Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology assets to maximize the competitive value of a computer network. For small organizations, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard fashion, resulting in a situation where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, support requirements are excessive, expansion or reconfiguring is costly, protection is poor, nominally simple changes turn into giant hassles, and full recovery from disastrous failure is virtually undoable.
Cisco's most recent network products and technologies support a new model of data center design that permits continual enhancements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's engineers can help you to select and deploy Cisco's network solutions to create a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in vital areas including:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The key benefits that can accrue as a result of using Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Services for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: allows IT management to substantially lower capital costs through integration and higher use of previously isolated network resources, slash operational costs through streamlining and automating management jobs, and cut cooling and power costs.
- More Business Agility: enables IT to respond quickly to evolving competitive conditions by facilitating fast provisioning of application and network functions from common pools of consolidated server, disk, and connectivity technologies. This can improve administrative processes and support policy-driven control.
- Better Network Robustness: allows IT management to respond to breakdowns or attacks by safeguarding infrastructure, applications, and information with the highest levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: allows IT management to optimize business service levels by implementing safe, fast access to data center-resident applications and information from anywhere and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants can provide a broad range of consulting services that can enable organizations of any size implement a Cisco-powered environment that will give your data center a reliable and secure basis for current applications and downstream growth. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Designing effective firewall security configurations based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Installing and supporting secure VPN connections for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing complete zero-downtime switching, routing, and Internet connectivity architectures so that single point failures do not disrupt operation of the network
- Setting up backup Internet providers with transparent transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can guide clients through the entire path of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with Internet Service Providers to set up their environments, and configuring and checking client equipment.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, installing and helping customers to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that attacks can be detected quickly and remediated so they don't disrupt your business
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can align expressed requirements to the most sensible technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. These solutions permit seamless and convenient growth, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to create practical network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party products that allow network managers a powerful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center class infrastructure appliances including the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 family switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 family routers.
To find out additional details concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco solutions, pick a topic:
In order to ask Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.