Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT resources to optimize the business value of an information system. For small organizations, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, creating a situation where processors and storage devices are underutilized, usable communications bandwidth is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, support demands are excessive, expansion or repurposing is costly, protection is patchy, seemingly simple changes become giant hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity products and tools enable a new generation of data center architecture that allows continual enhancements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to select and implement Cisco's network technology to create a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your operations in critical areas such as:
- Processor and storage efficiency
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The key benefits that can be realized from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower costs: enables IT management to substantially reduce capital expenses through integration and higher use of formerly isolated network resources, slash operational expenses through simplifying and automating management tasks, and cut HVAC and energy costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: permits IT management to react quickly to evolving business demands by facilitating rapid deployment of application and infrastructure functions from shared pools of consolidated processor, storage, and connectivity technologies. This can improve administrative processes and enable policy-based control.
- Enhanced Network Resilience: enables IT to defend against breakdowns or intrusions by safeguarding connections, programs, and data with the highest levels of availability, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT management to improve business service levels by implementing secure, fast connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any place and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's network experts offer a wide array of consulting services that can enable organizations of all sizes create a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will give your data center a reliable and secure basis for current applications and downstream expansion. Consulting services feature:
- Designing effective firewall protection configurations based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Deploying and supporting secure Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing resilient zero-downtime switching, routing, and Internet access environments in which single component failures do not disrupt delivery of services
- Configuring backup ISPs with seamless failover using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can help clients through the complete process of paperwork with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with Internet Service Providers to prepare their environments, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Designing, installing and helping customers to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and defeated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Designing, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can match expressed requirements to the appropriate solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs allow for seamless and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design affordable network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor products that allow network managers a powerful real-time view into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center capable routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 Series routers.
To find out additional details concerning Progent's consulting support for Cisco products, choose a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about engineering support for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.