Data centers are the focal point of utilizing information technology assets to maximize the competitive value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, creating a state where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, support demands are high, scaling or repurposing is costly, protection is poor, seemingly minor modifications become major hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's latest network devices and technologies support a new model of data center design that permits continual enhancements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and application technologies in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's engineers can assist you to select and implement Cisco's network solutions to create a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas including:
- Processor and storage utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The business benefits that can be realized from using Progent's network experts to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: permits IT management to significantly cut acquisition expenses through consolidation and higher utilization of previously separate equipment, lower operational costs by streamlining and automating management tasks, and reduce air conditioning and energy bills.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT management to respond quickly to changing business conditions by allowing rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure services from shared pools of integrated server, storage, and connectivity technologies. This can streamline operational procedures and enable policy-based management.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: enables IT to respond to disruptions or intrusions by safeguarding connections, applications, and information with the highest levels of fault tolerance, pervasive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to optimize network service levels by providing secure, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from any place and at any time across the organization.
Progent's network experts can provide a broad range of consulting services that can help companies of any size implement a Cisco-powered architecture that will give your data center a dependable and protected basis for current applications and future growth. Progent's consulting services include:
- Designing effective firewall protection solutions powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and supporting protected Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing resilient non-stop LAN and Internet access environments so that single point breakdowns do not interrupt operation of the network
- Configuring backup Internet providers with transparent failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can help clients along the complete path of interaction with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with ISPs to prepare their networks, and configuring and checking customer equipment.
- Building segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Architecting, installing and helping clients to administer proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated before they disrupt productivity
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can map expressed needs to the best solutions and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These solutions allow for seamless and convenient expansion, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to plan efficient network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor solutions that allow customers a useful look into the activity of their data center's network
- Configuring and troubleshooting advanced data center class routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 Series routers.
To find out more details about Progent's engineering help for Cisco technology, select a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about engineering help for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.