Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized companies offer a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage network protection devices and utilities to help you to secure your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your company to choose and integrate Virtual Private Network and security technologies that align optimally with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides several options for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can choose the option that most closely aligns with your business requirements. You can install both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and AIM encryption cards, or with hardware devices, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and manage and provide the flexibility to grow with changing business needs.
Products Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of products designed for stopping stealing data, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other threats to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-based features integrated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: Virtual Private Network support built into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software device to allow or deny access to the infrastructure or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall features integrated into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for uncovering attacks internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for detecting, mitigating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector within a firewall to detect and report penetrations at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector incorporated into a Cisco switch to sense and document attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to detect and report attacks at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized access control framework for user validation, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism to provision configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security professionals can show you how to design security into your business operations. Progent can help you to develop a documented security plan to establish precise policies, install monitoring and auditing utilities, design and install a secure network architecture that includes technology from a variety of vendors, offer Microsoft ISA 2006 Server support services and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and advise you about procedures to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, design safe remote and mobile connectivity to email and corporate data, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
To learn more information about Progent's engineering support for Cisco solutions, choose a subject:
In order to contact Progent about professional assistance for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.