Data centers are the key to leveraging IT resources to maximize the competitive value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a situation where servers and storage devices are underutilized, available communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, support requirements are high, expansion or repurposing is costly, security is patchy, nominally simple changes turn into giant hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous breakdowns is almost undoable.
Cisco's latest network appliances and tools support a new model of data center architecture that allows continual enhancements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's consultants can assist you to select and deploy Cisco's network technology to build a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your operations in vital areas such as:
- Server and storage utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can accrue as a result of using Progent's network consultants to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Assistance for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced costs: permits IT to substantially reduce acquisition expenses via consolidation and higher use of previously separate network resources, slash operational expenses through streamlining and automating management tasks, and reduce HVAC and power bills.
- More Business Agility: enables IT to react quickly to evolving business demands by facilitating fast provisioning of application and network functions from shared pools of consolidated processor, storage, and network technologies. This helps streamline operational procedures and enable policy-driven control.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: enables IT management to respond to breakdowns or attacks by safeguarding connections, programs, and data through advanced levels of availability, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT management to improve business service levels by implementing safe, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and data from anywhere and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's network experts can provide a wide array of consulting services that can help businesses of all sizes design a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a reliable and protected basis for current applications and downstream growth. Support services feature:
- Designing effective firewall security solutions based on PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and troubleshooting secure Virtual Private Network connections for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and integrating resilient zero-downtime LAN and Internet access environments so that single component failures do not interrupt delivery of services
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with transparent failover using BGP protocols. Progent can guide customers along the entire path of interaction with Internet authorities, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with Internet Service Providers to prepare their environments, and configuring and testing client devices.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server systems
- Architecting, installing and helping customers to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that attacks can be identified rapidly and remediated so they don't disrupt your business
- Designing, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with clients, Progent can align customer needs to the most sensible solutions and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Such solutions allow for transparent and convenient expansion, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to plan efficient network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various outside vendor products that allow network managers a useful look into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
To learn additional details concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco solutions, choose a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about engineering support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.