Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology assets to maximize the competitive value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have typically grown in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a state where servers and storage devices are underutilized, usable communications bandwidth is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance requirements are excessive, expansion or repurposing is costly, protection is poor, nominally simple changes turn into giant challenges, and full recovery from disastrous failure is almost impossible.
Cisco's latest networking products and technologies enable a new model of data center design that allows continual improvements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's engineers can help you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to create a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in critical areas such as:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Business continuance
The important advantages that can be realized from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to streamline your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Assistance for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower costs: enables IT management to significantly reduce acquisition expenses through consolidation and more efficient use of formerly isolated equipment, lower operational expenses by simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and reduce HVAC and power bills.
- Greater Business Agility: enables IT management to respond dynamically to changing business demands by allowing fast provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from common aggregations of consolidated server, storage, and network resources. This helps streamline operational procedures and enable policy-driven control.
- Better Network Resilience: allows IT management to respond to breakdowns or attacks by safeguarding connections, applications, and data with advanced degrees of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT to optimize business service levels by providing secure, accelerated connectivity to data center-hosted applications and information from anywhere and at any time throughout the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts can provide a broad range of services that can help organizations of any size implement a Cisco-powered environment that will give your data center a stable and secure foundation for current applications and downstream expansion. Progent's consulting services include:
- Building efficient firewall protection configurations using PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Deploying and supporting protected VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity systems so that single component failures do not interrupt availability of services
- Configuring backup ISPs with transparent transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can guide clients along the entire chain of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with Internet Service Providers to prepare their networks, and configuring and testing customer equipment.
- Building segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, installing and helping customers to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified quickly and remediated so they don't impact your business
- Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can match customer requirements to the most sensible technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These solutions allow for transparent and convenient growth, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to create practical network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various outside vendor solutions that allow network managers a useful real-time view into the activity of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center class routers and switches including the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 Series routers.
To learn more information concerning Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco networking products, choose a topic:
In order to contact Progent about professional expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.