Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a complete range of easy-to-manage security products and technologies to allow you to secure your entire connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network solutions includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your organization to select and deploy VPN and protection solutions that align best with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers multiple options for implementing a VPN system, allowing you to choose the approach that most closely fits your operational needs. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module encryption cards, or with hardware appliances, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to integrate and manage and offer the flexibility to grow with future operational needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive line of security offerings aimed at stopping data theft, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service assaults, and other threats to your system. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused functions incorporated into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network support built into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to allow or deny connectivity to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for uncovering intrusions inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for uncovering, mitigating, and reporting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor incorporated into a firewall to detect and report penetrations at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor within a Cisco switch to find and document penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector within a switch to find and document intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS: Central access control mechanism for user validation, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to help you to select, integrate, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to design security into your business processes. Progent can help you to produce a documented security plan to establish precise security policies, deploy monitoring and tracking utilities, design and install a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates technology from a variety of vendors, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support services and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and advise you about procedures to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a firewall, design safe remote connectivity to messaging and corporate information, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
For more information about Progent's engineering support for Cisco products, pick a topic:
To contact Progent about professional assistance for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.