Data centers are the focal point of utilizing information technology resources to optimize the competitive value of an information system. For small businesses, data centers have typically evolved in a piecemeal fashion, creating a state where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, available communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance requirements are high, scaling or repurposing is expensive, protection is patchy, seemingly simple modifications become major hassles, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure is virtually undoable.
Cisco's latest networking devices and technologies support a new model of data center design that permits continual enhancements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's engineers can help you to identify and deploy Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a robust foundation for your data center and to improve your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Server and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
The important advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's network experts to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced total cost of ownership: allows IT to significantly lower acquisition expenses via consolidation and more efficient utilization of formerly isolated equipment, lower maintenance costs by streamlining and automating management jobs, and reduce air conditioning and power bills.
- More Business Agility: permits IT to respond dynamically to changing competitive conditions by allowing rapid deployment of application and infrastructure services from shared aggregations of integrated server, disk, and connectivity resources. This can improve administrative processes and enable policy-based management.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: allows IT management to react to disruptions or intrusions by guarding connections, applications, and information with advanced degrees of fault tolerance, comprehensive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: permits IT management to optimize network service levels by implementing safe, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any place and at any time throughout the organization.
Progent's network consultants offer a wide range of consulting services that can help companies of all sizes create a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a reliable and secure foundation for current applications and future growth. Progent's consulting services include:
- Designing efficient firewall protection solutions based on PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and supporting secure VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and integrating resilient zero-downtime LAN and Internet access architectures so that single component failures do not interrupt availability of services
- Configuring backup ISPs with transparent failover using BGP protocols. Progent can assist customers along the complete path of paperwork with Internet authorities, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allotted, dealing with Internet Service Providers to prepare their environments, and deploying and testing client equipment.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN architectures to compliment VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Architecting, deploying and helping customers to administer proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and defeated before they impact productivity
- Planning, configuring, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with clients, Progent can align customer requirements to the most cost-effective technology and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions permit transparent and convenient growth, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can design affordable network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor products that offer customers a powerful look into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center class routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 routers.
To learn additional details about Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco products, choose a subject:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about professional help for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.