Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT resources to optimize the strategic value of an information system. For small organizations, data centers have often evolved in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a state where servers and disks are underutilized, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance demands are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is costly, security is poor, seemingly minor changes turn into giant hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity products and tools enable a new model of data center design that allows continual improvements in server, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's consultants can assist you to select and deploy Cisco's network technology to create a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your operations in vital areas including:
- Server and disk utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The key advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: allows IT to significantly lower capital costs through integration and more efficient utilization of previously separate network resources, slash operational expenses through streamlining and automating administrative tasks, and reduce air conditioning and energy costs.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT management to respond quickly to changing business conditions by facilitating rapid deployment of application and network functions from common pools of consolidated server, storage, and connectivity technologies. This can streamline operational procedures and enable policy-driven management.
- Better Business Robustness: allows IT to respond to disruptions or intrusions by safeguarding connections, programs, and information with advanced degrees of availability, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT management to optimize network service levels by implementing secure, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and information from any place and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants can provide a wide range of consulting services that can help organizations of all sizes create a Cisco-powered architecture that will offer your data center a resilient and protected basis for current applications and downstream growth. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection configurations powered by PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and supporting secure VPN connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing resilient zero-downtime LAN and Internet access systems in which single component breakdowns do not disrupt operation of the network
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with transparent transfer using BGP protocols. Progent can guide clients along the complete process of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with Internet Service Providers to set up their networks, and deploying and testing client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to compliment VMware virtual server systems
- Planning, installing and assisting customers to administer 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be identified rapidly and remediated so they don't impact productivity
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Working with customers, Progent can map customer requirements to the appropriate technology and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit transparent and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent can create effective network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party solutions that allow customers a powerful look into the activity of their data center's network
- Setting up and supporting high-end data center class infrastructure appliances such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 family routers.
To see additional information about Progent's professional support for Cisco networking products, pick a subject:
In order to contact Progent about engineering help for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.