Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology resources to maximize the business value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have typically evolved in a piecemeal fashion, creating a situation where servers and storage devices are underutilized, available communications bandwidth is overlooked, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, maintenance requirements are excessive, expansion or repurposing is expensive, security is patchy, nominally simple modifications become giant hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous breakdowns is almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity devices and tools enable a new model of data center architecture that permits ongoing improvements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and economical way. Progent's engineers can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to create a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas including:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The important advantages that can accrue from using Progent's network consultants to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced costs: permits IT to substantially reduce acquisition costs via consolidation and more efficient utilization of formerly separate equipment, slash operational expenses through simplifying and automating management jobs, and reduce air conditioning and power bills.
- More Business Agility: permits IT to respond dynamically to evolving competitive conditions by allowing rapid deployment of application and network functions from common aggregations of consolidated server, disk, and network technologies. This helps improve operational procedures and support policy-driven management.
- Better Business Robustness: allows IT management to react to breakdowns or intrusions by safeguarding infrastructure, applications, and data with advanced degrees of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: allows IT management to improve business service levels by providing safe, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from any place and at any moment throughout the organization.
Progent's network experts offer a wide array of consulting services that can help companies of any size create a Cisco-based infrastructure that will give your data center a stable and protected basis for current applications and downstream expansion. Progent's consulting services include:
- Designing effective firewall protection solutions using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Installing and troubleshooting protected VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing resilient non-stop LAN and Internet access architectures in which single point failures do not disrupt availability of services
- Configuring multiple ISPs with transparent transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can assist clients through the entire process of interaction with Internet supervisors, having ASN numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with Internet Service Providers to set up their systems, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Planning, deploying and assisting customers to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be identified rapidly and remediated so they don't impact productivity
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can map customer requirements to the most cost-effective technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These designs allow for seamless and convenient growth, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to create affordable network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that present network managers a useful look into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and troubleshooting high-end data center class routers and switches such as the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 Series routers.
To learn more details about Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco technology, select a subject:
In order to ask Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.