Data centers are the focal point of leveraging information technology assets to optimize the business value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have often grown in a haphazard fashion, creating a state where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, available communications bandwidth is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is limited, support demands are high, expansion or repurposing is expensive, security is poor, seemingly simple changes become giant challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure is almost impossible.
Cisco's latest networking devices and technologies support a new model of data center design that allows continual improvements in server, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's engineers can help you to select and deploy Cisco's connectivity technology to create a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in vital areas such as:
- Server and storage efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The important benefits that can accrue from using Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower TCO: allows IT to substantially cut acquisition expenses through integration and more efficient use of formerly separate network resources, lower operational costs through streamlining and automating administrative tasks, and cut air conditioning and energy bills.
- More Business Agility: enables IT to respond dynamically to changing competitive conditions by allowing fast deployment of application and infrastructure services from common pools of integrated processor, storage, and connectivity technologies. This helps improve administrative processes and enable policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: enables IT to react to breakdowns or intrusions by safeguarding infrastructure, programs, and data with the highest degrees of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to improve business service levels by implementing secure, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from any place and at any time throughout the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts can provide a broad array of consulting services that can enable businesses of all sizes design a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a dependable and secure foundation for current applications and downstream growth. Professional services include:
- Building efficient firewall protection solutions based on PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and supporting protected VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access environments in which single point failures do not disrupt productivity
- Setting up multiple ISPs with seamless transfer using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide customers through the entire chain of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with Internet Service Providers to set up their systems, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure VLAN architectures to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Architecting, installing and helping clients to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be detected quickly and defeated so they don't disrupt your business
- Designing, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can map expressed requirements to the most sensible solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These solutions allow for seamless and scalable growth, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to plan practical network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various 3rd party products that present network managers a powerful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and troubleshooting advanced data center capable routers and switches including the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 family switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 routers.
To find out additional details about Progent's engineering support for Cisco products, choose a topic:
In order to ask Progent about professional assistance for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.