Data centers are the key to utilizing IT assets to maximize the competitive value of an information system. For small organizations, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a state where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, support requirements are high, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is poor, nominally simple changes turn into giant hassles, and full recovery from catastrophic failure becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent network products and technologies enable a new generation of data center architecture that permits continual enhancements in server, storage, network topology, and applications in a manageable and economical way. Progent's consultants can help you to identify and implement Cisco's network products to create a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's network experts to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced costs: enables IT to significantly lower capital costs via consolidation and more efficient use of formerly isolated equipment, slash maintenance expenses by streamlining and automating management tasks, and cut HVAC and power costs.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT management to react quickly to changing competitive conditions by facilitating rapid deployment of application and infrastructure functions from shared pools of integrated server, storage, and connectivity resources. This helps improve administrative procedures and enable policy-based control.
- Better Network Robustness: enables IT management to defend against disruptions or intrusions by protecting connections, programs, and data through the highest degrees of availability, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT management to optimize network service levels by implementing secure, fast access to data center-resident applications and data from any location and at any time across the organization.
Progent's network consultants offer a wide array of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes implement a Cisco-based architecture that will give your data center a dependable and secure foundation for current applications and future expansion. Support services include:
- Building effective firewall security solutions powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected VPN connections for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Planning, and implementing complete zero-downtime LAN and Internet access architectures so that single point breakdowns do not interrupt productivity
- Configuring multiple ISPs with seamless transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can assist customers through the entire path of paperwork with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with ISPs to set up their networks, and configuring and testing client equipment.
- Building segmented and protected virtual LAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server deployments
- Architecting, deploying and assisting clients to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified rapidly and defeated before they impact your business
- Designing, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can map customer needs to the best solutions and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These solutions permit seamless and convenient expansion, dependability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent can plan practical network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor solutions that allow customers a useful look into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center capable routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 Series routers.
To see more information about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco solutions, choose a subject:
In order to contact Progent about engineering support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.