Data centers are the focal point of leveraging information technology assets to maximize the competitive value of an information system. For small organizations, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, creating a state where processors and storage devices are underutilized, usable communications bandwidth is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is minimal, maintenance requirements are excessive, expansion or repurposing is costly, protection is poor, nominally minor changes turn into major hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's latest networking devices and technologies support a new model of data center design that allows continual enhancements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's consultants can assist you to select and deploy Cisco's network solutions to create a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your operations in vital areas including:
- Server and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The key advantages that can be realized from using Progent's Cisco-certified experts to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced costs: allows IT to significantly reduce acquisition costs via consolidation and more efficient use of previously isolated network resources, slash maintenance expenses through streamlining and automating management tasks, and reduce air conditioning and energy bills.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT to react quickly to changing business conditions by allowing rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure services from shared aggregations of integrated server, disk, and network resources. This helps improve operational processes and support policy-based control.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: allows IT management to respond to disruptions or intrusions by safeguarding connections, programs, and information with the highest degrees of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to optimize network service levels by providing safe, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and data from any location and at any time throughout the enterprise.
Progent's network consultants can provide a broad range of services that can enable businesses of all sizes build a Cisco-based environment that will give your data center a reliable and secure foundation for existing applications and downstream expansion. Support services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions using PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network connections for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity systems in which single component failures do not disrupt availability of services
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with seamless transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can help clients along the complete chain of paperwork with Internet authorities, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their networks, and configuring and checking customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and protected VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and assisting clients to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be identified rapidly and defeated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with clients, Progent can map expressed requirements to the appropriate technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These designs allow for transparent and scalable growth, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent can create efficient network management strategies using SNMP and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various outside vendor solutions that present network managers a powerful real-time view into the health of their data center's network
- Setting up and supporting high-end data center class routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 Series routers.
To find out additional information about Progent's professional support for Cisco products, select a topic:
In order to ask Progent about technical help for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.