Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized businesses provide a comprehensive set of manageable security hardware and software to allow you to secure your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, IDS, and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your company to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and security technologies that work optimally with your environment.
Cisco provides multiple alternatives for configuring a VPN system, so you can select the approach that most closely fits your operational requirements. You can install both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption cards, or with hardware appliances, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are easy to integrate and manage and offer the flexibility to evolve with your changing business needs.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a comprehensive line of products designed for preventing data theft, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service attacks, and other threats to your system. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused features integrated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN features built into routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software device to permit or deny access to the infrastructure or applications
- Router based: Firewall features designed into routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for uncovering intrusions inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for detecting, mitigating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco firewall to detect and document intrusions at the network perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor within a Catalyst switch to sense and report intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor built into a switch to sense and document penetrations at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central access management framework for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent's Consultants Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security professionals can advise you about how to build protection into your company's processes. Progent can help you to create a written security strategy to define precise security policies, deploy scanning and tracking utilities, create and install a secure connectivity infrastructure that incorporates products from a variety of vendors, offer Microsoft ISA 2006 Server consulting services and
Microsoft Forefront TMG integration, and recommend steps to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, design safe remote and mobile access to email and corporate information, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
To find out more information concerning Progent's consulting support for Cisco solutions, choose a subject:
In order to get in touch with Progent about engineering support for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.