Data centers are the focal point of utilizing information technology assets to maximize the competitive value of an IT network. For small organizations, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal fashion, creating a situation where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, support demands are excessive, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, security is patchy, seemingly simple changes become giant hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous failure is virtually undoable.
Cisco's latest network appliances and tools enable a new model of data center architecture that permits ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can assist you to select and deploy Cisco's connectivity products to create a solid basis for your data center and to streamline your operations in vital areas including:
- Processor and storage efficiency
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The business advantages that can accrue from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower TCO: permits IT to significantly reduce capital expenses via integration and higher use of formerly isolated network resources, slash operational costs by streamlining and automating administrative tasks, and cut air conditioning and power costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: permits IT management to react quickly to evolving business conditions by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure services from common pools of consolidated processor, storage, and connectivity technologies. This can improve administrative procedures and support policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: enables IT to respond to breakdowns or intrusions by protecting connections, programs, and information through advanced degrees of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT to optimize network service levels by providing secure, fast access to data center-hosted applications and data from anywhere and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's network experts can provide a broad range of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes create a Cisco-powered architecture that will give your data center a dependable and secure basis for current applications and downstream growth. Support services feature:
- Building effective firewall security configurations based on PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Deploying and supporting secure Virtual Private Network connections for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile workers
- Planning, and integrating resilient non-stop switching, routing, and Internet connectivity systems in which single point failures do not interrupt productivity
- Setting up multiple ISPs with transparent transfer using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can guide customers along the entire process of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with Internet Service Providers to set up their systems, and deploying and testing client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server systems
- Planning, installing and helping clients to manage proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated so they don't impact your business
- Designing, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with clients, Progent can match customer needs to the most cost-effective solutions and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Such solutions allow for seamless and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to design practical network management solutions based on SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party products that allow network managers a useful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 family switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 Series routers.
To see more information concerning Progent's professional help for Cisco products, select a topic:
To contact Progent about technical assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.