Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized companies offer a comprehensive range of manageable network protection devices and utilities to allow you to protect your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive product line of security and Virtual Private Network solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your company to choose and deploy VPN and security technologies that work optimally with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several options for configuring a Virtual Private Network system, allowing you to select the option that most closely aligns with your operational requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module encryption cards, or with physical appliances, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to integrate and administer and provide the flexibility to grow with future business requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products aimed at preventing stealing data, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software device for configuring and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch based: Identity-focused functions integrated into Cisco switches
- Router based: Virtual Private Network functionality incorporated into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software device to permit or block access to the infrastructure or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall capability built into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for detecting penetrations inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for finding, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor within a Cisco firewall to detect and document attacks at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability within a Cisco Catalyst Switch to find and document intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector within a switch to detect and report penetrations at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access management framework for user validation, authorization, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution to provision configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent Can Help You with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to build security into your business operations. Progent can assist you to develop a written security strategy to define clear policies, deploy monitoring and auditing software, design and implement a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes products from diverse vendors, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and advise you about procedures to optimize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote connectivity to email and business information, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
To find out more information about Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco products, select a topic:
In order to contact Progent about technical help for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.