Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) offer a complete range of easy-to-manage security devices and utilities to allow you to safeguard your entire network environment. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can assist your company to choose and integrate VPN and protection solutions that align best with your business.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several options for configuring a VPN solution, allowing you to choose the option that most closely fits your operational needs. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption boards, or with hardware devices, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to deploy and manage and offer the flexibility to grow along with your changing business needs.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of security offerings aimed at preventing stealing information, virus outbreaks, DDoS attacks, and other threats to your network. Categories and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switch based: Identity-based features integrated into switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN capability integrated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to allow or deny connectivity to the network or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall features integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering penetrations within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for uncovering, remediating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector incorporated into a firewall to detect and document intrusions at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to find and report intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector incorporated into a switch to find and document attacks at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized access control mechanism for authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent Can Assist You with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or certified CCNP to assist you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security professionals can show you how to design security into your business operations. Progent can assist you to produce a written security plan to establish clear security policies, install monitoring and tracking software, design and implement a protected network infrastructure that incorporates products from a variety of vendors, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting services and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and advise you about procedures to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a firewall, set up secure remote access to email and corporate data, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
To learn additional details about Progent's professional help for Cisco technology, choose a topic:
In order to ask Progent about professional help for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.