Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology assets to optimize the strategic value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a state where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is limited, maintenance requirements are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is patchy, seemingly minor changes become major challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's latest network appliances and tools support a new generation of data center architecture that permits continual improvements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's engineers can help you to identify and implement Cisco's network technology to build a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your data center operations in vital areas including:
- Processor and disk utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The key benefits that can accrue from using Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: allows IT to substantially lower acquisition expenses through integration and more efficient use of formerly separate network resources, slash maintenance expenses through streamlining and automating administrative jobs, and reduce cooling and power costs.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT to react dynamically to changing business demands by allowing rapid deployment of application and infrastructure services from shared aggregations of integrated server, disk, and network technologies. This can streamline administrative processes and enable policy-based management.
- Better Network Resilience: allows IT to respond to disruptions or attacks by guarding connections, programs, and information through the highest levels of availability, comprehensive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT management to optimize network service levels by implementing secure, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and information from any place and at any moment throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants offer a wide array of consulting services that can help companies of any size build a Cisco-based environment that will give your data center a dependable and secure basis for existing applications and future expansion. Professional services include:
- Designing effective firewall security solutions powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Installing and supporting protected VPN connections for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity environments so that single point breakdowns do not interrupt availability of services
- Setting up backup Internet providers with transparent transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide clients along the entire path of interaction with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with ISP carriers to set up their networks, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Designing, installing and assisting customers to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be detected quickly and defeated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Planning, configuring, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with clients, Progent can align expressed needs to the most sensible technology and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such solutions permit transparent and scalable expansion, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can create affordable network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party solutions that present customers a useful real-time view into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 family routers.
To see more information concerning Progent's professional expertise for Cisco products, choose a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about engineering support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.