Data centers are the focal point of utilizing IT resources to maximize the strategic value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal manner, creating a state where servers and storage devices are underutilized, available communications bandwidth is wasted, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, maintenance requirements are excessive, scaling or repurposing is costly, security is patchy, seemingly minor modifications become giant hassles, and full recovery from disastrous failure becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's latest network appliances and technologies enable a new generation of data center architecture that permits ongoing enhancements in processor, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's engineers can assist you to select and implement Cisco's network products to build a robust basis for your data center and to improve your data center operations in vital areas including:
- Processor and storage utilization
- Comprehensive security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The key advantages that can accrue as a result of using Progent's network experts to optimize your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Expertise for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: enables IT to substantially cut capital costs via integration and more efficient utilization of previously isolated network resources, slash maintenance expenses by simplifying and automating administrative jobs, and reduce cooling and power costs.
- More Business Flexibility: permits IT management to respond quickly to evolving competitive demands by allowing fast deployment of application and network services from shared aggregations of consolidated processor, storage, and network resources. This can streamline operational procedures and support policy-based control.
- Better Network Resilience: allows IT management to defend against breakdowns or intrusions by safeguarding connections, applications, and data with the highest levels of availability, pervasive protection, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT management to optimize network service levels by implementing safe, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and information from any location and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's network experts offer a wide array of consulting services that can help businesses of all sizes implement a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will offer your data center a stable and secure basis for current applications and future expansion. Support services feature:
- Building efficient firewall protection solutions using Cisco PIX and ASA firewall devices
- Installing and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile users
- Planning, and implementing complete non-stop switching, routing, and Internet access environments in which single point breakdowns do not interrupt delivery of services
- Setting up backup ISPs with seamless transfer using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can help clients through the entire process of interaction with Internet supervisors, having ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISP carriers to set up their environments, and deploying and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN architectures to compliment VMware virtual server deployments
- Designing, deploying and assisting customers to administer proactive intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that assaults can be identified rapidly and remediated so they don't impact your business
- Planning, configuring, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with clients, Progent can align customer needs to the most sensible technology and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs permit transparent and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent can plan affordable network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that present network managers a powerful look into the activity of their data center's infrastructure
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center capable routers and switches including the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 Series switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 Series switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 routers.
To learn additional details concerning Progent's consulting help for Cisco solutions, choose a topic:
In order to contact Progent about professional support for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.