Data centers are the key to utilizing IT resources to optimize the competitive value of a computer network. For small businesses, data centers have typically evolved in a piecemeal fashion, resulting in a situation where processors and storage devices are underutilized, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is minimal, support demands are excessive, expansion or repurposing is costly, protection is poor, seemingly simple changes become major hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's most recent network products and tools enable a new model of data center architecture that allows continual enhancements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's engineers can assist you to select and implement Cisco's network solutions to create a solid basis for your data center and to improve your data center processes in critical areas including:
- Processor and disk utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The business benefits that can be realized from engaging Progent's network experts to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower TCO: permits IT management to significantly reduce acquisition expenses through consolidation and higher utilization of formerly isolated equipment, lower operational expenses by simplifying and automating administrative jobs, and cut cooling and power bills.
- Greater Business Agility: enables IT to respond quickly to changing competitive demands by allowing fast provisioning of application and network services from common aggregations of consolidated processor, storage, and connectivity resources. This helps improve administrative procedures and enable policy-driven management.
- Better Business Resilience: enables IT management to defend against disruptions or intrusions by protecting infrastructure, programs, and information through advanced levels of availability, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT management to optimize network service levels by providing safe, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and data from anywhere and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a wide range of consulting services that can enable companies of any size create a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a dependable and protected foundation for existing applications and future growth. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection configurations powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating resilient zero-downtime switching, routing, and Internet connectivity systems so that single point breakdowns do not disrupt productivity
- Setting up backup Internet providers with seamless failover using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can assist customers through the complete chain of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with Internet Service Providers to set up their systems, and deploying and testing customer devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN architectures to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and assisting customers to administer proactive IPS systems so that attacks can be identified quickly and defeated before they impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Consulting with clients, Progent can align expressed requirements to the most cost-effective technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit transparent and scalable growth, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can plan affordable network management strategies based on SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor solutions that allow network managers a useful real-time view into the health of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center class routers and switches including the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 family switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 routers.
To see additional details concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco networking products, select a topic:
In order to ask Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.