Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology resources to optimize the strategic value of a computer network. For small businesses, data centers have typically grown in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a state where processors and disks are underutilized, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, support requirements are high, scaling or repurposing is costly, protection is poor, seemingly simple changes turn into major hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes almost undoable.
Cisco's latest networking products and technologies support a new generation of data center architecture that permits continual improvements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's engineers can help you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity technology to build a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your data center operations in critical areas such as:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The important benefits that can accrue from using Progent's network consultants to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower costs: allows IT to significantly reduce acquisition expenses via integration and more efficient use of previously separate network resources, lower maintenance expenses through streamlining and automating management tasks, and cut air conditioning and power costs.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT management to react quickly to changing competitive demands by allowing fast deployment of application and infrastructure services from shared aggregations of consolidated processor, storage, and network technologies. This can improve operational procedures and support policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: allows IT management to react to disruptions or attacks by safeguarding connections, applications, and data with the highest degrees of availability, pervasive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT management to improve business service levels by implementing safe, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from any location and at any moment throughout the enterprise.
Progent's network experts can provide a wide range of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes build a Cisco-based architecture that will give your data center a reliable and protected basis for current applications and future expansion. Support services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection configurations powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and troubleshooting protected VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and integrating resilient zero-downtime switching, routing, and Internet access architectures so that single point breakdowns do not interrupt delivery of services
- Setting up multiple ISPs with seamless failover based on BGP protocols. Progent can assist customers along the entire chain of paperwork with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with ISP carriers to set up their environments, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN environments to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and helping customers to administer proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and defeated before they impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can align customer requirements to the most cost-effective solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions allow for transparent and convenient growth, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can create effective network management solutions based on SNMP and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party solutions that offer network managers a useful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center class infrastructure appliances such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 routers.
For more details about Progent's professional support for Cisco products, select a subject:
To contact Progent about engineering support for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.