Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) offer a complete set of easy-to-manage network protection products and technologies to enable you to secure your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can help your company to choose and deploy VPN and security solutions that work best with your business.
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for configuring a VPN solution, so you can select the option that most closely fits your business requirements. You can install both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption boards, or with hardware units, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated Virtual Private Network server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to integrate and manage and provide the flexibility to evolve along with changing operational requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products designed for preventing information theft, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and administering VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused features integrated into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN capability integrated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to allow or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall features designed into routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for finding intrusions inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for uncovering, remediating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector incorporated into a firewall to find and document intrusions at the network perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Catalyst switch to find and report penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to detect and report attacks at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS: Central user access management framework for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution to provision configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can show you how to build security into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to produce a written security strategy to define precise security policies, install monitoring and auditing software, design and install a protected network architecture that incorporates technology from a variety of network companies, provide Microsoft ISA 2006 Server support and
Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and advise you about procedures to optimize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote and mobile connectivity to email and corporate data, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
To learn additional information about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco networking products, choose a subject:
To ask Progent about technical support for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.