Data centers are the key to utilizing IT assets to optimize the strategic value of a computer network. For small organizations, data centers have typically grown in a haphazard fashion, creating a situation where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is minimal, support demands are high, expansion or reconfiguring is costly, security is poor, nominally minor modifications turn into major hassles, and full recovery from catastrophic breakdowns is almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity appliances and technologies support a new model of data center design that permits continual enhancements in server, storage, network topology, and applications in a manageable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to select and implement Cisco's network technology to build a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in vital areas such as:
- Server and storage utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The key advantages that can accrue as a result of using Progent's network experts to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: allows IT to substantially reduce capital costs via integration and higher use of formerly isolated network resources, slash maintenance expenses by simplifying and automating administrative jobs, and cut air conditioning and power bills.
- More Business Agility: permits IT management to respond dynamically to changing competitive conditions by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and network services from common pools of integrated processor, disk, and network technologies. This helps streamline administrative procedures and support policy-based control.
- Enhanced Network Resilience: enables IT to respond to breakdowns or intrusions by protecting connections, programs, and data with advanced levels of fault tolerance, pervasive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT management to optimize business service levels by implementing safe, fast access to data center-hosted applications and data from any location and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a broad range of consulting services that can enable organizations of all sizes design a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a reliable and protected foundation for current applications and downstream growth. Consulting services feature:
- Designing efficient firewall protection configurations based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Deploying and supporting secure VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Planning, and implementing resilient zero-downtime switching, routing, and Internet connectivity systems in which single point failures do not disrupt operation of the network
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with seamless failover based on BGP protocols. Progent can guide clients through the entire path of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with Internet Service Providers to set up their environments, and deploying and testing client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server systems
- Designing, deploying and helping clients to administer proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified rapidly and remediated before they disrupt your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with clients, Progent can map customer requirements to the appropriate solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. These designs permit seamless and convenient expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can plan affordable network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party solutions that allow network managers a powerful real-time view into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center class infrastructure appliances such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 Series routers.
For more details about Progent's professional support for Cisco solutions, pick a topic:
In order to ask Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.