Data centers are the focal point of utilizing IT resources to optimize the strategic value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have often grown in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a situation where processors and storage devices are underutilized, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance requirements are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, security is poor, nominally simple modifications become giant hassles, and full recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's latest connectivity devices and technologies enable a new model of data center design that permits continual enhancements in server, storage, connectivity infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and cost-effective way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can assist you to select and deploy Cisco's network products to build a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Processor and storage efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The important advantages that can accrue from using Progent's network consultants to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Assistance for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: allows IT management to significantly reduce acquisition expenses via integration and more efficient use of previously isolated equipment, lower operational expenses through streamlining and automating administrative jobs, and reduce cooling and energy costs.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT to respond dynamically to changing business demands by facilitating fast deployment of application and network functions from common pools of integrated processor, storage, and network technologies. This can streamline operational processes and support policy-driven management.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: enables IT to respond to disruptions or attacks by guarding infrastructure, applications, and information with advanced degrees of fault tolerance, pervasive protection, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT to optimize business service levels by providing secure, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from any location and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's network consultants can provide a broad array of services that can help companies of any size implement a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will offer your data center a reliable and protected basis for current applications and downstream growth. Support services include:
- Designing efficient firewall protection configurations using PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected VPN connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing resilient non-stop switching, routing, and Internet connectivity environments in which single component failures do not interrupt productivity
- Setting up multiple ISPs with seamless transfer based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can help clients through the complete chain of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with Internet Service Providers to set up their systems, and configuring and checking client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and protected VLAN environments to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and helping customers to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified rapidly and remediated so they don't impact productivity
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can align customer requirements to the most sensible technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Such designs allow for seamless and scalable expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to plan effective network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor products that allow customers a useful look into the health of their data center's network
- Setting up and supporting high-end data center class routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 Series routers.
To see additional details about Progent's engineering support for Cisco networking products, select a topic:
In order to contact Progent about engineering support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.