Data centers are the focal point of utilizing information technology resources to maximize the business value of a computer network. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard fashion, creating a situation where processors and disks are underutilized, usable communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance demands are excessive, expansion or reconfiguring is costly, security is patchy, nominally simple modifications turn into major challenges, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns is almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent networking products and technologies support a new generation of data center design that permits ongoing improvements in server, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's engineers can help you to select and deploy Cisco's connectivity products to build a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Server and storage efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The key advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Expertise for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: permits IT to significantly lower capital expenses via integration and more efficient utilization of formerly separate network resources, lower operational costs through simplifying and automating management tasks, and reduce air conditioning and energy costs.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT management to react dynamically to changing competitive conditions by allowing rapid provisioning of application and network services from shared pools of consolidated processor, storage, and network technologies. This helps streamline administrative processes and enable policy-driven control.
- Enhanced Network Resilience: allows IT to defend against breakdowns or intrusions by guarding infrastructure, applications, and data with the highest levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to improve network service levels by implementing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from anywhere and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's network consultants offer a broad range of services that can enable organizations of any size design a Cisco-powered architecture that will give your data center a reliable and secure basis for current applications and future expansion. Consulting services feature:
- Building efficient firewall security configurations powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Installing and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network access for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Planning, and integrating complete zero-downtime switching, routing, and Internet access systems so that single point failures do not disrupt operation of the network
- Setting up backup Internet providers with seamless failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can assist clients along the complete process of interaction with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with Internet Service Providers to prepare their environments, and configuring and checking customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and helping clients to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be detected rapidly and remediated before they impact productivity
- Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Consulting with clients, Progent can match expressed needs to the most sensible technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These solutions allow for seamless and convenient expansion, dependability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent can design effective network management strategies based on SNMP and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party solutions that present customers a useful real-time view into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances such as the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
For more details concerning Progent's consulting support for Cisco products, select a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about consulting support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.