Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology resources to optimize the competitive value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal fashion, creating a state where processors and storage devices are underutilized, available communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, support requirements are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is costly, protection is patchy, nominally minor changes turn into major challenges, and full recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's latest networking products and technologies enable a new model of data center design that allows continual enhancements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and economical way. Progent's engineers can help you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity products to build a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your data center processes in critical areas including:
- Server and disk utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The important benefits that can be realized from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: allows IT to significantly lower capital costs through integration and more efficient use of formerly separate equipment, lower operational expenses through streamlining and automating management jobs, and cut HVAC and energy bills.
- Greater Business Flexibility: permits IT management to respond quickly to changing competitive conditions by allowing rapid deployment of application and infrastructure services from common aggregations of consolidated server, disk, and network resources. This helps improve administrative processes and support policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: allows IT to defend against disruptions or intrusions by protecting infrastructure, applications, and data through advanced levels of availability, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT to improve network service levels by implementing secure, fast access to data center-resident applications and information from any location and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's network consultants can provide a wide range of services that can help businesses of any size design a Cisco-powered architecture that will offer your data center a stable and secure basis for current applications and future growth. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection configurations using PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and troubleshooting secure Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing resilient non-stop LAN and Internet access architectures so that single component breakdowns do not interrupt operation of the network
- Setting up multiple ISPs with transparent failover based on BGP protocols. Progent can help customers through the complete process of paperwork with Internet authorities, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with Internet Service Providers to set up their systems, and configuring and testing customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server systems
- Designing, deploying and helping clients to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified rapidly and defeated before they impact productivity
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can align customer requirements to the most sensible solutions and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These designs allow for seamless and convenient expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design affordable network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor solutions that present customers a powerful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center class infrastructure appliances such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 family routers.
To find out additional details concerning Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco solutions, select a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.