Data centers are the focal point of utilizing IT resources to maximize the competitive value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have often grown in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a state where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications bandwidth is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is costly, protection is poor, seemingly simple modifications become giant hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure is virtually impossible.
Cisco's most recent networking appliances and technologies enable a new model of data center design that permits continual enhancements in server, storage, connectivity topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to select and implement Cisco's network solutions to build a solid foundation for your data center and to improve your data center processes in vital areas including:
- Processor and storage utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The key advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's network experts to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: enables IT management to significantly reduce capital costs through consolidation and higher utilization of formerly isolated network resources, slash operational costs through simplifying and automating administrative jobs, and cut HVAC and energy costs.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT to react dynamically to changing competitive demands by facilitating rapid deployment of application and infrastructure services from shared pools of consolidated server, storage, and connectivity resources. This can improve operational processes and enable policy-driven control.
- Enhanced Network Resilience: allows IT management to react to breakdowns or attacks by guarding infrastructure, applications, and information through advanced levels of availability, pervasive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT management to improve network service levels by implementing safe, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and information from anywhere and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's network consultants offer a broad range of services that can help organizations of all sizes create a Cisco-based architecture that will offer your data center a stable and secure basis for current applications and downstream growth. Consulting services feature:
- Designing effective firewall security configurations using PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and supporting secure VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing complete zero-downtime switching, routing, and Internet connectivity architectures so that single component failures do not interrupt availability of services
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with transparent failover using BGP protocols. Progent can assist customers through the complete path of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with ISP carriers to prepare their systems, and configuring and checking client equipment.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, installing and assisting clients to administer 24x7 IPS systems so that attacks can be detected rapidly and defeated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can match customer requirements to the most cost-effective solutions and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Such solutions allow for transparent and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to design effective network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that offer network managers a useful look into the activity of their data center's network
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Cisco Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 routers.
To see additional details about Progent's consulting assistance for Cisco technology, choose a subject:
In order to get in touch with Progent about technical support for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.