Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology assets to optimize the strategic value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have typically evolved in a piecemeal fashion, resulting in a state where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications bandwidth is overlooked, teamwork and knowledge sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are excessive, scaling or repurposing is costly, protection is poor, nominally minor changes turn into giant challenges, and complete recovery from disastrous failure is almost impossible.
Cisco's latest networking products and technologies support a new generation of data center design that permits ongoing improvements in server, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity technology to build a robust basis for your data center and to improve your operations in critical areas such as:
- Server and storage utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The business benefits that can accrue from using Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Assistance for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: permits IT to significantly cut acquisition costs through integration and higher utilization of previously isolated equipment, slash operational costs through simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and reduce air conditioning and power bills.
- Greater Business Agility: enables IT management to respond quickly to evolving business conditions by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and network functions from common pools of consolidated server, disk, and network technologies. This helps streamline operational procedures and support policy-based control.
- Better Network Resilience: enables IT management to respond to disruptions or intrusions by guarding infrastructure, applications, and data through advanced levels of availability, comprehensive security, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: allows IT to optimize network service levels by providing secure, fast connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any place and at any moment throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a broad range of services that can help companies of any size create a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a reliable and protected foundation for current applications and future growth. Progent's consulting services include:
- Designing effective firewall protection configurations powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and troubleshooting protected VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access architectures in which single point breakdowns do not disrupt availability of services
- Setting up backup Internet providers with seamless failover based on BGP protocols. Progent can guide customers through the complete path of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses assigned, working with ISP carriers to prepare their environments, and configuring and testing customer equipment.
- Building segmented and secure VLAN environments to support VMware virtual server systems
- Planning, deploying and helping customers to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified rapidly and remediated before they disrupt productivity
- Designing, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can match expressed needs to the most cost-effective technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These solutions allow for transparent and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to create affordable network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various outside vendor products that allow network managers a useful real-time view into the activity of their data center's network
- Configuring and troubleshooting high-end data center capable routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 Series switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 7600 family routers.
To see more details concerning Progent's professional help for Cisco products, choose a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.