Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a complete range of easy-to-manage network protection products and technologies to allow you to protect your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies features routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your organization to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that work best with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides multiple options for implementing a VPN system, allowing you to choose the option that most closely fits your operational requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and AIM hardware encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to deploy and administer and provide the versatility to evolve along with your changing operational needs.
Products Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a full catalog of products aimed at stopping information theft, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other threats to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused functions designed into Cisco switches
- Router based: VPN capability incorporated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to permit or block connectivity to the network or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall capability designed into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for detecting penetrations internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for finding, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector within a firewall to sense and report intrusions at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector within a Cisco switch to find and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to find and report penetrations at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned access management framework for user validation, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for device configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to design security into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to create a documented security strategy to establish precise policies, deploy scanning and auditing utilities, create and implement a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes products from diverse vendors, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and recommend procedures to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a firewall, set up safe remote and mobile access to email and corporate data, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
To see more information about Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco technology, select a topic:
If you wish to contact Progent about consulting support for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.