Data centers are the key to utilizing IT assets to optimize the strategic value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have often grown in a haphazard fashion, creating a situation where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance requirements are high, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is patchy, nominally minor changes turn into giant hassles, and full recovery from catastrophic failure becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's latest network appliances and tools support a new model of data center design that allows ongoing improvements in processor, storage, connectivity topology, and applications in a manageable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity technology to build a solid foundation for your data center and to improve your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Server and storage utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The key benefits that can accrue from engaging Progent's network experts to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower TCO: permits IT to substantially cut capital costs via consolidation and higher utilization of previously separate equipment, slash operational costs by simplifying and automating management tasks, and cut HVAC and power costs.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT management to react dynamically to changing business conditions by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from shared pools of consolidated server, storage, and connectivity technologies. This helps improve administrative processes and support policy-driven control.
- Better Network Robustness: enables IT to respond to disruptions or attacks by safeguarding infrastructure, programs, and information with the highest degrees of availability, pervasive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT management to improve network service levels by providing safe, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and information from any place and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants can provide a wide range of consulting services that can enable businesses of all sizes create a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will offer your data center a resilient and secure foundation for existing applications and downstream growth. Professional services feature:
- Building efficient firewall security solutions using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Installing and supporting secure VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile workers
- Designing, and implementing complete zero-downtime switching, routing, and Internet access systems so that single component failures do not disrupt availability of services
- Configuring backup Internet providers with seamless transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can guide customers along the entire path of interaction with Internet authorities, having ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with Internet Service Providers to set up their environments, and deploying and checking customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Planning, installing and assisting clients to administer 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be detected quickly and remediated before they disrupt productivity
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Consulting with clients, Progent can map expressed needs to the most cost-effective solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. These solutions allow for transparent and convenient growth, dependability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to plan practical network management strategies based on SNMP and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party solutions that offer customers a powerful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center class infrastructure appliances such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
To learn more information about Progent's consulting support for Cisco solutions, pick a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.