As the market's leader in networking solutions, Cisco offers the most extensive range of hardware, software, and technologies for allowing ISPs to deliver safe, expandable, value-added voice, video, and data services. Progent's Cisco- Certified engineers have experience addressing the special requirements of Internet Service Providers by helping service providers to architect, deploy, and support fault-tolerant, scalable network solutions appropriate for shared public network applications.
Consulting services available to ISPs from Progent's Cisco-certified engineers include:
- Design and implement Internet Service Provider network that minimizes equipment and support costs and streamlines network administration
- Set up and maintain high-end ATM and Multiprotocol Label Switching WAN aggregation solutions offering DSL, ATM, and T1 connectivity to extensive client populations
- Handle the seamless switchover between backbone providers and configure peering and Border Gateway Protocol mechanisms
- Help in install Cisco's software control solutions, upgrade IOS software configurations, work with Cisco staff engineers in identifying and obtaining resolutions to sophisticated software problems, and performing migrations of appliances and interfaces
- Create specialized system and bandwidth accounting applications for client billing
- Implement system monitoring platforms that quickly detect and block the damage of DDoS attacks
- Plan and integrate metropolitan network configurations and distributed POPs
- Help with expanding and administration of metropolitan wireless mesh networks
Progent's Cisco-certified Consulting Services for Cisco IOS Software Multiprotocol Label Switching
Cisco IOS Multiprotocol Label Switching allows ISPs to implement intelligent networks that deliver a wide variety of services over a single system. This cost-effective technology can be integrated transparently over any existing environment, such as IP, ATM, or 10BASE-T. Because Multiprotocol Label Switching is independent of access protocols, subscribers with differing connectivity interfaces can be aggregated on an Multiprotocol Label Switching edge without modifying their existing systems.
Combining MPLS application components including layers 3 and 2 VPNs, Traffic Engineering (TE), MPLS QoS, GMPLS, and IPV6 protocol enables the creation of fast, expandable, and secure networks that guarantee SLAs.
ISPs can accelerate their time to break even by as much as a quarter and achieve an extra 50% of throughput availability by deploying MPLS Virtual Private Networks, MPLS QoS, and MPLS Traffic Engineering instead of only providing the conventional functions of VPNs. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE consultants can help ISPs with the design, set up, deployment, and provisioning of next-generation public network environments that derive all the benefits of MPLS technology to maximize bandwidth, deliver safe connectivity, and meet service level agreements.
To find out more information concerning Progent's engineering support for Cisco products, pick a topic:
In order to contact Progent about technical support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.