Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology resources to maximize the strategic value of an information system. For small organizations, data centers have typically evolved in a piecemeal fashion, creating a situation where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance requirements are high, expansion or repurposing is costly, security is poor, nominally minor changes turn into major hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's most recent networking products and technologies enable a new model of data center architecture that permits ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and applications in a manageable and economical way. Progent's consultants can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to create a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your operations in critical areas including:
- Processor and disk utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The important benefits that can accrue from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: allows IT management to significantly cut capital expenses through consolidation and higher utilization of formerly separate equipment, slash maintenance expenses through streamlining and automating management tasks, and cut air conditioning and energy bills.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT to respond quickly to evolving competitive conditions by facilitating fast provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from common aggregations of integrated processor, disk, and connectivity resources. This helps improve operational processes and enable policy-based control.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: allows IT management to respond to disruptions or intrusions by guarding infrastructure, applications, and information with the highest degrees of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT to optimize network service levels by implementing safe, accelerated access to data center-resident applications and information from any place and at any time across the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants offer a wide range of services that can help companies of any size design a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will give your data center a stable and protected basis for current applications and downstream growth. Support services feature:
- Designing efficient firewall protection solutions powered by PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and supporting secure Virtual Private Network connections for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and integrating complete zero-downtime switching, routing, and Internet access systems in which single component breakdowns do not disrupt delivery of services
- Setting up backup ISPs with transparent failover based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can help customers through the entire chain of paperwork with Internet authorities, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with ISPs to prepare their environments, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Architecting, deploying and assisting customers to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified quickly and defeated so they don't disrupt your business
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Consulting with clients, Progent can match expressed requirements to the appropriate technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Such designs permit seamless and convenient growth, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design affordable network management solutions based on SNMP and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party solutions that offer network managers a powerful look into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center class routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 Series routers.
To learn additional details concerning Progent's professional assistance for Cisco networking products, select a topic:
In order to ask Progent about technical expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.