Data centers are the key to utilizing IT resources to maximize the business value of an information system. For small organizations, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal manner, creating a state where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, maintenance requirements are excessive, scaling or repurposing is expensive, security is poor, seemingly minor changes turn into giant hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity products and tools enable a new model of data center design that allows continual improvements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to select and deploy Cisco's network technology to build a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas such as:
- Server and disk utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The business benefits that can accrue as a result of using Progent's network consultants to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: permits IT to substantially cut acquisition expenses via integration and higher use of previously isolated equipment, slash operational costs through simplifying and automating management tasks, and reduce air conditioning and energy costs.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT management to react quickly to evolving business demands by allowing fast provisioning of application and network functions from shared pools of consolidated server, storage, and connectivity technologies. This can streamline administrative processes and enable policy-based management.
- Better Business Robustness: allows IT management to react to disruptions or attacks by protecting connections, applications, and information through advanced degrees of availability, pervasive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT to improve network service levels by implementing safe, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from any location and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's network experts can provide a broad range of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes build a Cisco-powered environment that will give your data center a dependable and protected basis for current applications and future growth. Support services include:
- Building efficient firewall security configurations powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and troubleshooting secure Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing complete non-stop switching, routing, and Internet access environments so that single component failures do not disrupt delivery of services
- Configuring multiple ISPs with seamless failover based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can help customers along the complete chain of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISPs to prepare their systems, and configuring and testing client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Architecting, installing and helping customers to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be detected quickly and remediated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with clients, Progent can match customer requirements to the most sensible solutions and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. These designs permit seamless and scalable expansion, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to design practical network management solutions using SNMP and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various outside vendor products that offer customers a useful real-time view into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center capable routers and switches such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 Series routers.
For additional details concerning Progent's engineering support for Cisco networking products, choose a topic:
If you wish to contact Progent about technical assistance for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.