Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT resources to optimize the business value of a computer network. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard fashion, creating a state where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are excessive, scaling or repurposing is expensive, security is poor, nominally simple modifications turn into major challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's latest connectivity products and tools support a new model of data center architecture that allows continual enhancements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and cost-effective way. Progent's consultants can assist you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity products to create a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Processor and storage utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The business benefits that can accrue from engaging Progent's network consultants to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Assistance for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower TCO: allows IT to significantly cut capital expenses via integration and higher utilization of previously isolated equipment, slash maintenance expenses by streamlining and automating administrative tasks, and cut air conditioning and energy bills.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT management to respond quickly to evolving business demands by facilitating fast deployment of application and network functions from shared pools of integrated server, disk, and network technologies. This helps streamline operational processes and enable policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: allows IT to respond to breakdowns or attacks by guarding infrastructure, programs, and information through advanced degrees of availability, comprehensive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT to optimize network service levels by implementing secure, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from any place and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's network experts can provide a broad array of consulting services that can enable organizations of any size build a Cisco-based architecture that will give your data center a reliable and protected foundation for current applications and future growth. Support services include:
- Building effective firewall protection configurations based on PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and supporting protected VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity systems so that single point failures do not interrupt availability of services
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with transparent transfer using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can guide customers along the complete path of interaction with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISPs to set up their environments, and configuring and checking client equipment.
- Building segmented and protected VLAN architectures to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Designing, deploying and assisting clients to administer proactive IPS systems so that attacks can be identified quickly and defeated before they disrupt your business
- Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Consulting with clients, Progent can align customer requirements to the best technology and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit transparent and scalable expansion, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to create practical network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various 3rd party solutions that present network managers a powerful real-time view into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center class infrastructure appliances including the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 routers.
To find out more information about Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco products, select a subject:
To contact Progent about consulting help for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.