Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT assets to maximize the strategic value of a computer network. For small companies, data centers have typically grown in a haphazard fashion, creating a state where servers and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications bandwidth is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is limited, support requirements are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is patchy, seemingly minor changes turn into giant challenges, and complete recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's most recent connectivity appliances and technologies enable a new model of data center design that allows ongoing improvements in server, storage, connectivity topology, and applications in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's engineers can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity technology to create a solid basis for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in critical areas including:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory issues
- Disaster recovery
The key advantages that can be realized from engaging Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to optimize your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Help for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: enables IT to significantly reduce acquisition expenses via integration and higher use of previously separate network resources, slash maintenance expenses through streamlining and automating management tasks, and cut cooling and power bills.
- More Business Agility: enables IT to respond dynamically to changing business conditions by allowing rapid deployment of application and infrastructure functions from shared aggregations of consolidated processor, storage, and network resources. This can streamline administrative processes and support policy-based control.
- Enhanced Business Robustness: allows IT to respond to disruptions or attacks by safeguarding connections, programs, and data through the highest degrees of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT management to optimize network service levels by implementing secure, fast access to data center-resident applications and data from any location and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's network consultants can provide a wide range of consulting services that can help organizations of any size implement a Cisco-based architecture that will offer your data center a reliable and protected foundation for current applications and future growth. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Designing efficient firewall security solutions based on PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate sites, and mobile workers
- Designing, and integrating resilient zero-downtime LAN and Internet connectivity architectures so that single component failures do not interrupt productivity
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with seamless transfer using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Progent can assist customers along the entire chain of interaction with Internet authorities, having ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their systems, and configuring and testing client equipment.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server deployments
- Planning, installing and helping customers to manage 24x7 intrusion prevention systems (IPS) so that attacks can be identified quickly and defeated so they don't impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and supporting load balancing systems. Consulting with clients, Progent can align expressed needs to the best solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs allow for seamless and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design affordable network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and various 3rd party solutions that allow network managers a useful look into the health of their data center's network
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center class infrastructure appliances such as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 family routers.
To see more information concerning Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco solutions, choose a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about technical expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.