Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) offer a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage security products and technologies to enable you to secure your entire network environment. Cisco's extensive product line of security and Virtual Private Network technologies features routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your organization to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that align optimally with your business.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers multiple options for implementing a VPN solution, so you can choose the option that most closely fits your operational needs. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption cards, or with hardware appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are simple to integrate and administer and offer the flexibility to grow along with future business requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products aimed at stopping stealing information, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service assaults, and other threats to your system. Categories and products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-focused features built into switches
- Router based: Virtual Private Network support incorporated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to permit or block access to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall capability integrated into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for detecting intrusions within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for finding, mitigating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability built into a firewall to detect and document penetrations at the network public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability within a Catalyst switch to detect and document attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to sense and report penetrations at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned access control framework for authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent's Engineers Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security specialists can show you how to build security into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security plan to define precise security policies, deploy monitoring and auditing utilities, create and implement a secure network infrastructure that incorporates products from diverse vendors, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and advise you about steps to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a firewall, design secure remote access to messaging and business information, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
For more details concerning Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco networking products, pick a subject:
In order to get in touch with Progent about consulting support for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.