Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) provide a complete range of easy-to-manage security devices and utilities to allow you to protect your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's rich catalog of security and Virtual Private Network technologies includes routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your company to choose and integrate VPN and security solutions that work best with your business.
Cisco provides several alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can choose the option that most closely fits your business requirements. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module encryption cards, or with physical units, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are easy to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to grow with your changing operational needs.
Components Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive line of security offerings designed for stopping stealing data, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based features built into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability built into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software mechanism to allow or block access to the network or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall capability integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or program for detecting penetrations internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for finding, remediating, and reporting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor incorporated into a firewall to sense and document attacks at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Catalyst switch to detect and document penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to sense and report intrusions at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access control mechanism for authentication, authorization, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution for configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security professionals can advise you about how to design security into your business processes. Progent can help you to create a written security strategy to establish precise security policies, deploy monitoring and tracking utilities, design and install a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates products from diverse vendors, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about steps to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote connectivity to messaging and business data, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
To find out additional information concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco solutions, select a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about technical support for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.