Data centers are the focal point of leveraging information technology resources to optimize the business value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal fashion, resulting in a situation where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, available communications bandwidth is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are excessive, expansion or repurposing is expensive, protection is poor, nominally minor modifications turn into giant challenges, and full recovery from catastrophic failure becomes almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent network devices and technologies enable a new model of data center architecture that allows ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, network topology, and applications in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's engineers can help you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in vital areas including:
- Processor and storage efficiency
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The important advantages that can be realized as a result of engaging Progent's network experts to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower TCO: permits IT management to significantly cut capital expenses via integration and higher utilization of previously separate network resources, lower maintenance expenses through streamlining and automating administrative tasks, and reduce HVAC and power costs.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT management to respond quickly to changing competitive demands by allowing rapid deployment of application and network services from common pools of consolidated server, disk, and connectivity technologies. This helps improve operational processes and support policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: enables IT to respond to disruptions or attacks by guarding infrastructure, applications, and data through the highest levels of availability, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT to optimize business service levels by providing safe, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and data from anywhere and at any time across the organization.
Progent's network consultants can provide a wide array of consulting services that can enable businesses of all sizes build a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a resilient and secure foundation for current applications and downstream growth. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building efficient firewall security solutions using PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and supporting protected Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating resilient fault tolerant LAN and Internet access environments in which single point breakdowns do not interrupt availability of services
- Configuring backup ISPs with seamless failover based on BGP protocols. Progent can assist clients along the complete process of interaction with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with ISPs to prepare their environments, and deploying and testing customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to support VMware virtual server systems
- Planning, deploying and helping customers to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be identified rapidly and remediated before they impact productivity
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can map customer needs to the best solutions and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions allow for transparent and scalable growth, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design affordable network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party solutions that offer network managers a useful real-time view into the health of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center class routers and switches such as the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 family switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 Series routers.
To see additional details about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco technology, select a topic:
In order to ask Progent about professional support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.