Data centers are the key to utilizing information technology resources to maximize the business value of a computer network. For small organizations, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal manner, creating a situation where servers and disks are underutilized, usable communications capacity is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, support demands are excessive, expansion or repurposing is costly, security is poor, nominally simple modifications turn into giant challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure becomes almost undoable.
Cisco's most recent networking products and tools support a new generation of data center architecture that allows ongoing improvements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and applications in a maintainable and affordable way. Progent's consultants can assist you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to create a robust basis for your data center and to improve your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Processor and disk utilization
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The key benefits that can accrue as a result of using Progent's Cisco-certified experts to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced total cost of ownership: permits IT to substantially lower acquisition expenses via integration and higher use of formerly isolated equipment, lower operational costs through streamlining and automating administrative jobs, and reduce air conditioning and power bills.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT management to react quickly to changing business demands by facilitating rapid deployment of application and infrastructure services from common pools of consolidated server, disk, and network technologies. This can improve administrative procedures and support policy-based control.
- Better Network Resilience: allows IT management to defend against disruptions or attacks by protecting connections, applications, and data with advanced levels of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: allows IT management to improve business service levels by providing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-hosted applications and information from anywhere and at any moment throughout the enterprise.
Progent's network experts offer a wide range of consulting services that can help organizations of all sizes build a Cisco-based architecture that will offer your data center a stable and protected basis for current applications and future expansion. Consulting services include:
- Building effective firewall security solutions powered by PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and integrating complete non-stop LAN and Internet connectivity systems so that single component breakdowns do not disrupt availability of services
- Setting up backup ISPs with transparent failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can help clients through the complete process of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, working with Internet Service Providers to set up their networks, and configuring and testing customer equipment.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN architectures to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Designing, installing and helping clients to administer 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be detected quickly and defeated before they disrupt your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can align customer needs to the most sensible solutions and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. These solutions permit seamless and scalable growth, dependability, performance, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to plan effective network management strategies based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various outside vendor products that allow network managers a powerful look into the operation of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center capable routers and switches including the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 family routers.
To find out more information about Progent's consulting support for Cisco solutions, select a subject:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about technical assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.