Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology assets to maximize the business value of a computer network. For small organizations, data centers have typically evolved in a haphazard manner, resulting in a state where processors and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, support demands are high, scaling or repurposing is costly, security is poor, nominally simple changes turn into giant challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes virtually impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity appliances and technologies support a new generation of data center design that allows continual improvements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's consultants can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity products to create a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in vital areas such as:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's Cisco-certified experts to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower costs: permits IT to substantially cut acquisition expenses through integration and higher use of previously isolated equipment, slash maintenance expenses by simplifying and automating management jobs, and cut HVAC and energy bills.
- Greater Business Flexibility: enables IT to react quickly to evolving business conditions by facilitating fast deployment of application and infrastructure services from common pools of integrated server, disk, and connectivity resources. This can streamline operational processes and enable policy-driven management.
- Better Network Resilience: allows IT to respond to disruptions or intrusions by protecting infrastructure, applications, and information through the highest degrees of availability, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT management to improve network service levels by implementing secure, accelerated access to data center-resident applications and data from any place and at any time throughout the enterprise.
Progent's network experts offer a broad array of services that can enable companies of all sizes build a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will give your data center a resilient and secure foundation for current applications and downstream expansion. Consulting services feature:
- Building efficient firewall security configurations powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile workers
- Designing, and integrating resilient non-stop switching, routing, and Internet connectivity environments in which single component breakdowns do not disrupt operation of the network
- Configuring backup ISPs with transparent failover using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can guide customers through the complete process of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with Internet Service Providers to set up their networks, and deploying and testing customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server systems
- Designing, installing and assisting customers to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be detected rapidly and remediated so they don't disrupt your business
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can align customer requirements to the best solutions and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such designs allow for seamless and scalable expansion, reliability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to design effective network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party solutions that present network managers a useful look into the operation of their data center's network
- Setting up and supporting high-end data center capable routers and switches including the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 family switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 Series routers.
To find out more information about Progent's professional support for Cisco networking products, select a subject:
To ask Progent about consulting assistance for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.