Data centers are the focal point of utilizing information technology resources to optimize the business value of a computer network. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a state where processors and disks are underutilized, available communications capacity is overlooked, teamwork and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance requirements are high, scaling or reconfiguring is costly, protection is poor, nominally simple changes turn into giant hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous failure becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's latest network appliances and tools enable a new model of data center architecture that permits ongoing improvements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and application technologies in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to create a robust basis for your data center and to improve your data center operations in critical areas such as:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The business advantages that can be realized as a result of using Progent's network consultants to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower costs: enables IT to significantly lower capital expenses via integration and more efficient utilization of formerly separate network resources, slash operational costs by simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and reduce HVAC and energy bills.
- More Business Agility: permits IT management to respond dynamically to changing competitive demands by facilitating rapid deployment of application and network functions from common aggregations of consolidated server, storage, and network technologies. This helps streamline administrative procedures and enable policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: allows IT to react to breakdowns or intrusions by safeguarding infrastructure, programs, and data with advanced levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to optimize business service levels by implementing safe, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and information from anywhere and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco experts can provide a wide array of services that can help businesses of any size implement a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a reliable and secure basis for current applications and downstream growth. Consulting services feature:
- Building efficient firewall protection configurations based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and troubleshooting secure Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and integrating resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity environments in which single point failures do not disrupt availability of services
- Configuring backup Internet providers with transparent failover using BGP protocols. Progent can assist clients through the entire path of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISPs to set up their networks, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN architectures to compliment VMware virtual server deployments
- Designing, deploying and helping customers to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that attacks can be identified rapidly and defeated so they don't impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can align expressed needs to the appropriate solutions and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. These designs permit transparent and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can plan effective network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that allow network managers a useful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center capable routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 routers.
To find out additional information about Progent's professional assistance for Cisco solutions, select a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about professional support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.