Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size companies offer a complete set of manageable network protection products and technologies to help you to protect your entire network environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions features routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, and VPN concentrators. Progent's expert support staff includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your organization to select and integrate VPN and security technologies that align optimally with your business.
Cisco offers multiple options for implementing a VPN system, allowing you to choose the approach that most closely fits your operational requirements. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with utilities and AIM encryption cards, or with physical devices, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to integrate and manage and offer the versatility to grow with your changing business needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a full line of security offerings designed for preventing data theft, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-based features designed into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: Virtual Private Network functionality designed into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software device to permit or block access to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall capability designed into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for finding attacks inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for detecting, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor within a Cisco firewall to detect and document attacks at the network perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to detect and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to sense and document intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Central user access management mechanism for user authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision device configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security professionals can show you how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to develop a documented security strategy to define precise security policies, deploy monitoring and tracking utilities, design and implement a protected network architecture that includes technology from diverse network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and recommend steps to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise is available to help you configure a firewall, set up safe remote connectivity to messaging and business information, and implement or repair VPNs.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
To learn more information concerning Progent's engineering support for Cisco networking products, choose a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about technical assistance for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.