Data centers are the key to utilizing IT resources to maximize the strategic value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have typically grown in a haphazard manner, creating a state where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, maintenance requirements are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is costly, protection is patchy, nominally minor changes turn into giant challenges, and full recovery from catastrophic failure is almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent network devices and technologies enable a new model of data center architecture that permits ongoing improvements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and application technologies in a manageable and economical way. Progent's consultants can assist you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas such as:
- Processor and disk utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The important advantages that can accrue from engaging Progent's network consultants to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower TCO: permits IT to significantly cut acquisition costs via consolidation and more efficient utilization of previously separate equipment, lower operational expenses by streamlining and automating management jobs, and reduce cooling and power bills.
- More Business Agility: enables IT to respond quickly to changing business conditions by facilitating rapid deployment of application and infrastructure functions from common pools of integrated processor, storage, and network technologies. This helps improve administrative procedures and enable policy-driven management.
- Better Business Resilience: allows IT to defend against breakdowns or attacks by safeguarding connections, applications, and information through the highest degrees of availability, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT to improve business service levels by providing safe, accelerated access to data center-resident applications and data from anywhere and at any moment throughout the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a broad array of services that can help companies of any size design a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will offer your data center a stable and protected basis for existing applications and downstream expansion. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and supporting secure Virtual Private Network connections for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and integrating complete zero-downtime LAN and Internet connectivity architectures in which single component failures do not interrupt operation of the network
- Setting up backup ISPs with seamless failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can assist clients along the entire process of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with ISP carriers to set up their networks, and configuring and checking client equipment.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN environments to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Architecting, deploying and helping clients to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Designing, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can map customer requirements to the most sensible technology and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit seamless and convenient growth, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to plan practical network management strategies based on SNMP and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party solutions that allow customers a powerful look into the activity of their data center's network
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center class routers and switches such as the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 family switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
To find out additional information about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco technology, choose a topic:
To contact Progent about professional assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.