Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology assets to maximize the competitive value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have often grown in a haphazard fashion, creating a state where servers and disks are underutilized, available communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, security is poor, nominally simple modifications become giant hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous failure is virtually undoable.
Cisco's most recent network products and tools support a new generation of data center design that permits ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and applications in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to identify and implement Cisco's network technology to create a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your operations in vital areas such as:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The key advantages that can accrue from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Assistance for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: permits IT management to significantly lower capital expenses through integration and more efficient use of formerly isolated equipment, lower maintenance expenses through streamlining and automating administrative jobs, and reduce cooling and power costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: permits IT management to react dynamically to evolving competitive conditions by allowing fast deployment of application and network services from shared pools of consolidated server, disk, and network technologies. This helps streamline operational procedures and enable policy-driven management.
- Better Network Resilience: enables IT management to react to breakdowns or intrusions by protecting connections, programs, and data with advanced levels of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT to improve business service levels by implementing safe, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from anywhere and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's network experts can provide a broad array of services that can help companies of any size build a Cisco-based environment that will offer your data center a reliable and protected foundation for existing applications and downstream expansion. Professional services feature:
- Building efficient firewall protection solutions powered by PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and integrating resilient non-stop switching, routing, and Internet connectivity environments so that single point failures do not interrupt availability of services
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with transparent failover using BGP protocols. Progent can help customers along the entire chain of interaction with Internet authorities, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, dealing with Internet Service Providers to prepare their systems, and deploying and testing customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN environments to support VMware virtual server systems
- Planning, installing and helping clients to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be detected quickly and defeated before they impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Consulting with clients, Progent can match customer requirements to the appropriate solutions and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. These solutions allow for transparent and scalable expansion, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design practical network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various 3rd party solutions that present network managers a powerful look into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and troubleshooting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 family switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
To see additional information about Progent's consulting help for Cisco networking products, select a subject:
In order to ask Progent about technical expertise for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.