Data centers are the focal point of leveraging IT assets to optimize the strategic value of an information system. For small organizations, data centers have often evolved in a haphazard manner, resulting in a state where servers and disks are underutilized, available communications bandwidth is overlooked, collaboration and information sharing is minimal, support requirements are high, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, security is poor, seemingly minor changes turn into major challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure is almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent networking appliances and technologies enable a new generation of data center design that allows continual improvements in processor, storage, network topology, and applications in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's consultants can help you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity technology to build a robust foundation for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas including:
- Processor and disk utilization
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The business advantages that can be realized from using Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Lower costs: permits IT to substantially reduce capital costs through consolidation and more efficient use of formerly isolated network resources, slash operational costs by streamlining and automating management jobs, and reduce HVAC and power costs.
- More Business Agility: permits IT management to react dynamically to changing competitive demands by allowing rapid provisioning of application and network functions from common aggregations of integrated processor, storage, and connectivity resources. This helps improve administrative procedures and support policy-based management.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: allows IT to react to breakdowns or intrusions by protecting connections, programs, and information with advanced degrees of availability, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: allows IT to improve business service levels by providing secure, fast connectivity to data center-hosted applications and information from any location and at any moment throughout the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a broad range of consulting services that can help companies of any size implement a Cisco-powered environment that will offer your data center a dependable and protected basis for current applications and future growth. Support services feature:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions based on PIX and ASA firewall appliances
- Deploying and supporting secure VPN access for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Planning, and implementing resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet access environments in which single point failures do not interrupt delivery of services
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with seamless transfer using BGP protocols. Progent can assist clients through the entire process of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with Internet Service Providers to set up their systems, and deploying and testing customer equipment.
- Implementing segmented and secure VLAN architectures to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Planning, deploying and assisting customers to administer proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be detected rapidly and defeated so they don't disrupt your business
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can map customer requirements to the most sensible technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. These designs allow for transparent and scalable growth, dependability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can plan affordable network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of outside vendor products that allow network managers a useful real-time view into the health of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced data center capable routers and switches such as the Cisco Catalyst 4500 and 6500 family switches, Cisco Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 routers.
For more details about Progent's engineering support for Cisco technology, pick a topic:
If you wish to contact Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.