Data centers are the key to leveraging IT assets to optimize the business value of a computer network. For small businesses, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a state where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, support demands are excessive, expansion or repurposing is costly, security is patchy, nominally simple modifications turn into giant challenges, and full recovery from disastrous failure is virtually impossible.
Cisco's latest connectivity appliances and tools support a new model of data center architecture that permits continual enhancements in server, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's consultants can assist you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity technology to build a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas including:
- Processor and storage efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The key advantages that can be realized from using Progent's Cisco-certified experts to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: permits IT to significantly cut acquisition expenses through integration and higher use of formerly isolated equipment, slash operational expenses by simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and cut cooling and power costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: permits IT management to react dynamically to changing business demands by facilitating fast deployment of application and infrastructure functions from common aggregations of consolidated server, disk, and connectivity technologies. This helps improve operational procedures and enable policy-based control.
- Better Network Robustness: allows IT management to respond to breakdowns or attacks by safeguarding connections, programs, and data through advanced levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to optimize network service levels by implementing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-hosted applications and information from anywhere and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants offer a wide range of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes design a Cisco-powered environment that will give your data center a resilient and secure basis for current applications and future growth. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall security configurations based on PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Deploying and supporting protected Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile workers
- Planning, and implementing complete zero-downtime switching, routing, and Internet connectivity architectures in which single point breakdowns do not disrupt operation of the network
- Configuring backup Internet providers with seamless failover based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide clients through the entire chain of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with Internet Service Providers to prepare their environments, and deploying and checking client equipment.
- Building segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and assisting customers to manage proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be detected quickly and remediated so they don't impact productivity
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can align expressed needs to the most cost-effective technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Such solutions permit seamless and convenient growth, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent can create affordable network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party solutions that present customers a powerful look into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center capable routers and switches such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 family routers.
For more details concerning Progent's engineering support for Cisco technology, select a subject:
In order to contact Progent about professional help for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.