Data centers are the key to leveraging IT resources to optimize the competitive value of a computer network. For small organizations, data centers have typically evolved in a piecemeal fashion, creating a state where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are excessive, scaling or repurposing is costly, security is poor, seemingly simple changes become major challenges, and complete recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent networking appliances and technologies support a new model of data center architecture that permits continual enhancements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and economical way. Progent's consultants can help you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity technology to create a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your operations in critical areas such as:
- Server and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The important advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: allows IT management to substantially reduce capital expenses through consolidation and higher utilization of formerly separate equipment, lower maintenance costs through simplifying and automating management jobs, and cut HVAC and energy costs.
- More Business Agility: permits IT to react quickly to evolving business demands by allowing rapid provisioning of application and network services from common aggregations of integrated server, storage, and network technologies. This can streamline administrative processes and enable policy-based control.
- Enhanced Network Resilience: enables IT to respond to breakdowns or attacks by protecting infrastructure, applications, and information with advanced degrees of availability, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT to improve network service levels by implementing safe, accelerated access to data center-resident applications and information from any location and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's network experts can provide a broad array of services that can enable organizations of all sizes implement a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will offer your data center a stable and protected basis for existing applications and downstream expansion. Support services feature:
- Building effective firewall security solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Deploying and supporting protected Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing resilient zero-downtime LAN and Internet connectivity architectures so that single point failures do not interrupt availability of services
- Configuring backup Internet providers with seamless transfer using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide customers through the complete path of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISPs to prepare their environments, and deploying and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to support VMware virtual server systems
- Planning, installing and assisting clients to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can align expressed needs to the appropriate solutions and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs permit transparent and scalable growth, reliability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to create affordable network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that present network managers a powerful look into the activity of their data center's network
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances such as the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 routers.
To learn additional details about Progent's professional assistance for Cisco technology, pick a subject:
In order to contact Progent about technical support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.