Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology resources to maximize the strategic value of an IT network. For small organizations, data centers have typically evolved in a haphazard fashion, creating a situation where servers and storage devices are underutilized, available communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, support requirements are excessive, expansion or repurposing is expensive, protection is poor, seemingly simple modifications become giant hassles, and full recovery from disastrous failure is almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent connectivity devices and tools support a new model of data center design that permits ongoing improvements in server, storage, connectivity topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's consultants can help you to select and implement Cisco's network technology to create a solid basis for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas including:
- Processor and storage utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The important benefits that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's network consultants to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: permits IT to substantially reduce acquisition expenses via integration and more efficient utilization of previously isolated equipment, lower maintenance expenses through streamlining and automating management jobs, and cut cooling and power costs.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT to react quickly to evolving business demands by facilitating rapid deployment of application and network services from shared pools of consolidated processor, disk, and network technologies. This helps streamline operational procedures and enable policy-based control.
- Better Business Resilience: allows IT to react to breakdowns or intrusions by safeguarding connections, programs, and information through the highest degrees of availability, comprehensive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT management to improve business service levels by implementing secure, accelerated access to data center-resident applications and information from any place and at any time throughout the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants can provide a wide range of consulting services that can help companies of any size create a Cisco-based environment that will give your data center a reliable and secure basis for current applications and future expansion. Support services feature:
- Designing effective firewall security solutions based on PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Deploying and supporting protected Virtual Private Network access for linking data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile workers
- Designing, and integrating complete non-stop LAN and Internet access architectures so that single component failures do not interrupt operation of the network
- Setting up backup ISPs with seamless failover using BGP protocols. Progent can help clients through the complete process of interaction with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with ISPs to prepare their networks, and deploying and testing customer devices.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN architectures to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Architecting, deploying and assisting customers to administer proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be detected rapidly and defeated so they don't disrupt your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can map expressed requirements to the most cost-effective solutions and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Such designs allow for seamless and convenient expansion, dependability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to plan efficient network management solutions based on SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that offer network managers a useful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center class routers and switches including the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 family routers.
To find out additional information about Progent's engineering help for Cisco products, select a subject:
In order to get in touch with Progent about engineering help for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.