Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology assets to maximize the competitive value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have typically evolved in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a situation where processors and disks are underutilized, available communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, support demands are high, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is patchy, seemingly simple changes turn into major challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic breakdowns is almost undoable.
Cisco's latest network products and tools support a new generation of data center design that allows continual enhancements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and cost-effective way. Progent's engineers can assist you to select and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to create a robust basis for your data center and to improve your operations in vital areas such as:
- Processor and disk utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can be realized from engaging Progent's network experts to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced total cost of ownership: enables IT management to significantly lower capital expenses via integration and more efficient utilization of formerly isolated network resources, slash operational expenses by streamlining and automating management tasks, and reduce air conditioning and energy bills.
- More Business Agility: enables IT management to respond dynamically to changing competitive demands by facilitating fast provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from shared pools of integrated server, disk, and network resources. This helps improve administrative procedures and support policy-based control.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: allows IT management to react to breakdowns or intrusions by guarding infrastructure, applications, and data through advanced levels of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT management to optimize business service levels by implementing secure, fast access to data center-resident applications and information from any location and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's network consultants can provide a wide range of consulting services that can help businesses of any size create a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will offer your data center a stable and secure basis for current applications and downstream expansion. Support services feature:
- Building efficient firewall security configurations powered by PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and supporting secure Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Planning, and implementing complete zero-downtime LAN and Internet access environments so that single component failures do not interrupt delivery of services
- Setting up multiple ISPs with transparent failover based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide clients along the complete chain of interaction with Internet authorities, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with ISPs to prepare their networks, and deploying and checking customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Architecting, deploying and assisting customers to administer proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be detected rapidly and defeated so they don't impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can map customer requirements to the appropriate technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit seamless and convenient growth, dependability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to plan affordable network management solutions using SNMP and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various 3rd party products that offer network managers a useful real-time view into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center class routers and switches such as the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 family switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
To see additional details concerning Progent's consulting help for Cisco solutions, choose a subject:
If you wish to ask Progent about consulting support for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.