Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size companies provide a complete range of easy-to-manage network protection devices and utilities to enable you to protect your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your company to select and deploy VPN and protection technologies that align optimally with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers multiple options for configuring a Virtual Private Network system, allowing you to select the option that most closely fits your operational needs. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption cards, or with physical units, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to integrate and manage and provide the versatility to grow along with your changing operational needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products designed for stopping stealing data, virus infections, Denial of Service assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for configuring and administering VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused features incorporated into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features integrated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to allow or deny connectivity to the network or applications
- Router based: Firewall functions built into Cisco routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for uncovering attacks within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for detecting, remediating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector built into a firewall to detect and document intrusions at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor built into a switch to sense and document attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector incorporated into a switch to find and report intrusions at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access control framework for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to assist you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can show you how to build protection into your business processes. Progent can assist you to produce a written security plan to establish clear policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, create and implement a secure network architecture that includes technology from diverse vendors, offer Microsoft ISA 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and recommend steps to optimize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you configure a firewall, design secure remote and mobile access to email and corporate data, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
For more information about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco solutions, pick a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about consulting support for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.