Data centers are the focal point of utilizing information technology assets to optimize the strategic value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a situation where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is overlooked, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, support demands are excessive, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, security is patchy, nominally minor changes become major hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's most recent network products and technologies support a new generation of data center design that permits ongoing improvements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a maintainable and cost-effective way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to create a solid basis for your data center and to streamline your operations in vital areas such as:
- Processor and storage utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can be realized from using Progent's network experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower costs: permits IT to significantly lower capital costs via integration and higher utilization of previously separate equipment, lower operational costs by streamlining and automating management tasks, and cut HVAC and power costs.
- More Business Agility: enables IT to react quickly to changing business conditions by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from shared pools of consolidated server, storage, and connectivity resources. This can streamline administrative procedures and enable policy-driven control.
- Better Business Resilience: enables IT management to defend against disruptions or attacks by guarding connections, applications, and data through advanced levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT to improve business service levels by implementing secure, accelerated connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from any place and at any moment across the enterprise.
Progent's network consultants can provide a wide array of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes create a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will offer your data center a resilient and protected foundation for current applications and downstream expansion. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building efficient firewall security solutions powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Installing and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access systems so that single point failures do not interrupt operation of the network
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with seamless failover based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can help clients through the entire path of interaction with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with ISPs to set up their networks, and deploying and testing customer devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Architecting, installing and assisting customers to manage proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified rapidly and defeated before they disrupt your business
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can match customer requirements to the most sensible technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit transparent and scalable expansion, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can create practical network management solutions using SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that allow network managers a useful real-time view into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center class infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
For more details about Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco products, select a topic:
To get in touch with Progent about technical help for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.