Data centers are the focal point of utilizing IT resources to optimize the business value of a computer network. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard fashion, creating a state where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, available communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is limited, support demands are excessive, expansion or repurposing is costly, security is poor, nominally simple modifications turn into giant challenges, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns is almost impossible.
Cisco's latest network appliances and tools enable a new generation of data center design that permits ongoing enhancements in server, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to select and implement Cisco's network technology to create a solid foundation for your data center and to improve your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Server and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can accrue from engaging Progent's network consultants to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced costs: enables IT to substantially lower acquisition expenses through consolidation and higher use of previously isolated equipment, lower operational expenses by simplifying and automating management jobs, and reduce air conditioning and energy bills.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT management to respond dynamically to changing competitive conditions by facilitating fast provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from common pools of integrated processor, disk, and network technologies. This can improve administrative processes and support policy-driven control.
- Enhanced Network Resilience: enables IT to react to disruptions or intrusions by protecting infrastructure, programs, and data through advanced levels of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT management to optimize business service levels by implementing secure, accelerated access to data center-resident applications and information from anywhere and at any moment throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco experts can provide a broad range of services that can help businesses of any size build a Cisco-powered architecture that will offer your data center a resilient and protected basis for current applications and downstream expansion. Support services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions powered by PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and supporting secure Virtual Private Network connections for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and integrating resilient zero-downtime LAN and Internet access architectures so that single component failures do not interrupt delivery of services
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with transparent failover based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can assist customers through the complete chain of paperwork with Internet authorities, having ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with Internet Service Providers to prepare their networks, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and protected VLAN environments to support VMware virtual server systems
- Planning, installing and assisting clients to manage proactive IPS systems so that attacks can be detected quickly and remediated so they don't impact productivity
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with customers, Progent can match customer needs to the appropriate solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Such solutions allow for seamless and scalable expansion, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent can create efficient network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that allow customers a useful real-time view into the operation of their data center's network
- Configuring and troubleshooting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 family routers.
To learn more information concerning Progent's consulting help for Cisco products, select a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about technical assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.