Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT assets to optimize the strategic value of an IT network. For small organizations, data centers have often grown in a haphazard manner, resulting in a situation where processors and storage devices are underutilized, usable communications bandwidth is overlooked, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are excessive, expansion or repurposing is costly, security is patchy, nominally minor changes turn into major challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure is almost undoable.
Cisco's latest networking products and tools support a new generation of data center design that permits ongoing improvements in processor, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to identify and implement Cisco's network technology to build a solid foundation for your data center and to streamline your operations in critical areas including:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The business advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Expertise for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: enables IT to substantially lower acquisition costs through consolidation and higher use of previously separate equipment, slash operational costs by simplifying and automating management jobs, and cut air conditioning and energy costs.
- More Business Agility: permits IT to respond quickly to changing competitive conditions by facilitating rapid provisioning of application and network services from shared pools of integrated server, disk, and connectivity resources. This can improve operational procedures and enable policy-based control.
- Better Business Resilience: allows IT management to defend against disruptions or attacks by guarding infrastructure, applications, and data through advanced levels of availability, comprehensive protection, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT to optimize business service levels by implementing secure, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and data from any place and at any moment throughout the enterprise.
Progent's network experts offer a wide array of services that can help organizations of all sizes design a Cisco-based environment that will offer your data center a dependable and secure basis for existing applications and downstream growth. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Designing effective firewall protection configurations powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity architectures so that single component failures do not interrupt availability of services
- Configuring multiple Internet providers with seamless transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can guide clients through the complete chain of paperwork with Internet supervisors, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with Internet Service Providers to set up their systems, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Implementing segmented and protected virtual LAN (VLAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server systems
- Designing, deploying and assisting clients to manage proactive IPS systems so that attacks can be identified rapidly and defeated so they don't disrupt productivity
- Designing, configuring, and supporting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can match expressed needs to the best technology and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs permit seamless and scalable expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design practical network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various 3rd party products that allow customers a useful real-time view into the operation of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances including the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
To learn additional information about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco products, pick a topic:
To contact Progent about professional help for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.