Data centers are the focal point of leveraging information technology assets to maximize the business value of a computer network. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, creating a situation where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications bandwidth is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, support demands are high, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, security is poor, nominally simple modifications become giant hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns is virtually impossible.
Cisco's most recent networking products and technologies support a new generation of data center design that allows ongoing improvements in server, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's engineers can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity products to create a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your operations in critical areas such as:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The key benefits that can be realized from engaging Progent's network experts to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower costs: allows IT to significantly reduce acquisition costs via consolidation and more efficient utilization of formerly separate network resources, lower maintenance costs by simplifying and automating management tasks, and reduce HVAC and energy costs.
- More Business Agility: permits IT to respond dynamically to evolving competitive conditions by allowing fast provisioning of application and network services from common pools of consolidated server, storage, and network resources. This can streamline administrative processes and support policy-driven control.
- Better Business Resilience: enables IT management to respond to breakdowns or intrusions by protecting connections, programs, and data through advanced levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: allows IT to improve network service levels by providing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and information from anywhere and at any time throughout the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a wide array of services that can enable organizations of all sizes implement a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will give your data center a dependable and secure foundation for current applications and future expansion. Progent's consulting services include:
- Designing efficient firewall security configurations powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Installing and supporting secure VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and integrating resilient zero-downtime LAN and Internet access environments in which single point breakdowns do not disrupt availability of services
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with seamless failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can assist customers through the entire path of paperwork with Internet authorities, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with Internet Service Providers to prepare their environments, and configuring and checking customer devices.
- Building segmented and protected VLAN environments to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Designing, installing and assisting clients to administer 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be identified quickly and defeated before they impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can map customer needs to the most sensible technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These solutions permit seamless and scalable growth, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design affordable network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various outside vendor solutions that present network managers a powerful real-time view into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center class infrastructure appliances including the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
To find out additional information about Progent's engineering support for Cisco networking products, select a topic:
To contact Progent about professional support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.