Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology assets to optimize the business value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a piecemeal manner, creating a situation where servers and disks are underutilized, available communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are excessive, expansion or repurposing is costly, protection is patchy, nominally minor modifications become giant challenges, and complete recovery from disastrous failure becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's most recent connectivity devices and tools enable a new model of data center design that permits ongoing enhancements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's consultants can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's network technology to build a solid basis for your data center and to improve your operations in critical areas such as:
- Server and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The key benefits that can be realized as a result of engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Assistance for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower costs: permits IT management to significantly cut capital expenses via integration and higher use of previously isolated equipment, lower operational costs through simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and cut HVAC and power costs.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT to react dynamically to evolving competitive conditions by facilitating fast deployment of application and network functions from shared pools of consolidated server, disk, and connectivity resources. This can improve administrative processes and enable policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: allows IT to react to breakdowns or intrusions by protecting connections, programs, and data with the highest degrees of availability, pervasive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT management to improve business service levels by implementing secure, fast access to data center-resident applications and information from any location and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's network consultants can provide a broad array of consulting services that can enable organizations of any size implement a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will offer your data center a stable and protected basis for current applications and future growth. Progent's consulting services include:
- Building effective firewall security solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Installing and supporting secure Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity environments so that single component failures do not disrupt productivity
- Configuring backup ISPs with transparent transfer using BGP protocols. Progent can help clients along the complete path of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with ISPs to set up their environments, and deploying and checking customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN architectures to compliment VMware virtual server systems
- Architecting, deploying and helping clients to administer proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated so they don't disrupt your business
- Designing, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Working with customers, Progent can match expressed needs to the most sensible solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such designs permit seamless and convenient expansion, dependability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to design efficient network management strategies based on SNMP and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various 3rd party solutions that offer customers a useful real-time view into the health of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
For additional details concerning Progent's consulting support for Cisco networking products, choose a topic:
In order to contact Progent about technical help for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.