Data centers are the focal point of leveraging information technology resources to optimize the business value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have typically grown in a haphazard manner, creating a situation where processors and disks are underutilized, usable communications capacity is overlooked, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, support requirements are high, expansion or repurposing is expensive, security is poor, seemingly minor changes become major challenges, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent networking appliances and tools enable a new generation of data center design that permits continual improvements in server, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's consultants can help you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a solid basis for your data center and to improve your operations in critical areas such as:
- Server and disk utilization
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The key advantages that can be realized from engaging Progent's network consultants to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Assistance for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: allows IT management to substantially cut capital expenses via consolidation and higher use of previously isolated network resources, lower maintenance costs by streamlining and automating management tasks, and cut air conditioning and power bills.
- Greater Business Flexibility: permits IT management to react dynamically to evolving business demands by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and network functions from common aggregations of consolidated processor, storage, and network technologies. This can improve operational processes and support policy-based management.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: allows IT to respond to breakdowns or attacks by safeguarding connections, applications, and information with advanced degrees of availability, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT management to improve network service levels by providing secure, fast access to data center-hosted applications and information from any place and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's network consultants can provide a broad range of consulting services that can help companies of any size build a Cisco-based infrastructure that will give your data center a stable and protected basis for existing applications and downstream expansion. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Designing efficient firewall protection solutions powered by PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected VPN connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete zero-downtime LAN and Internet connectivity environments so that single point failures do not interrupt productivity
- Setting up backup ISPs with seamless failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide customers along the complete process of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their systems, and deploying and testing customer devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, installing and helping clients to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be detected quickly and defeated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can match expressed requirements to the most sensible solutions and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Such designs allow for seamless and scalable growth, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to create effective network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor solutions that present customers a useful real-time view into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center class infrastructure appliances including the Cisco Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
To learn additional information concerning Progent's engineering support for Cisco technology, pick a subject:
In order to contact Progent about technical support for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.