Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology assets to optimize the business value of a computer network. For small organizations, data centers have typically grown in a haphazard manner, resulting in a state where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is limited, maintenance demands are high, scaling or repurposing is expensive, security is patchy, nominally minor changes become major hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent networking appliances and technologies support a new generation of data center design that allows continual improvements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can assist you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to create a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Server and disk utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can be realized as a result of engaging Progent's network consultants to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Assistance for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: enables IT management to substantially cut capital costs through consolidation and higher use of previously separate equipment, slash operational costs through streamlining and automating management jobs, and cut cooling and energy bills.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT to respond quickly to changing competitive conditions by facilitating rapid deployment of application and network services from common aggregations of consolidated server, storage, and connectivity technologies. This can improve administrative procedures and support policy-based control.
- Better Network Resilience: allows IT to defend against breakdowns or attacks by protecting infrastructure, programs, and data with the highest degrees of fault tolerance, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT to optimize network service levels by implementing safe, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and information from anywhere and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's network experts offer a broad range of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes create a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will give your data center a resilient and secure foundation for existing applications and future growth. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions using PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Installing and troubleshooting secure VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing resilient fault tolerant LAN and Internet access environments so that single point breakdowns do not disrupt delivery of services
- Setting up backup ISPs with transparent failover based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can assist customers along the entire process of paperwork with Internet authorities, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISPs to prepare their environments, and deploying and checking customer equipment.
- Building segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to compliment VMware virtual server systems
- Architecting, deploying and helping customers to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be identified rapidly and remediated so they don't impact productivity
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can match customer needs to the best technology and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs allow for seamless and convenient expansion, dependability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to plan efficient network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various 3rd party products that offer network managers a powerful look into the activity of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center class routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
To see more information about Progent's consulting help for Cisco networking products, choose a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about technical assistance for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.