Data centers are the key to utilizing IT resources to optimize the competitive value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have typically evolved in a haphazard manner, resulting in a state where servers and storage devices are underutilized, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is limited, support requirements are excessive, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is patchy, seemingly minor modifications turn into major hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's latest networking appliances and tools enable a new model of data center architecture that allows ongoing improvements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's consultants can assist you to select and deploy Cisco's network solutions to create a solid basis for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas such as:
- Server and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The key benefits that can accrue as a result of using Progent's network experts to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: permits IT to significantly cut acquisition expenses through integration and higher utilization of formerly isolated network resources, slash operational costs by streamlining and automating administrative jobs, and reduce air conditioning and power bills.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT management to respond quickly to changing business demands by allowing fast provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from common pools of integrated server, storage, and connectivity resources. This can improve administrative processes and enable policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Network Resilience: allows IT management to defend against breakdowns or intrusions by guarding infrastructure, applications, and data through advanced levels of availability, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT management to improve network service levels by implementing secure, fast access to data center-resident applications and information from anywhere and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a broad range of services that can help businesses of all sizes implement a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a stable and secure basis for current applications and future expansion. Progent's consulting services include:
- Building effective firewall protection configurations based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and troubleshooting secure VPN connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing complete non-stop switching, routing, and Internet connectivity systems in which single component failures do not interrupt delivery of services
- Configuring multiple ISPs with transparent failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can help clients along the entire process of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with ISP carriers to set up their networks, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Implementing segmented and secure VLAN architectures to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Designing, deploying and helping customers to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be identified quickly and remediated before they disrupt productivity
- Planning, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can map customer needs to the appropriate solutions and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such designs permit transparent and convenient expansion, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can plan efficient network management strategies using SNMP and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party solutions that offer network managers a useful look into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center class routers and switches such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 routers.
For additional details concerning Progent's professional expertise for Cisco technology, choose a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about engineering support for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.