Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology assets to optimize the business value of a computer network. For small businesses, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal fashion, resulting in a situation where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, support requirements are high, expansion or repurposing is expensive, security is patchy, seemingly minor changes turn into major hassles, and complete recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes almost undoable.
Cisco's latest connectivity appliances and technologies enable a new model of data center design that allows continual improvements in processor, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's consultants can help you to select and implement Cisco's network products to build a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in critical areas such as:
- Processor and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can be realized from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: allows IT to significantly lower acquisition expenses through integration and higher use of previously isolated equipment, slash maintenance expenses by simplifying and automating management jobs, and cut cooling and energy bills.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT to respond quickly to changing business conditions by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and network services from common aggregations of integrated server, disk, and network resources. This can improve operational procedures and enable policy-based management.
- Better Network Resilience: enables IT management to respond to disruptions or attacks by guarding connections, programs, and information with advanced degrees of availability, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to improve business service levels by implementing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any place and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's network experts can provide a wide array of services that can enable companies of all sizes design a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a stable and protected basis for current applications and future expansion. Professional services feature:
- Designing efficient firewall protection configurations using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access environments so that single component breakdowns do not disrupt operation of the network
- Configuring multiple ISPs with seamless failover based on BGP protocols. Progent can guide clients along the complete process of paperwork with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with ISPs to set up their systems, and configuring and checking customer devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and assisting clients to manage proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be identified quickly and remediated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Planning, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can map expressed needs to the most cost-effective solutions and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit seamless and convenient growth, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to create affordable network management strategies based on SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various outside vendor solutions that present customers a powerful look into the operation of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 routers.
To see additional information about Progent's engineering help for Cisco solutions, choose a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about professional support for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.