Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT resources to optimize the competitive value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a piecemeal manner, creating a situation where processors and storage devices are underutilized, usable communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is limited, support requirements are high, expansion or repurposing is costly, security is patchy, nominally simple changes become major challenges, and full recovery from disastrous failure is almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent connectivity devices and tools support a new generation of data center architecture that allows ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and application technologies in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to identify and implement Cisco's network products to build a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in vital areas including:
- Server and disk utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The important advantages that can be realized as a result of engaging Progent's network experts to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: allows IT to substantially cut acquisition costs via integration and more efficient utilization of previously separate network resources, lower operational costs by simplifying and automating management tasks, and cut cooling and energy costs.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT to react dynamically to evolving business demands by facilitating fast deployment of application and infrastructure services from shared pools of consolidated server, storage, and network resources. This helps improve operational processes and enable policy-based management.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: enables IT management to defend against disruptions or intrusions by protecting connections, applications, and data with advanced levels of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT management to improve business service levels by implementing safe, fast access to data center-resident applications and information from any place and at any time across the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants can provide a wide array of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes build a Cisco-based infrastructure that will give your data center a resilient and protected basis for current applications and future growth. Consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access environments so that single point failures do not interrupt productivity
- Configuring multiple ISPs with seamless transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can guide customers through the entire chain of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with ISPs to set up their environments, and configuring and checking customer equipment.
- Building segmented and protected virtual LAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server systems
- Architecting, deploying and helping clients to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be identified rapidly and defeated so they don't impact productivity
- Planning, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can match customer requirements to the best solutions and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. These solutions permit transparent and convenient growth, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design efficient network management strategies using SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various outside vendor products that present customers a powerful real-time view into the health of their data center's network
- Configuring and troubleshooting advanced data center class infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 family switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
To learn more information about Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco products, pick a subject:
In order to contact Progent about technical support for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.