Data centers are the key to leveraging IT assets to optimize the business value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a piecemeal manner, creating a state where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, available communications bandwidth is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is minimal, support demands are high, scaling or repurposing is costly, security is poor, seemingly minor modifications turn into giant hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity devices and tools enable a new generation of data center design that allows continual improvements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's consultants can assist you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity technology to build a robust basis for your data center and to improve your operations in vital areas including:
- Processor and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The key advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: allows IT to substantially cut capital costs via integration and higher use of formerly separate equipment, lower maintenance expenses by simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and cut HVAC and power bills.
- Greater Business Agility: enables IT management to react dynamically to changing competitive conditions by allowing rapid provisioning of application and network services from shared pools of integrated server, disk, and connectivity technologies. This helps improve operational procedures and enable policy-based control.
- Better Business Robustness: allows IT to react to breakdowns or intrusions by safeguarding connections, programs, and data with advanced degrees of availability, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT management to improve network service levels by implementing secure, fast connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any location and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants can provide a broad range of services that can enable companies of all sizes build a Cisco-powered environment that will give your data center a reliable and secure basis for existing applications and future growth. Professional services include:
- Building efficient firewall protection solutions using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and supporting secure VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating resilient non-stop LAN and Internet access environments in which single component failures do not disrupt operation of the network
- Setting up multiple ISPs with transparent transfer using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide customers along the complete chain of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISP carriers to set up their environments, and configuring and checking customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN environments to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Architecting, deploying and assisting customers to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be identified quickly and remediated so they don't impact your business
- Designing, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with clients, Progent can match customer requirements to the most sensible solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These solutions allow for seamless and convenient growth, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design efficient network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various outside vendor solutions that allow network managers a useful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center class routers and switches such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 family switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 family routers.
To see more details concerning Progent's professional help for Cisco technology, select a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about technical support for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.