Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology resources to maximize the business value of a computer network. For small organizations, data centers have typically grown in a haphazard fashion, creating a state where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, support demands are high, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is poor, seemingly minor changes become major hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's latest network appliances and tools enable a new generation of data center architecture that permits ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, network topology, and applications in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's consultants can help you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity products to build a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your operations in critical areas including:
- Processor and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can be realized as a result of using Progent's network experts to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower ownership cost: allows IT to substantially reduce acquisition costs via consolidation and higher use of formerly isolated equipment, slash maintenance costs by simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and reduce air conditioning and power costs.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT management to respond dynamically to changing competitive conditions by allowing rapid deployment of application and network services from common pools of consolidated server, disk, and network technologies. This helps streamline administrative procedures and support policy-based control.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: allows IT to defend against disruptions or attacks by safeguarding infrastructure, programs, and data through the highest levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to improve business service levels by providing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from any place and at any time throughout the enterprise.
Progent's network consultants can provide a broad range of services that can enable businesses of all sizes build a Cisco-based architecture that will offer your data center a resilient and secure foundation for existing applications and future expansion. Progent's consulting services include:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions using PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Deploying and supporting protected Virtual Private Network access for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete non-stop LAN and Internet connectivity environments in which single component breakdowns do not disrupt availability of services
- Configuring backup Internet providers with seamless transfer using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can help clients along the entire path of interaction with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with ISPs to set up their networks, and deploying and testing client devices.
- Building segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN environments to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, installing and helping customers to administer 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be identified quickly and remediated before they disrupt your business
- Planning, configuring, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can match customer requirements to the best solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These designs permit transparent and convenient expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to plan practical network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various 3rd party products that present customers a useful real-time view into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 family switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 Series routers.
To see additional information about Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco products, select a subject:
In order to ask Progent about technical support for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.