Data centers are the key to leveraging information technology assets to maximize the strategic value of a computer network. For small organizations, data centers have often grown in a piecemeal manner, resulting in a situation where processors and storage devices are underutilized, available communications capacity is wasted, collaboration and knowledge sharing is limited, maintenance demands are excessive, scaling or reconfiguring is expensive, protection is patchy, nominally minor modifications turn into major challenges, and complete recovery from catastrophic failure is almost undoable.
Cisco's latest networking appliances and technologies support a new model of data center architecture that allows ongoing improvements in processor, storage, network topology, and application technologies in a maintainable and economical way. Progent's engineers can assist you to select and deploy Cisco's network products to create a robust basis for your data center and to streamline your data center operations in vital areas including:
The business advantages that can accrue as a result of using Progent's Cisco-certified consultants to enhance your data center include:
- Server and storage efficiency
- End-to-end security policy enforcement
- Server proliferation
- Regulatory compliance
- Disaster recovery
Examples of Progent's Professional Help for Cisco-based Data Centers
- Reduced total cost of ownership: enables IT management to substantially lower capital expenses via integration and more efficient use of previously separate network resources, lower maintenance expenses by simplifying and automating administrative jobs, and reduce air conditioning and energy costs.
- Greater Business Flexibility: enables IT management to react dynamically to changing competitive demands by facilitating fast provisioning of application and network services from common aggregations of consolidated server, storage, and network resources. This can improve administrative procedures and enable policy-based management.
- Better Network Robustness: enables IT to react to disruptions or attacks by guarding infrastructure, applications, and information with advanced degrees of fault tolerance, comprehensive protection, and business continuance.
- Optimized Service Levels: enables IT to optimize business service levels by providing secure, fast connectivity to data center-resident applications and information from any place and at any time across the organization.
Progent's network consultants can provide a broad range of services that can help companies of any size implement a Cisco-based architecture that will offer your data center a dependable and secure foundation for existing applications and future expansion. Consulting services include:
Contact Progent for Consulting Support for Cisco-based Datacenters
- Building effective firewall protection configurations using PIX and ASA firewall technology
- Deploying and troubleshooting protected Virtual Private Network access for linking data centers to other data centers, corporate offices, and mobile workers
- Planning, and integrating resilient fault tolerant switching, routing, and Internet connectivity environments in which single component breakdowns do not disrupt delivery of services
- Setting up multiple ISPs with transparent failover using Border Gateway Protocol. Progent can help clients through the entire chain of interaction with Internet authorities, getting ASN numbers and IP addresses assigned, dealing with ISPs to prepare their environments, and deploying and testing client devices.
- Implementing segmented and secure VLAN environments to support VMware and Microsoft virtual server systems
- Designing, installing and assisting customers to manage 24x7 IPS systems so that attacks can be identified rapidly and remediated before they disrupt your business
- Planning, configuring, and supporting load balancing systems. Working with clients, Progent can align customer needs to the most cost-effective solutions and deploy load balancing at the application and server levels, or connectivity infrastructure layer. Progent's load balancing designs allow for seamless and scalable expansion, dependability, security, and redundancy.
- Progent knows how to design effective network management solutions using SNMP and Netflow protocols, along with Cisco Security Manager and a variety of outside vendor products that present network managers a powerful look into the health of their data center's network
- Configuring and supporting advanced data center capable routers and switches including the Catalyst 4500 and 4948 switches, Nexus 6000 and 7000 switches, and Cisco 7200 and 12000 family routers.
To talk to a Progent representative about consulting services for Cisco-powered datacenters, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
To see additional details concerning Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco networking products, pick a topic:
If you wish to contact Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.