Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT assets to optimize the strategic value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard fashion, creating a situation where processors and disks are underutilized, available communications bandwidth is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is limited, support demands are excessive, expansion or reconfiguring is costly, protection is poor, seemingly minor modifications become major challenges, and full recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity products and technologies enable a new model of data center architecture that allows continual enhancements in server, storage, connectivity topology, and application technologies in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's engineers can assist you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a robust basis for your data center and to improve your operations in critical areas such as:
- Server and disk utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The key benefits that can be realized from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: enables IT management to substantially reduce capital costs via integration and more efficient use of previously isolated network resources, lower maintenance expenses through simplifying and automating administrative jobs, and reduce HVAC and power bills.
- Greater Business Flexibility: permits IT to react dynamically to changing business demands by facilitating fast deployment of application and infrastructure functions from common pools of consolidated server, disk, and network resources. This can improve administrative procedures and enable policy-driven control.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: allows IT to respond to breakdowns or attacks by safeguarding connections, applications, and information with the highest levels of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT management to optimize network service levels by providing safe, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from anywhere and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco experts can provide a broad range of consulting services that can enable companies of all sizes build a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a stable and protected foundation for current applications and downstream growth. Professional services include:
- Designing effective firewall protection solutions using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and supporting secure Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing complete fault tolerant LAN and Internet access environments so that single point breakdowns do not disrupt delivery of services
- Setting up multiple ISPs with transparent transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can help customers along the entire path of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with ISPs to set up their networks, and configuring and checking customer equipment.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to support VMware virtual server systems
- Designing, installing and assisting customers to administer proactive IPS systems so that attacks can be identified rapidly and defeated before they impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Consulting with clients, Progent can map customer needs to the best technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit seamless and convenient growth, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to design practical network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party solutions that offer network managers a useful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center capable routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
To see additional details concerning Progent's professional expertise for Cisco solutions, pick a subject:
To ask Progent about technical help for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.