Data centers are the focal point of utilizing information technology assets to maximize the competitive value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal fashion, creating a situation where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is limited, support demands are high, scaling or repurposing is costly, protection is patchy, nominally minor modifications become giant challenges, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's latest networking appliances and technologies support a new model of data center architecture that allows continual enhancements in processor, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a manageable and economical way. Progent's consultants can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's network products to create a solid foundation for your data center and to improve your operations in vital areas such as:
- Processor and disk utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The important benefits that can be realized as a result of using Progent's network consultants to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Assistance for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: allows IT management to substantially lower acquisition costs through consolidation and higher use of formerly separate network resources, lower maintenance costs by streamlining and automating administrative jobs, and cut cooling and energy costs.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT to respond dynamically to evolving competitive demands by facilitating fast provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from shared aggregations of consolidated processor, disk, and network resources. This helps improve administrative procedures and enable policy-based management.
- Better Business Robustness: enables IT to defend against disruptions or attacks by protecting connections, programs, and data through the highest degrees of availability, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT to optimize business service levels by providing secure, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any location and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants offer a broad range of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes build a Cisco-powered architecture that will offer your data center a dependable and protected basis for current applications and downstream expansion. Professional services feature:
- Designing efficient firewall security configurations powered by PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Deploying and troubleshooting secure VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and integrating resilient non-stop switching, routing, and Internet access environments so that single point failures do not interrupt availability of services
- Configuring multiple ISPs with seamless failover using BGP protocols. Progent can guide customers through the complete chain of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, dealing with Internet Service Providers to set up their networks, and deploying and checking client equipment.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN architectures to support VMware virtual server systems
- Designing, installing and helping clients to manage proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated so they don't impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can match expressed needs to the most sensible solutions and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs permit transparent and convenient growth, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design effective network management solutions using SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that present customers a powerful real-time view into the operation of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
To find out additional information concerning Progent's consulting support for Cisco networking products, pick a topic:
To ask Progent about consulting help for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.