Data centers are the key to utilizing IT resources to optimize the competitive value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, creating a situation where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, available communications bandwidth is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is minimal, support demands are high, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is poor, nominally simple modifications turn into giant hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns is almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent networking appliances and technologies enable a new generation of data center design that permits continual improvements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's engineers can help you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to create a solid foundation for your data center and to improve your data center processes in vital areas such as:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The important benefits that can be realized as a result of engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower TCO: enables IT to significantly reduce acquisition expenses via consolidation and higher use of formerly separate network resources, slash operational expenses by simplifying and automating management jobs, and reduce cooling and power costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: enables IT management to react dynamically to evolving competitive conditions by facilitating fast provisioning of application and network functions from common aggregations of consolidated processor, storage, and network technologies. This can improve administrative processes and support policy-driven management.
- Better Network Resilience: enables IT management to respond to disruptions or intrusions by protecting infrastructure, applications, and data through the highest degrees of availability, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to optimize business service levels by providing secure, fast access to data center-hosted applications and data from any location and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants can provide a broad array of services that can help companies of all sizes design a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a reliable and protected foundation for current applications and future growth. Professional services feature:
- Designing efficient firewall security solutions powered by PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and supporting secure Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and integrating resilient zero-downtime LAN and Internet access architectures in which single point failures do not disrupt availability of services
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with seamless failover using BGP protocols. Progent can help customers along the entire path of interaction with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISPs to set up their networks, and deploying and checking client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and helping customers to manage proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated so they don't impact your business
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can align customer requirements to the best technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These designs permit transparent and scalable growth, reliability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to plan affordable network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that present network managers a powerful look into the health of their data center's network
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 routers.
To see more details concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco solutions, select a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about professional assistance for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.