Data centers are the focal point of leveraging information technology resources to maximize the competitive value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal fashion, resulting in a situation where servers and disks are underutilized, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, maintenance requirements are excessive, expansion or reconfiguring is costly, protection is poor, seemingly simple modifications turn into giant challenges, and complete recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's latest connectivity appliances and technologies support a new generation of data center design that allows continual improvements in processor, storage, network topology, and applications in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's engineers can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's network solutions to create a solid foundation for your data center and to improve your operations in vital areas including:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The business benefits that can accrue from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower TCO: permits IT to significantly lower acquisition expenses via integration and higher use of previously isolated network resources, lower maintenance costs by simplifying and automating management tasks, and cut HVAC and power bills.
- More Business Agility: permits IT management to react quickly to changing competitive conditions by facilitating rapid deployment of application and network functions from common aggregations of consolidated server, storage, and network technologies. This can streamline operational processes and support policy-based control.
- Better Network Robustness: allows IT management to defend against disruptions or attacks by safeguarding infrastructure, applications, and data with advanced levels of availability, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT management to optimize business service levels by providing safe, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and data from anywhere and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a wide range of services that can enable businesses of all sizes design a Cisco-based infrastructure that will give your data center a reliable and protected basis for current applications and future growth. Support services feature:
- Designing efficient firewall protection solutions powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and supporting protected Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing resilient zero-downtime LAN and Internet access systems so that single point breakdowns do not interrupt availability of services
- Setting up multiple ISPs with seamless failover using BGP protocols. Progent can guide clients through the entire process of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with Internet Service Providers to prepare their systems, and deploying and testing client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and protected VLAN architectures to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Designing, installing and helping customers to administer proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and defeated so they don't impact productivity
- Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can match customer needs to the best solutions and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions allow for seamless and convenient expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design affordable network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party solutions that present customers a useful real-time view into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 family switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 family routers.
For more details concerning Progent's professional assistance for Cisco products, choose a subject:
To ask Progent about consulting help for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.