Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size companies provide a comprehensive set of manageable security devices and utilities to help you to safeguard your wired and wireless network infrastructure. Cisco's extensive product line of security and VPN technologies features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your company to select and integrate VPN and protection technologies that align optimally with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for configuring a VPN system, so you can choose the option that most closely fits your business requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption cards, or with hardware appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are simple to deploy and administer and provide the flexibility to evolve with changing operational needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive line of security offerings designed for preventing information theft, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other dangers to your system. Categories and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based features integrated into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network functionality incorporated into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to allow or deny access to the network or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall functions integrated into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for uncovering penetrations inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for uncovering, mitigating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Cisco firewall to find and document penetrations at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor within a Cisco switch to detect and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to detect and report intrusions at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned access control framework for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent Can Help You with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to assist you to choose, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security professionals can show you how to build protection into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security plan to establish precise policies, install scanning and tracking software, create and install a secure network architecture that includes technology from diverse network companies, offer Microsoft ISA 2006 Server consulting and
Microsoft Forefront TMG configuration help, and recommend steps to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a firewall, design safe remote connectivity to messaging and business data, and install or repair VPNs.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
For more details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco solutions, choose a subject:
To ask Progent about consulting help for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.