Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology assets to maximize the competitive value of an information system. For small companies, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal fashion, resulting in a situation where servers and disks are underutilized, usable communications capacity is wasted, teamwork and information sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are high, scaling or repurposing is costly, security is patchy, nominally simple changes become major hassles, and full recovery from catastrophic breakdowns becomes almost impossible.
Cisco's latest network products and tools enable a new model of data center design that permits continual enhancements in server, storage, connectivity topology, and applications in a manageable and cost-effective way. Progent's Cisco-certified professionals can help you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a solid basis for your data center and to improve your operations in critical areas including:
- Server and storage efficiency
- Comprehensive security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory compliance
- Business continuance
The key benefits that can accrue from using Progent's network consultants to streamline your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Services for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced TCO: enables IT management to significantly lower acquisition expenses via consolidation and more efficient utilization of formerly isolated equipment, slash operational expenses by simplifying and automating management tasks, and reduce cooling and power costs.
- More Business Agility: permits IT to respond dynamically to changing competitive conditions by allowing fast deployment of application and infrastructure services from shared aggregations of consolidated server, storage, and connectivity resources. This can improve administrative procedures and enable policy-based control.
- Enhanced Network Robustness: enables IT to react to breakdowns or intrusions by protecting connections, applications, and information with the highest degrees of fault tolerance, comprehensive security, and business continuance.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT to improve business service levels by providing secure, fast connectivity to data center-resident applications and data from anywhere and at any moment throughout the enterprise.
Progent's certified Cisco consultants offer a broad range of consulting services that can enable organizations of any size build a Cisco-based architecture that will offer your data center a stable and secure basis for existing applications and downstream growth. Consulting services feature:
- Designing efficient firewall security configurations based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall products
- Deploying and troubleshooting secure VPN access for connecting data centers to other data centers, business offices, and mobile workers
- Designing, and integrating complete non-stop switching, routing, and Internet connectivity architectures so that single component breakdowns do not interrupt productivity
- Configuring multiple ISPs with seamless failover using BGP protocols. Progent can guide clients along the complete process of paperwork with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with ISP carriers to prepare their environments, and deploying and checking client equipment.
- Implementing segmented and protected VLAN environments to compliment VMware virtual server deployments
- Planning, installing and assisting clients to administer 24x7 IPS systems so that assaults can be identified quickly and defeated so they don't impact your business
- Designing, configuring, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Consulting with clients, Progent can align expressed needs to the appropriate solutions and implement load balancing at the application level, server level, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Such solutions allow for seamless and convenient growth, reliability, security, and fault tolerance.
- Progent can create practical network management strategies using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Cisco's open Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and CiscoWorks and a variety of 3rd party solutions that offer network managers a useful look into the activity of their data center's network
- Setting up and supporting advanced data center capable routers and switches such as the Catalyst 6500 and 6800 Series switches, Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
To see additional information about Progent's professional help for Cisco products, choose a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about consulting help for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.