Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology assets to optimize the strategic value of an IT network. For small organizations, data centers have typically evolved in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a situation where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are high, scaling or repurposing is expensive, security is patchy, seemingly simple modifications turn into giant hassles, and full recovery from catastrophic failure is almost impossible.
Cisco's latest network devices and technologies enable a new generation of data center architecture that allows continual improvements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's engineers can assist you to identify and deploy Cisco's network solutions to build a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your operations in vital areas such as:
- Server and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The important advantages that can be realized from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: allows IT management to substantially cut capital expenses through consolidation and higher use of formerly isolated network resources, lower maintenance costs through simplifying and automating management jobs, and reduce HVAC and power bills.
- More Business Agility: enables IT management to respond dynamically to changing competitive demands by allowing rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure services from shared pools of consolidated server, storage, and network technologies. This helps improve operational processes and enable policy-driven management.
- Better Business Robustness: allows IT to respond to breakdowns or attacks by guarding infrastructure, programs, and data with advanced levels of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT to improve network service levels by providing safe, fast access to data center-hosted applications and data from any place and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's network consultants offer a broad array of consulting services that can help businesses of all sizes implement a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a reliable and protected basis for current applications and future growth. Support services include:
- Building efficient firewall security configurations powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and supporting protected VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing resilient zero-downtime LAN and Internet connectivity systems so that single component breakdowns do not disrupt productivity
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with transparent failover based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can assist clients through the entire process of interaction with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their networks, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN environments to support VMware virtual server systems
- Architecting, deploying and assisting clients to administer proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated before they impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can align customer needs to the most sensible solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These designs allow for transparent and scalable expansion, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design efficient network management strategies using SNMP and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor products that present customers a useful look into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 routers.
To find out additional details concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco solutions, choose a topic:
If you wish to contact Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.