Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT resources to maximize the competitive value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have typically evolved in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a situation where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance requirements are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, security is poor, seemingly simple changes become major challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure is almost impossible.
Cisco's latest network products and technologies support a new generation of data center design that allows ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's engineers can assist you to select and deploy Cisco's connectivity products to create a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your data center operations in vital areas such as:
- Server and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can be realized from using Progent's Cisco-certified experts to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: enables IT to substantially reduce capital expenses through integration and higher utilization of previously separate equipment, slash maintenance costs through streamlining and automating management tasks, and reduce cooling and power bills.
- Greater Business Agility: permits IT to respond quickly to changing competitive demands by facilitating fast provisioning of application and infrastructure functions from common aggregations of consolidated processor, storage, and connectivity resources. This helps streamline administrative procedures and support policy-driven control.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: allows IT to respond to disruptions or attacks by safeguarding infrastructure, applications, and data through the highest levels of fault tolerance, pervasive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT management to optimize business service levels by implementing secure, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and data from any place and at any moment throughout the enterprise.
Progent's network consultants can provide a wide array of services that can enable businesses of all sizes implement a Cisco-based environment that will give your data center a stable and protected foundation for current applications and downstream expansion. Consulting services include:
- Designing effective firewall security solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and troubleshooting protected VPN connections for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing complete non-stop LAN and Internet connectivity architectures in which single point failures do not interrupt availability of services
- Setting up backup ISPs with seamless transfer using BGP protocols. Progent can guide clients along the entire chain of interaction with Internet authorities, having ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISPs to set up their systems, and deploying and testing client devices.
- Implementing segmented and secure VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Planning, deploying and assisting customers to manage proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be identified rapidly and defeated before they impact productivity
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can map customer requirements to the best technology and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such solutions allow for transparent and convenient growth, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design efficient network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various 3rd party solutions that offer network managers a useful real-time view into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center class routers and switches including the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 Series routers.
To see additional information concerning Progent's consulting support for Cisco technology, pick a topic:
In order to contact Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.