Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology assets to optimize the business value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have typically evolved in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a situation where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, support demands are high, scaling or repurposing is expensive, security is patchy, seemingly minor changes turn into giant challenges, and full recovery from catastrophic breakdowns is virtually impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity products and technologies support a new generation of data center architecture that allows continual improvements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity technology to build a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in vital areas including:
- Server and storage utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The important benefits that can accrue from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: allows IT to substantially reduce acquisition expenses through integration and more efficient use of previously isolated network resources, lower maintenance costs by simplifying and automating management tasks, and cut HVAC and energy bills.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT management to respond dynamically to evolving competitive demands by facilitating fast deployment of application and network functions from common aggregations of consolidated server, storage, and connectivity technologies. This can streamline administrative processes and support policy-based control.
- Better Network Resilience: allows IT to respond to breakdowns or attacks by safeguarding infrastructure, applications, and data through advanced degrees of availability, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT to improve business service levels by providing safe, fast access to data center-resident applications and information from any place and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco experts can provide a broad array of services that can help businesses of all sizes build a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a reliable and secure basis for current applications and downstream growth. Support services include:
- Building efficient firewall security solutions powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and supporting protected VPN connections for linking data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating complete non-stop switching, routing, and Internet connectivity systems so that single point failures do not disrupt operation of the network
- Configuring backup Internet providers with seamless failover based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can assist customers along the entire chain of paperwork with Internet supervisors, having ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their environments, and configuring and checking client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Designing, installing and assisting clients to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that attacks can be detected quickly and defeated so they don't impact your business
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can match expressed requirements to the appropriate technology and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These solutions permit transparent and convenient growth, reliability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to design affordable network management strategies using SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor products that allow customers a useful look into the activity of their data center's network
- Setting up and supporting high-end data center capable routers and switches including the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
For additional details about Progent's professional support for Cisco technology, pick a topic:
To ask Progent about professional expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.