Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology resources to maximize the competitive value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal manner, creating a situation where servers and disks are underutilized, usable communications capacity is overlooked, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, maintenance requirements are high, scaling or repurposing is expensive, protection is poor, nominally minor modifications become giant hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's latest network appliances and tools support a new model of data center architecture that allows continual improvements in server, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's consultants can help you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a solid basis for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Processor and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The business benefits that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Assistance for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: allows IT management to substantially reduce capital costs via integration and higher use of formerly isolated network resources, lower maintenance costs by streamlining and automating administrative jobs, and cut cooling and energy bills.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT management to react dynamically to changing business demands by allowing fast provisioning of application and network services from common aggregations of consolidated server, disk, and network technologies. This can streamline operational procedures and enable policy-driven control.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: enables IT management to react to breakdowns or intrusions by safeguarding connections, applications, and information with advanced degrees of availability, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT to improve business service levels by providing secure, accelerated access to data center-resident applications and information from anywhere and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a broad range of services that can help businesses of any size build a Cisco-based infrastructure that will give your data center a stable and secure foundation for existing applications and downstream expansion. Consulting services include:
- Building effective firewall security solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and troubleshooting secure Virtual Private Network connections for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity systems in which single point breakdowns do not disrupt operation of the network
- Configuring multiple ISPs with transparent failover using BGP protocols. Progent can assist customers along the complete chain of interaction with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with ISP carriers to prepare their environments, and configuring and testing client devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected VLAN architectures to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Architecting, deploying and assisting clients to administer proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be identified rapidly and defeated before they disrupt your business
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can align customer requirements to the appropriate solutions and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such solutions allow for seamless and scalable expansion, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent can create practical network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various outside vendor products that present network managers a powerful real-time view into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center class routers and switches including the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 Series routers.
To find out additional information concerning Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco networking products, pick a subject:
In order to get in touch with Progent about technical expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.