Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology resources to optimize the competitive value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, creating a situation where servers and disks are underutilized, available communications bandwidth is overlooked, collaboration and information sharing is limited, maintenance demands are excessive, scaling or repurposing is expensive, protection is poor, seemingly minor modifications become giant hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous failure is virtually impossible.
Cisco's most recent network products and technologies enable a new model of data center architecture that allows continual enhancements in server, storage, connectivity topology, and applications in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's consultants can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity technology to build a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas such as:
- Processor and disk utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The business benefits that can accrue from engaging Progent's network experts to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Assistance for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: allows IT management to significantly lower capital expenses via integration and higher use of formerly isolated equipment, lower maintenance expenses through streamlining and automating management jobs, and reduce HVAC and energy costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: permits IT to react dynamically to changing competitive demands by allowing fast deployment of application and network functions from common pools of integrated server, disk, and connectivity technologies. This helps improve administrative processes and enable policy-based management.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: allows IT to react to breakdowns or attacks by safeguarding infrastructure, programs, and data with advanced degrees of availability, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT management to improve business service levels by implementing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-hosted applications and information from any place and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants offer a wide array of consulting services that can enable organizations of any size build a Cisco-powered architecture that will offer your data center a dependable and secure basis for existing applications and downstream expansion. Support services include:
- Building efficient firewall security solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Installing and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete zero-downtime LAN and Internet connectivity environments so that single component failures do not disrupt productivity
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with seamless transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can help clients through the complete process of paperwork with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISP carriers to set up their systems, and configuring and testing client devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected VLAN architectures to support VMware virtual server systems
- Architecting, deploying and assisting customers to administer 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified quickly and remediated before they impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can match customer requirements to the appropriate technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs allow for seamless and convenient growth, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can create efficient network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party solutions that present network managers a useful real-time view into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and supporting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 family switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
To learn more details about Progent's engineering help for Cisco networking products, choose a topic:
To contact Progent about consulting support for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.