Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT assets to maximize the business value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a state where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is limited, maintenance demands are excessive, expansion or repurposing is expensive, security is patchy, seemingly minor modifications turn into giant hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous failure is almost impossible.
Cisco's latest networking devices and technologies enable a new generation of data center design that permits ongoing improvements in processor, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and application technologies in a maintainable and cost-effective way. Progent's consultants can assist you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas such as:
- Processor and disk utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The important benefits that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's network consultants to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Assistance for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced total cost of ownership: allows IT to significantly reduce capital costs via integration and more efficient utilization of previously isolated network resources, slash operational costs through streamlining and automating management jobs, and cut air conditioning and energy costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: enables IT to respond quickly to changing business demands by facilitating fast deployment of application and infrastructure services from shared pools of integrated processor, disk, and network resources. This can improve administrative processes and enable policy-based control.
- Better Business Resilience: allows IT to respond to breakdowns or attacks by protecting infrastructure, programs, and information with advanced levels of availability, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT management to improve business service levels by implementing safe, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from any place and at any time across the organization.
Progent's network consultants offer a broad range of consulting services that can enable companies of any size design a Cisco-powered architecture that will offer your data center a stable and secure foundation for existing applications and downstream growth. Support services feature:
- Building efficient firewall protection solutions using PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and supporting secure VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access architectures so that single component failures do not interrupt operation of the network
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with seamless transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can guide customers through the entire process of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their systems, and deploying and checking customer equipment.
- Building segmented and protected VLAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and helping clients to administer 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated so they don't disrupt your business
- Designing, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can align expressed needs to the most sensible technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit seamless and convenient growth, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to create affordable network management solutions using SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor products that offer customers a useful real-time view into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center class infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 routers.
To find out additional details concerning Progent's consulting assistance for Cisco technology, choose a topic:
If you wish to contact Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.