Cisco has assembled the most comprehensive array of network security products and technologies in the industry. Cisco's security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions include routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems and VPN access concentrators. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE consultants offer online and on-premises support to help you select and configure Cisco products appropriate for the security needs of your business and consistent with your IT budget. Progent's support services range from occasional guidance or troubleshooting to comprehensive project management for building or enhancing a modern hybrid network infrastructure that seamlessly integrates local and cloud-based resources.
Cisco's VPN Solutions
Cisco offers a wide variety of options for implementing a VPN solution, allowing you to select an approach that best fits your network environment. You can implement both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption cards, or with hardware appliances, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA Firewall with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up services. All of Cisco's VPN solutions are easy to manage and provide the flexibility to evolve with changing business requirements.
Cisco's Security Products
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products aimed at preventing information theft, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service (DoS) attacks, and other threats to your network. Categories and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for setting up and managing VPNs
- Switch based (Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches): Identity-based features integrated into switches
- Router based (Cisco routers): VPN features integrated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Firewall appliance (Cisco ASA and PIX Firewall): Dedicated hardware or software device to permit or deny access to the network or applications
- Router based: Firewall functions integrated into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software device for detecting intrusions on the internal company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software device for detecting, mitigating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor within a firewall to detect and report intrusions at the network perimeter
- Switch sensor: Sensor within a switch to detect and report intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to detect and report intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access control framework for user authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) from a graphical Web interface
- CiscoWorks VPN and Security Management Solution (VMS v2.1)
- CiscoWorks Small Network Management Solution (SNMS)
- Embedded device managers for security devices such as PIX Device Manger (PDM)
How Progent Can Help You with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you select, deploy and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISSP certified cybersecurity consultants and CISM certified security management consultants can advise you about how to design security into your business processes. Progent's CISA-certified information security audit consultants can asses the strength of your current firewall deployment and evaluate the overall security of your information system.
Progent can help you develop a written security plan to establish clear security policies, install scanning and auditing software, define and implement a secure network architecture that implements products from diverse vendors, provide Microsoft ISA Server 2006 consulting and Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 support, and recommend procedures to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you configure a firewall configuration, set up secure remote access to email and data, and implement virtual private networks.
Integration of Cisco and Third-party Security Technology
Progent offers expertise in firewall and VPN products from all major vendors and can help you integrate Cisco technology with additional security solutions to help you build a cost-effective network infrastructure that provides a level of security and flexibility appropriate for your business. Third-party firewall and VPN support services available from Progent include:
Wireless Security Consulting Services
Progent can provide a Cisco certified CCIE or CCNP to help you design and test a secure wireless networking infrastructure that incorporates a wide range of internal wireless appliances and technologies from Cisco as well as a variety of wireless handheld computing and communication devices utilized by your mobile workforce. Progent's CISM, CISA, and CISSP security professionals can also advise you about how to build protection into your wireless network and your company's processes. For additional information on Progent's security services for Cisco wireless products, refer to Cisco Wireless Engineering Services.
To learn out about Progent's consulting and support services for Cisco technology, select a topic:
For more information about Progent's consulting and support services for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Ransomware 24x7 Hot Line: Call 800-462-8800
Progent's Ransomware 24x7 Hot Line is designed to guide you to carry out the time-critical first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware expert can assist businesses to locate and isolate infected devices and protect undamaged resources from being penetrated. If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800. For details, visit Progent's Ransomware 24x7 Hot Line.