Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology resources to maximize the business value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a piecemeal fashion, creating a state where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is overlooked, teamwork and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance demands are excessive, expansion or reconfiguring is costly, protection is poor, nominally minor changes become giant hassles, and full recovery from catastrophic failure becomes almost undoable.
Cisco's latest networking devices and technologies enable a new model of data center design that permits ongoing improvements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can assist you to identify and deploy Cisco's network solutions to create a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in vital areas including:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The business advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced total cost of ownership: permits IT management to substantially lower acquisition expenses through consolidation and higher utilization of previously separate equipment, slash operational expenses through streamlining and automating administrative jobs, and reduce cooling and energy costs.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT management to react dynamically to evolving business conditions by allowing fast provisioning of application and network functions from common pools of integrated processor, disk, and network technologies. This helps streamline administrative processes and enable policy-based control.
- Better Network Resilience: enables IT to respond to breakdowns or intrusions by protecting infrastructure, programs, and information with advanced levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: allows IT management to improve business service levels by providing secure, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from any location and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's network consultants can provide a wide array of services that can enable businesses of any size build a Cisco-based environment that will offer your data center a reliable and secure foundation for current applications and downstream expansion. Support services feature:
- Designing effective firewall protection configurations powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Installing and troubleshooting secure VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Planning, and implementing complete non-stop LAN and Internet connectivity systems in which single component breakdowns do not interrupt operation of the network
- Setting up backup Internet providers with transparent transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide customers through the complete process of interaction with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their systems, and configuring and checking customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server deployments
- Designing, installing and assisting customers to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified rapidly and defeated before they disrupt productivity
- Designing, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can align expressed needs to the most sensible solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such solutions permit transparent and convenient growth, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can create affordable network management solutions based on SNMP and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various outside vendor solutions that offer customers a useful look into the activity of their data center's network
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center capable routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 family routers.
To see more details concerning Progent's consulting support for Cisco networking products, select a subject:
In order to ask Progent about consulting assistance for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.