Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology resources to optimize the competitive value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, resulting in a state where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, support requirements are excessive, expansion or repurposing is expensive, protection is patchy, nominally minor changes become major challenges, and full recovery from disastrous failure becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity products and tools support a new generation of data center design that permits continual improvements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a robust basis for your data center and to improve your data center operations in vital areas such as:
- Processor and storage utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The important benefits that can accrue as a result of using Progent's network consultants to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Assistance for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced total cost of ownership: allows IT to substantially cut capital costs via consolidation and more efficient use of formerly isolated network resources, lower operational expenses by simplifying and automating management jobs, and reduce HVAC and power costs.
- More Business Agility: permits IT management to react quickly to evolving competitive demands by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from shared pools of consolidated server, disk, and connectivity technologies. This helps improve operational processes and support policy-based control.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: allows IT to defend against disruptions or intrusions by safeguarding infrastructure, applications, and data with the highest degrees of fault tolerance, pervasive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT management to optimize network service levels by implementing secure, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from any place and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants offer a broad array of consulting services that can enable organizations of any size design a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will give your data center a resilient and secure foundation for current applications and downstream growth. Support services include:
- Designing effective firewall protection configurations using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and supporting secure Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete fault tolerant LAN and Internet access architectures so that single component failures do not disrupt operation of the network
- Configuring backup Internet providers with transparent transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can help clients through the entire chain of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with ISPs to prepare their networks, and deploying and testing client devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Planning, deploying and assisting customers to manage proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be identified quickly and remediated so they don't disrupt your business
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Consulting with clients, Progent can map customer needs to the most sensible solutions and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit seamless and scalable growth, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to create effective network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various 3rd party solutions that allow network managers a powerful look into the activity of their data center's network
- Configuring and troubleshooting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 family switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 Series routers.
To see more details concerning Progent's professional assistance for Cisco products, choose a subject:
To ask Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.