Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology resources to maximize the strategic value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal fashion, creating a state where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is limited, support requirements are high, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is poor, nominally minor changes turn into giant challenges, and complete recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's latest networking appliances and technologies enable a new model of data center architecture that allows continual improvements in server, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's engineers can help you to select and implement Cisco's network technology to create a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas such as:
- Server and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The key benefits that can accrue from using Progent's network experts to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: allows IT to substantially reduce capital costs via consolidation and higher utilization of formerly separate equipment, slash operational expenses by streamlining and automating administrative jobs, and cut cooling and power bills.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT to respond dynamically to changing business demands by allowing rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure services from common pools of integrated processor, storage, and network technologies. This helps streamline operational processes and enable policy-based management.
- Enhanced Network Resilience: enables IT to react to disruptions or attacks by guarding infrastructure, applications, and information through the highest levels of availability, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT to optimize business service levels by providing safe, fast access to data center-resident applications and data from any location and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants can provide a wide range of consulting services that can enable companies of all sizes implement a Cisco-based environment that will offer your data center a dependable and secure foundation for current applications and future expansion. Consulting services include:
- Designing effective firewall security solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Installing and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity environments in which single component failures do not disrupt productivity
- Setting up backup ISPs with seamless failover using BGP protocols. Progent can help clients through the entire chain of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with ISP carriers to prepare their environments, and deploying and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure VLAN environments to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Architecting, installing and helping customers to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated before they impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can match expressed needs to the most sensible solutions and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Such solutions allow for transparent and convenient growth, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent can plan practical network management solutions using SNMP and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party solutions that offer network managers a powerful look into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center class routers and switches including the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 Series routers.
For additional information about Progent's engineering help for Cisco technology, select a topic:
To ask Progent about professional help for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.