Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology assets to maximize the strategic value of a computer network. For small companies, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal fashion, creating a state where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, support demands are high, expansion or repurposing is expensive, protection is patchy, nominally simple modifications become major hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns is almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent connectivity products and technologies enable a new model of data center architecture that permits continual enhancements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to identify and deploy Cisco's network products to create a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your operations in vital areas such as:
- Processor and storage efficiency
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The key advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's network consultants to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced total cost of ownership: enables IT to substantially lower acquisition expenses via consolidation and more efficient utilization of formerly isolated equipment, slash operational expenses by simplifying and automating management jobs, and reduce air conditioning and power costs.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT to respond dynamically to evolving business demands by facilitating fast deployment of application and infrastructure functions from common aggregations of integrated server, storage, and network technologies. This helps streamline administrative procedures and support policy-based control.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: enables IT management to respond to breakdowns or intrusions by guarding infrastructure, programs, and information with advanced degrees of fault tolerance, pervasive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT management to improve network service levels by providing secure, accelerated access to data center-resident applications and information from any place and at any time across the organization.
Progent's network consultants can provide a broad array of consulting services that can enable businesses of all sizes implement a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will give your data center a stable and secure foundation for existing applications and downstream growth. Support services include:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Installing and troubleshooting secure VPN connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating complete fault tolerant LAN and Internet access architectures so that single point failures do not interrupt availability of services
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with transparent failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can assist clients through the entire path of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with Internet Service Providers to set up their environments, and configuring and testing client devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected VLAN architectures to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Architecting, installing and helping clients to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified quickly and remediated before they disrupt productivity
- Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can map expressed needs to the appropriate solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs permit seamless and scalable expansion, reliability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to plan effective network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various outside vendor solutions that present customers a powerful look into the activity of their data center's network
- Setting up and supporting high-end data center class routers and switches such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 Series routers.
To find out more details about Progent's engineering help for Cisco solutions, choose a subject:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about technical help for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.