Data centers are the focal point of leveraging information technology resources to maximize the strategic value of a computer network. For small businesses, data centers have typically grown in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a state where servers and storage devices are deployed inefficiently, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, support demands are excessive, expansion or repurposing is costly, protection is poor, nominally simple changes become giant hassles, and full recovery from disastrous breakdowns is almost impossible.
Cisco's most recent connectivity devices and technologies enable a new generation of data center architecture that permits continual enhancements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and affordable way. Progent's engineers can assist you to select and implement Cisco's network solutions to create a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in vital areas such as:
- Processor and storage utilization
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server consolidation
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster recovery
The key benefits that can be realized from using Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced ownership cost: permits IT to substantially reduce acquisition costs through consolidation and more efficient utilization of previously isolated network resources, slash operational expenses by simplifying and automating administrative tasks, and reduce HVAC and power costs.
- More Business Flexibility: enables IT to respond quickly to changing business conditions by allowing rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure services from common aggregations of consolidated processor, storage, and connectivity resources. This can streamline administrative processes and enable policy-based management.
- Better Business Robustness: allows IT to react to disruptions or attacks by guarding connections, programs, and data with the highest degrees of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and disaster recovery.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT to optimize network service levels by implementing safe, fast access to data center-resident applications and information from any place and at any time across the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco experts offer a broad array of services that can help companies of all sizes implement a Cisco-powered infrastructure that will offer your data center a reliable and protected foundation for existing applications and downstream growth. Progent's consulting services feature:
- Building effective firewall security solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile workers
- Planning, and integrating complete zero-downtime LAN and Internet access architectures in which single point failures do not interrupt productivity
- Setting up backup ISPs with transparent transfer using BGP protocols. Progent can guide customers through the complete chain of interaction with Internet supervisors, having Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with ISPs to prepare their networks, and configuring and testing client equipment.
- Building segmented and protected virtual LAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server deployments
- Architecting, installing and helping clients to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that attacks can be identified quickly and defeated before they impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing solutions. Consulting with customers, Progent can align expressed needs to the best technology and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Such designs allow for seamless and convenient growth, reliability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent can plan effective network management solutions using Simple Network Management Protocol and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and various outside vendor solutions that present customers a powerful look into the health of their data center's infrastructure
- Configuring and supporting high-end data center class routers and switches including the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 switches, Cisco Nexus 6000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7600 and 12000 Series routers.
To see more details about Progent's professional support for Cisco technology, pick a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about engineering support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.