Data centers are the focal point of utilizing IT assets to optimize the strategic value of a computer network. For small companies, data centers have typically evolved in a piecemeal fashion, resulting in a situation where processors and disks are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are high, scaling or reconfiguring is costly, protection is patchy, seemingly minor changes become major challenges, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns becomes virtually undoable.
Cisco's most recent network appliances and technologies support a new generation of data center design that permits continual enhancements in server, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and cost-effective way. Progent's engineers can assist you to select and implement Cisco's connectivity technology to build a robust basis for your data center and to improve your data center operations in critical areas such as:
- Processor and disk efficiency
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The key benefits that can accrue from using Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to enhance your data center include:
Samples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower TCO: enables IT to significantly cut acquisition costs via integration and higher utilization of previously separate equipment, slash operational expenses by streamlining and automating management tasks, and reduce air conditioning and energy costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: permits IT to react dynamically to evolving business demands by facilitating rapid deployment of application and infrastructure functions from shared pools of consolidated server, storage, and connectivity resources. This helps improve administrative processes and enable policy-based control.
- Enhanced Business Resilience: allows IT management to respond to disruptions or intrusions by safeguarding connections, programs, and data through advanced degrees of availability, comprehensive protection, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: permits IT to optimize business service levels by implementing secure, accelerated connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from any location and at any moment throughout the organization.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants can provide a wide range of services that can help organizations of all sizes implement a Cisco-based environment that will give your data center a dependable and secure basis for current applications and future growth. Professional services include:
- Designing efficient firewall security configurations powered by Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Installing and supporting secure Virtual Private Network connections for connecting data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile users
- Planning, and integrating complete fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity environments in which single component failures do not disrupt operation of the network
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with seamless failover based on Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can assist customers along the complete path of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with Internet Service Providers to set up their systems, and deploying and testing client equipment.
- Building segmented and protected VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Architecting, installing and assisting customers to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be identified quickly and defeated so they don't impact productivity
- Designing, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Working with clients, Progent can align expressed needs to the best technology and deploy load balancing at the application level, server level, or network infrastructure layer. These solutions permit seamless and convenient expansion, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to design effective network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor solutions that offer network managers a useful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center capable infrastructure appliances such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 5000, 6000, and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 routers.
To learn additional details concerning Progent's engineering support for Cisco products, select a subject:
If you wish to ask Progent about professional support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.