuring and troubleshooting advanced data center class routers and switches including the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
To learn additional information concerning Progent's engineering support for Cisco products, select a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about consulting help for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.