Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology resources to optimize the competitive value of an IT network. For small businesses, data centers have often grown in a haphazard manner, creating a state where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications bandwidth is wasted, teamwork and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance requirements are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, security is poor, seemingly minor changes turn into giant challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure is almost undoable.
Cisco's latest networking devices and technologies support a new model of data center design that permits continual improvements in processor, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's engineers can help you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas including:
- Server and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The key benefits that can be realized from using Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Professional Expertise for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced costs: enables IT to substantially reduce capital costs through integration and higher use of formerly separate network resources, slash operational expenses by simplifying and automating management tasks, and cut cooling and energy costs.
- More Business Agility: enables IT to react quickly to changing business conditions by facilitating fast deployment of application and network services from shared aggregations of consolidated processor, storage, and network resources. This can streamline operational processes and enable policy-based management.
- Better Network Resilience: enables IT to react to breakdowns or attacks by protecting infrastructure, applications, and data through advanced levels of availability, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT to optimize business service levels by providing safe, fast connectivity to data center-resident applications and information from any place and at any time throughout the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts can provide a wide array of services that can enable businesses of any size design a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a resilient and secure foundation for current applications and future growth. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Designing efficient firewall security solutions powered by PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Installing and supporting secure Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing complete fault tolerant LAN and Internet connectivity systems in which single component breakdowns do not disrupt availability of services
- Configuring backup Internet providers with seamless failover based on Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can help clients along the complete path of interaction with Internet authorities, having ASN numbers and IP addresses allotted, working with ISP carriers to set up their networks, and deploying and checking customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server systems
- Planning, installing and assisting customers to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that attacks can be detected quickly and remediated so they don't impact productivity
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Consulting with clients, Progent can match customer requirements to the best technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions allow for seamless and scalable growth, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design affordable network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various outside vendor products that present network managers a powerful real-time view into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center class routers and switches such as the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
To find out additional information about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco products, pick a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about consulting help for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.