Data centers are the focal point of utilizing information technology assets to optimize the strategic value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, creating a state where processors and storage devices are underutilized, usable communications capacity is overlooked, teamwork and information sharing is limited, support demands are excessive, scaling or repurposing is expensive, security is poor, seemingly minor changes turn into giant challenges, and full recovery from catastrophic breakdowns is virtually undoable.
Cisco's most recent networking products and technologies support a new generation of data center architecture that allows ongoing improvements in processor, storage, network topology, and applications in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to create a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your data center operations in critical areas such as:
- Server and disk utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The key benefits that can be realized from engaging Progent's network consultants to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Assistance for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced total cost of ownership: enables IT management to substantially cut capital expenses through consolidation and higher use of formerly separate equipment, slash maintenance expenses by streamlining and automating management tasks, and cut air conditioning and power bills.
- More Business Agility: enables IT to respond quickly to changing competitive conditions by allowing rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from common pools of consolidated server, storage, and network resources. This helps streamline administrative procedures and enable policy-based management.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: allows IT management to react to disruptions or attacks by safeguarding connections, applications, and data with the highest degrees of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT to optimize business service levels by providing secure, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and information from any location and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's network consultants can provide a broad range of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes create a Cisco-based architecture that will give your data center a dependable and secure basis for current applications and future expansion. Support services include:
- Designing effective firewall security configurations using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and troubleshooting secure VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile workers
- Planning, and implementing resilient fault tolerant LAN and Internet connectivity architectures so that single point breakdowns do not interrupt delivery of services
- Configuring backup Internet providers with transparent failover using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can assist customers along the complete process of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, dealing with Internet Service Providers to prepare their networks, and configuring and testing customer devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to support VMware virtual server systems
- Designing, deploying and assisting clients to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be identified quickly and remediated before they disrupt your business
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can align expressed requirements to the best technology and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit transparent and convenient expansion, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design efficient network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor products that offer customers a powerful look into the health of their data center's network
- Configuring and troubleshooting advanced data center class routers and switches such as the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
For additional information about Progent's consulting help for Cisco technology, pick a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about consulting assistance for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.