Cisco's security solutions for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) offer a comprehensive range of manageable network protection hardware and software to allow you to safeguard your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can assist your company to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that work best with your environment.
Cisco offers several options for implementing a VPN system, so you can select the approach that most closely fits your business requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, through utilities and AIM encryption cards, or with physical devices, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are easy to deploy and manage and offer the flexibility to grow along with your changing business requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of products aimed at stopping stealing information, virus infections, Denial of Service assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions incorporated into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability integrated into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software device to allow or block access to the infrastructure or processes
- Router based: Firewall functions integrated into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for uncovering penetrations internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for finding, remediating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector built into a firewall to detect and document attacks at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to find and document penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to sense and report penetrations at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS: Central user access control framework for user authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for device configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can advise you about how to design protection into your business operations. Progent can assist you to create a documented security strategy to define precise security policies, deploy monitoring and auditing software, create and implement a protected network infrastructure that includes technology from a variety of vendors, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about procedures to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, design safe remote and mobile access to email and corporate information, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
To see additional information about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco technology, select a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.