As the world's number one source of networking solutions, Cisco provides the most complete line of appliances and technologies for enabling Internet Service Providers to sell highly secure, expandable, feature-rich voice, video, and data services. Progent's Cisco- Premier engineers have extensive backgrounds serving the special requirements of Internet Service Providers by helping them to design, deploy, and support high-availability, scalable systems appropriate for public network applications.
Services offered to ISPs from Progent's Cisco networking engineers include:
- Design and deploy ISP infrastructure that lowers equipment and operating expense and streamlines network management
- Configure and troubleshoot advanced ATM and MPLS service aggregation solutions offering DSL, ATM, and T1 access to extensive client populations
- Manage the seamless switchover between backbones and configure peering and Border Gateway Protocol mechanisms
- Assist in deploying Cisco's software management tools, upgrade IOS software configurations, cooperate with Cisco internal support experts in identifying and obtaining resolutions to sophisticated software bugs, and performing upgrades and relocations of appliances and interfaces
- Create specialized system and bandwidth accounting solutions for customer bill back
- Build network management engines that quickly detect and block the impacts of Distributed Denial of Service attacks
- Plan and configure metro network environments and distributed Points of Presence (POPs)
- Help with scaling and administration of metropolitan wireless mesh technology networks
Progent's Cisco Qualified Consulting Services for Cisco IOS Software Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
Cisco IOS MPLS enables service providers to implement smart networks that support a wide variety of services over one infrastructure. This economical technology can be deployed seamlessly across any existing environment, such as IP, Frame Relay, or 10BASE-T. Since MPLS is independent of connectivity technologies, subscribers with differing access links can be combined on an Multiprotocol Label Switching edge without changing their existing environments.
Combining MPLS application pieces such as layers 3 and 2 VPNs, MPLS-Traffic Engineering (TE), QoS, Generalized MPLS (GMPLS), and IPV6 allows the creation of highly efficient, expandable, and protected network environments that guarantee SLAs.
Service providers can reduce their time to profitability by as much as 25% and realize an additional 50% of throughput capability by implementing MPLS VPNs, MPLS Quality of Service, and MPLS Traffic Engineering as opposed to merely providing the bare bones functions of VPNs. Progent's Cisco CCIE consultants can assist Internet service providers with the planning, configuration, deployment, and management of intelligent public network solutions that derive all the benefits of MPLS technology to optimize bandwidth, deliver protected connectivity, and meet SLAs.
To learn additional information concerning Progent's engineering support for Cisco networking products, pick a topic:
In order to contact Progent about consulting assistance for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.