Data centers are the focal point of utilizing IT resources to maximize the strategic value of an IT network. For small organizations, data centers have typically evolved in a piecemeal fashion, creating a state where processors and disks are underutilized, usable communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, support demands are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is costly, security is patchy, nominally minor modifications turn into major hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes almost undoable.
Cisco's latest connectivity appliances and technologies enable a new model of data center architecture that allows ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's engineers can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's network solutions to create a solid basis for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in critical areas such as:
- Processor and disk utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The important advantages that can be realized as a result of using Progent's Cisco-certified experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced costs: permits IT to significantly reduce acquisition expenses through integration and more efficient use of formerly separate equipment, slash maintenance costs through simplifying and automating management jobs, and reduce cooling and power bills.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT management to react dynamically to changing business demands by allowing rapid provisioning of application and network services from common aggregations of integrated server, disk, and network technologies. This can improve operational procedures and enable policy-based control.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: allows IT management to respond to disruptions or attacks by protecting infrastructure, applications, and data through the highest degrees of availability, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: allows IT to improve network service levels by providing secure, accelerated access to data center-resident applications and information from any location and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's network experts offer a broad range of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes implement a Cisco-powered environment that will give your data center a dependable and protected basis for existing applications and future expansion. Professional services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions using PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and troubleshooting secure VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and integrating complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access environments in which single point breakdowns do not disrupt availability of services
- Setting up multiple ISPs with transparent transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can help customers along the entire path of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with ISPs to set up their systems, and deploying and testing client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, installing and helping customers to administer proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be detected quickly and remediated before they disrupt your business
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can map customer needs to the appropriate technology and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such solutions permit transparent and scalable expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design affordable network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that allow network managers a powerful look into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 routers.
To learn more details concerning Progent's professional assistance for Cisco solutions, choose a topic:
To ask Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.