Data centers are the key to utilizing IT assets to optimize the business value of an IT network. For small companies, data centers have typically evolved in a haphazard fashion, creating a situation where servers and disks are underutilized, usable communications bandwidth is overlooked, collaboration and knowledge sharing is minimal, maintenance demands are high, expansion or reconfiguring is expensive, security is poor, seemingly simple changes turn into major challenges, and complete recovery from disastrous breakdowns is almost undoable.
Cisco's latest networking products and technologies enable a new model of data center architecture that allows ongoing enhancements in server, storage, network infrastructure, and application technologies in a manageable and economical way. Progent's consultants can assist you to identify and implement Cisco's connectivity solutions to build a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your data center processes in critical areas such as:
- Processor and storage efficiency
- End-to-end security enforcement
- Processor proliferation
- Regulatory issues
- Business continuance
The business advantages that can accrue as a result of engaging Progent's network consultants to enhance your data center include:
Examples of Progent's Consulting Expertise for Cisco-powered Data Centers
- Lower total cost of ownership: enables IT to significantly reduce capital costs via consolidation and higher utilization of previously separate equipment, lower operational expenses by simplifying and automating management tasks, and cut HVAC and power costs.
- More Business Agility: enables IT management to react dynamically to changing business conditions by facilitating fast deployment of application and network services from shared aggregations of integrated processor, storage, and network resources. This can improve administrative procedures and support policy-driven management.
- Better Business Robustness: enables IT management to respond to breakdowns or attacks by guarding infrastructure, applications, and information with advanced degrees of fault tolerance, pervasive security, and disaster recovery.
- Improved Service Levels: enables IT management to optimize business service levels by providing secure, accelerated access to data center-hosted applications and information from any place and at any moment across the organization.
Progent's network consultants can provide a wide range of consulting services that can help companies of any size create a Cisco-based infrastructure that will offer your data center a dependable and secure foundation for current applications and downstream growth. Progent's consulting services include:
- Building effective firewall protection solutions based on Cisco PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and supporting protected Virtual Private Network access for linking data centers to other data centers, business sites, and mobile users
- Designing, and implementing complete zero-downtime switching, routing, and Internet connectivity environments in which single point breakdowns do not interrupt operation of the network
- Setting up multiple Internet providers with transparent transfer based on BGP protocols. Progent can assist customers through the entire chain of interaction with Internet supervisors, getting Autonomous System numbers and IP addresses allocated, dealing with ISPs to prepare their environments, and configuring and checking client devices.
- Building segmented and secure virtual LAN (VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Designing, deploying and helping customers to manage proactive IPS systems so that assaults can be identified rapidly and remediated so they don't impact your business
- Planning, setting up, and troubleshooting load balancing systems. Working with customers, Progent can match customer requirements to the appropriate solutions and implement load balancing at the application and server levels, or network infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing solutions allow for transparent and convenient expansion, reliability, performance, and fault tolerance.
- Progent knows how to design affordable network management solutions based on Simple Network Management Protocol and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of 3rd party solutions that offer network managers a useful look into the operation of their data center's network
- Setting up and troubleshooting high-end data center class infrastructure appliances such as the Catalyst 4500, 6500, and 6800 Series switches, Nexus 5000 and 7000 family switches, and Cisco 7200, 7600, and 12000 routers.
To learn additional details about Progent's engineering help for Cisco products, pick a topic:
In order to contact Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.