Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size businesses offer a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage network protection devices and utilities to enable you to safeguard your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN access concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your organization to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that align optimally with your business.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers several options for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, allowing you to choose the option that most closely aligns with your business requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to integrate and administer and provide the flexibility to evolve with future business requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a full line of security offerings designed for preventing information theft, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other dangers to your system. Classifications and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused functions incorporated into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability incorporated into routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to allow or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Router based: Firewall capability designed into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for detecting penetrations within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for finding, remediating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability within a firewall to detect and document penetrations at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to sense and report attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to find and report intrusions at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access control mechanism for authentication, authorization, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism to provision configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security professionals can advise you about how to design protection into your business processes. Progent can help you to develop a documented security strategy to establish clear security policies, deploy scanning and auditing software, create and install a protected network architecture that incorporates technology from diverse network companies, provide Microsoft ISA 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG integration, and recommend steps to optimize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a firewall, design safe remote access to messaging and corporate information, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
To see additional information about Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco products, choose a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about technical expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.