As the market's leader in networking products, Cisco provides the most complete line of hardware, software, and technologies for enabling ISPs to sell safe, expandable, feature-rich mixed media services. Progent's Cisco CCIE and CNA Premier network engineers have extensive backgrounds serving the special requirements of Internet Service Providers by helping service providers to architect, implement, and support fault-tolerant, expandable systems appropriate for shared public network applications.
Consulting services available to ISPs from Progent's Cisco-certified experts include:
- Plan and implement Internet Service Provider network that minimizes capital and operating costs and simplifies system support
- Set up and troubleshoot advanced ATM and Multiprotocol Label Switching WAN aggregation solutions offering DSL, ATM, and T1 connectivity to extensive customer populations
- Handle the seamless switchover between backbones and set up peering and Border Gateway Protocol solutions
- Assist in install Cisco's software control tools, upgrade Cisco IOS software implementations, work with Cisco staff engineers in isolating and obtaining resolutions to sophisticated software bugs, and performing upgrades and relocations of appliances and interfaces
- Develop specialized system and bandwidth accounting solutions for client billing
- Implement network monitoring engines that quickly identify and defend against the damage of Denial of Service attacks
- Design and integrate metro network configurations and distributed POPs
- Help with scaling and managing of metro Wi-Fi mesh networks
Progent's Cisco Qualified Consulting for Cisco IOS Software MPLS
Cisco IOS Software MPLS allows Internet Service Providers to build smart networks that support a wide range of services over a single infrastructure. This cost-effective solution can be integrated transparently across any existing environment, such as internet protocol, Frame Relay, or 10BASE-T. Since Multiprotocol Label Switching is independent of access technologies, subscribers with differing connectivity links can be aggregated on an MPLS edge without modifying their existing systems.
Integration of Multiprotocol Label Switching application pieces including Layer 3 VPNs, Layer 2 VPNs, MPLS-Traffic Engineering (TE), QoS, GMPLS, and IPV6 protocol allows the development of highly efficient, expandable, and protected network environments that guarantee Service Level Agreements.
Internet service providers can accelerate their time to break even by up to 25% and realize an extra 50% of bandwidth availability by deploying MPLS VPNs, MPLS Quality of Service, and MPLS Traffic Engineering instead of only installing the bare bones functions of Virtual Private Networks. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE engineers can assist service providers with the design, configuration, deployment, and provisioning of large public network environments that take full advantage of MPLS technology to optimize throughput, deliver protected connectivity, and meet service-level agreement (SLA) guarantees.
For more information concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco products, select a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about technical assistance for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.