Data centers are the key to utilizing IT assets to optimize the strategic value of a computer network. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, resulting in a situation where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is limited, support demands are high, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, security is patchy, nominally minor changes turn into major challenges, and full recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's latest networking appliances and tools support a new model of data center architecture that permits ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and economical way. Progent's consultants can assist you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity products to create a solid basis for your data center and to improve your data center processes in vital areas including:
- Server and storage utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can accrue from engaging Progent's network consultants to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: allows IT to significantly reduce capital expenses through integration and higher use of previously separate network resources, slash maintenance costs by streamlining and automating administrative jobs, and cut air conditioning and energy costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: enables IT management to respond quickly to changing business demands by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from common aggregations of consolidated server, disk, and network technologies. This helps improve operational processes and enable policy-driven control.
- Better Network Robustness: allows IT to defend against breakdowns or intrusions by guarding connections, applications, and data through the highest degrees of fault tolerance, pervasive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT management to optimize network service levels by implementing safe, fast connectivity to data center-resident applications and information from any location and at any time throughout the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants can provide a broad range of services that can help businesses of all sizes implement a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will offer your data center a stable and secure basis for current applications and future expansion. Professional services include:
- Building efficient firewall security solutions powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and troubleshooting secure VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity architectures so that single point failures do not interrupt productivity
- Configuring backup ISPs with transparent transfer using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can assist clients through the entire path of interaction with Internet authorities, having ASN numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with Internet Service Providers to prepare their systems, and deploying and checking client devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to compliment VMware virtual server systems
- Planning, installing and assisting customers to manage proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be detected quickly and remediated before they disrupt productivity
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can match expressed needs to the appropriate solutions and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. These solutions permit transparent and convenient growth, dependability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to create efficient network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various 3rd party products that allow network managers a powerful real-time view into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 family routers.
To learn more information about Progent's engineering support for Cisco technology, choose a subject:
In order to ask Progent about technical expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.