Data centers are the focal point of utilizing IT resources to optimize the strategic value of a computer network. For small organizations, data centers have often grown in a haphazard fashion, creating a situation where processors and disks are underutilized, available communications bandwidth is overlooked, teamwork and knowledge sharing is limited, support requirements are high, scaling or repurposing is costly, security is poor, nominally simple changes become major challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure is almost impossible.
Cisco's latest network devices and technologies support a new model of data center architecture that allows ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and applications in a manageable and economical way. Progent's engineers can assist you to identify and deploy Cisco's network products to build a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas including:
- Server and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can accrue from using Progent's network experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower costs: permits IT to significantly cut capital expenses via consolidation and higher use of formerly isolated equipment, slash operational costs by streamlining and automating administrative tasks, and reduce cooling and power costs.
- Greater Business Agility: enables IT management to react quickly to evolving competitive conditions by allowing fast deployment of application and infrastructure services from common pools of consolidated processor, storage, and network technologies. This helps streamline operational procedures and support policy-driven control.
- Better Business Robustness: allows IT management to defend against disruptions or attacks by guarding connections, programs, and information with the highest levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT management to optimize business service levels by implementing secure, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from anywhere and at any moment throughout the organization.
Progent's network experts can provide a wide array of services that can help companies of any size implement a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will give your data center a resilient and secure foundation for existing applications and downstream expansion. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall security solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Deploying and supporting secure Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing complete non-stop LAN and Internet access architectures in which single point breakdowns do not disrupt delivery of services
- Configuring backup Internet providers with seamless transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can guide clients along the entire process of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISPs to prepare their networks, and deploying and testing client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Architecting, deploying and assisting customers to manage proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated before they disrupt productivity
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can map customer needs to the best technology and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These designs permit seamless and scalable expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to create affordable network management strategies using SNMP and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor products that offer customers a powerful look into the health of their data center's network
- Setting up and supporting high-end data center class infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
To learn more details concerning Progent's professional assistance for Cisco networking products, pick a subject:
In order to get in touch with Progent about consulting assistance for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.