Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a comprehensive set of manageable security products and technologies to help you to protect your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert support staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your company to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and security technologies that align optimally with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers multiple options for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to choose the option that most closely fits your business requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption cards, or with physical units, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to deploy and administer and provide the versatility to evolve with changing business needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of products designed for preventing data theft, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service attacks, and other dangers to your network. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused features built into switches
- Router controlled: VPN functionality incorporated into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software device to permit or block access to the network or applications
- Router based: Firewall capability designed into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for finding intrusions internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for finding, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco firewall to find and report intrusions at the network perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability within a Cisco switch to detect and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to find and document intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access control framework for authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security professionals can show you how to design protection into your business processes. Progent can help you to develop a written security strategy to establish clear policies, install monitoring and tracking software, create and install a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes products from diverse network companies, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and advise you about steps to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a firewall, set up safe remote and mobile access to messaging and business information, and implement or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
To see more details about Progent's professional support for Cisco products, select a subject:
In order to ask Progent about professional assistance for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.