Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT resources to optimize the business value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard fashion, creating a state where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and information sharing is limited, support requirements are excessive, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, security is patchy, seemingly simple changes turn into giant challenges, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns is virtually impossible.
Cisco's latest connectivity devices and tools support a new generation of data center architecture that allows continual improvements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to select and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a robust basis for your data center and to improve your operations in vital areas such as:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The important advantages that can accrue from using Progent's network experts to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: allows IT to substantially lower capital expenses via integration and higher use of previously separate equipment, slash operational expenses through streamlining and automating administrative jobs, and cut HVAC and power costs.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT to respond quickly to evolving competitive demands by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and network functions from common pools of consolidated processor, disk, and connectivity technologies. This can improve operational processes and support policy-driven control.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: enables IT management to react to breakdowns or attacks by protecting infrastructure, applications, and information with advanced levels of fault tolerance, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT to improve network service levels by implementing safe, fast connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any location and at any time across the organization.
Progent's network experts offer a wide array of services that can enable companies of all sizes design a Cisco-based architecture that will give your data center a resilient and secure basis for current applications and downstream expansion. Professional services include:
- Designing effective firewall protection solutions using PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Installing and supporting secure VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile workers
- Planning, and integrating resilient non-stop LAN and Internet connectivity environments so that single component failures do not disrupt productivity
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with transparent failover using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can help clients through the entire process of paperwork with Internet supervisors, having ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with Internet Service Providers to set up their environments, and configuring and testing client devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected VLAN architectures to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, deploying and assisting clients to manage proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be identified quickly and remediated so they don't disrupt your business
- Planning, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Consulting with customers, Progent can align expressed needs to the most cost-effective solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs allow for seamless and scalable growth, dependability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can create practical network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party solutions that allow customers a useful real-time view into the operation of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center capable routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 Series routers.
To see more details concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco networking products, select a subject:
In order to ask Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.