Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size companies provide a complete set of easy-to-manage security devices and utilities to help you to secure your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your organization to choose and integrate Virtual Private Network and security technologies that work optimally with your business.
Cisco provides multiple options for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, so you can choose the option that best fits your operational requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption cards, or with physical devices, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are simple to deploy and administer and offer the flexibility to evolve along with changing operational needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of products designed for stopping information theft, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-based features incorporated into switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network support designed into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software device to allow or deny connectivity to the network or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall features designed into routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for uncovering intrusions inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for detecting, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector built into a firewall to sense and report attacks at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to find and document intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to sense and document attacks at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Central access control mechanism for authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security professionals can show you how to design protection into your business processes. Progent can assist you to develop a documented security strategy to establish clear security policies, deploy monitoring and auditing software, create and implement a protected connectivity architecture that incorporates products from a variety of vendors, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting and
Microsoft Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about procedures to optimize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote access to email and business data, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
To find out additional details about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco products, pick a subject:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about professional assistance for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.