Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology assets to maximize the business value of a computer network. For small organizations, data centers have often evolved in a piecemeal fashion, resulting in a situation where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are excessive, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, security is patchy, seemingly simple changes become major hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns is virtually undoable.
Cisco's most recent networking appliances and tools support a new generation of data center architecture that permits ongoing improvements in server, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to identify and implement Cisco's network products to build a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas including:
- Server and storage efficiency
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The key benefits that can be realized as a result of using Progent's network experts to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: permits IT management to substantially cut capital costs through consolidation and more efficient use of previously isolated equipment, lower maintenance costs through simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and reduce air conditioning and energy bills.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT to respond dynamically to changing competitive conditions by allowing rapid provisioning of application and network functions from common aggregations of consolidated processor, storage, and network technologies. This helps improve administrative procedures and support policy-driven control.
- Better Business Resilience: allows IT to defend against breakdowns or attacks by guarding connections, applications, and data with the highest levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT management to optimize network service levels by implementing secure, accelerated access to data center-resident applications and data from any place and at any moment throughout the enterprise.
Progent's network experts offer a broad array of consulting services that can help companies of any size implement a Cisco-based environment that will give your data center a stable and secure basis for existing applications and downstream growth. Professional services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and troubleshooting secure VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and integrating complete non-stop LAN and Internet access systems in which single component failures do not interrupt delivery of services
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with seamless failover based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can help customers through the complete path of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with ISP carriers to set up their environments, and configuring and testing client equipment.
- Building segmented and protected VLAN environments to support VMware virtual server deployments
- Architecting, installing and helping clients to administer 24x7 IPS systems so that attacks can be detected rapidly and remediated so they don't impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with customers, Progent can map expressed requirements to the best technology and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such designs permit seamless and scalable expansion, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design efficient network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor solutions that present network managers a powerful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center capable routers and switches including the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 family routers.
For more details concerning Progent's consulting help for Cisco solutions, pick a subject:
If you wish to ask Progent about technical support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.