Data centers are the focal point of utilizing IT assets to optimize the competitive value of a computer network. For small organizations, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a situation where servers and disks are underutilized, usable communications capacity is overlooked, teamwork and information sharing is limited, maintenance requirements are excessive, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, security is poor, seemingly minor changes become major challenges, and complete recovery from disastrous failure becomes almost undoable.
Cisco's latest connectivity appliances and technologies enable a new model of data center design that allows ongoing improvements in server, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and application technologies in a maintainable and cost-effective way. Progent's consultants can assist you to identify and deploy Cisco's network technology to create a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in critical areas such as:
- Server and storage utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The important benefits that can be realized as a result of engaging Progent's network experts to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: allows IT to substantially lower capital costs through consolidation and more efficient utilization of previously isolated equipment, lower maintenance expenses through simplifying and automating administrative jobs, and reduce HVAC and power costs.
- More Business Agility: permits IT management to react quickly to evolving business conditions by allowing fast provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from common pools of consolidated processor, storage, and network resources. This helps streamline administrative processes and support policy-based control.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: enables IT management to respond to breakdowns or intrusions by protecting connections, programs, and information through advanced levels of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT management to improve business service levels by implementing safe, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from any location and at any moment throughout the enterprise.
Progent's network consultants offer a broad array of services that can enable companies of all sizes build a Cisco-powered environment that will give your data center a resilient and secure basis for current applications and downstream growth. Consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall security solutions using PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network access for linking data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity architectures in which single point breakdowns do not interrupt productivity
- Setting up backup ISPs with seamless transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can assist clients along the complete process of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with ISP carriers to set up their environments, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Planning, installing and helping customers to administer proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be identified rapidly and remediated before they impact productivity
- Designing, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can map customer needs to the appropriate solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These solutions permit transparent and convenient expansion, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can create efficient network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor solutions that allow network managers a powerful real-time view into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center capable routers and switches such as the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
To see more information concerning Progent's consulting help for Cisco solutions, select a topic:
In order to ask Progent about technical expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.