Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT assets to maximize the business value of a computer network. For small organizations, data centers have typically evolved in a haphazard fashion, creating a situation where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is minimal, support demands are high, expansion or repurposing is expensive, protection is patchy, nominally simple modifications turn into major challenges, and full recovery from catastrophic failure becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's latest connectivity products and technologies support a new generation of data center architecture that permits continual enhancements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and economical way. Progent's engineers can assist you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity technology to build a solid basis for your data center and to improve your data center processes in vital areas such as:
- Processor and disk utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The key advantages that can be realized from using Progent's network consultants to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Assistance for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced costs: enables IT management to significantly lower acquisition expenses through consolidation and more efficient use of previously separate network resources, slash maintenance costs through simplifying and automating management jobs, and cut air conditioning and power bills.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT management to respond dynamically to changing competitive conditions by allowing fast deployment of application and infrastructure services from shared aggregations of consolidated server, disk, and network technologies. This helps improve administrative procedures and support policy-driven management.
- Better Network Robustness: enables IT management to defend against breakdowns or attacks by guarding infrastructure, applications, and information through advanced degrees of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT management to improve business service levels by providing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-hosted applications and information from anywhere and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco experts can provide a broad range of consulting services that can help businesses of all sizes create a Cisco-powered environment that will give your data center a stable and secure foundation for current applications and downstream expansion. Support services include:
- Designing efficient firewall protection configurations powered by PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Installing and troubleshooting secure VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete non-stop LAN and Internet access architectures in which single component breakdowns do not interrupt productivity
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with seamless transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can assist clients along the entire chain of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allotted, dealing with ISP carriers to set up their networks, and configuring and checking customer devices.
- Implementing segmented and secure VLAN environments to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Designing, deploying and helping customers to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated so they don't disrupt your business
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can map customer requirements to the most cost-effective technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These solutions permit transparent and convenient expansion, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent can design effective network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party solutions that present network managers a powerful look into the operation of their data center's network
- Configuring and troubleshooting advanced data center class routers and switches such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 routers.
To see additional information about Progent's professional help for Cisco products, select a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about professional expertise for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.