Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology assets to maximize the competitive value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have typically evolved in a haphazard manner, creating a state where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is limited, maintenance demands are excessive, scaling or repurposing is costly, protection is patchy, seemingly minor changes become major challenges, and full recovery from catastrophic failure is almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent connectivity appliances and technologies enable a new model of data center design that allows ongoing enhancements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to select and implement Cisco's network solutions to build a solid basis for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in vital areas such as:
- Server and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The important benefits that can be realized as a result of using Progent's network consultants to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: allows IT to significantly lower capital expenses via integration and higher use of formerly separate equipment, slash operational costs by streamlining and automating administrative tasks, and cut HVAC and energy bills.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT management to respond quickly to changing business conditions by allowing fast provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from common aggregations of integrated server, disk, and network technologies. This can improve administrative processes and enable policy-based management.
- Enhanced Network Resilience: allows IT management to respond to disruptions or intrusions by protecting connections, applications, and data with advanced levels of fault tolerance, pervasive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: allows IT to improve network service levels by providing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from any location and at any moment throughout the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a wide array of consulting services that can enable businesses of all sizes build a Cisco-based architecture that will offer your data center a resilient and secure basis for current applications and future expansion. Consulting services feature:
- Building efficient firewall protection solutions powered by PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing resilient non-stop switching, routing, and Internet access systems in which single component failures do not disrupt operation of the network
- Configuring multiple ISPs with seamless transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can assist customers through the entire path of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with ISPs to set up their environments, and deploying and checking customer equipment.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Designing, installing and assisting customers to administer proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified quickly and defeated before they impact productivity
- Planning, configuring, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can map expressed needs to the most cost-effective technology and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These solutions permit transparent and scalable growth, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can create efficient network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party products that offer customers a useful real-time view into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and troubleshooting high-end data center capable routers and switches such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 Series routers.
To learn more information concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco technology, select a topic:
In order to contact Progent about professional expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.