Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized businesses offer a comprehensive range of manageable network protection devices and utilities to enable you to safeguard your wired and wireless network infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your organization to select and deploy VPN and security technologies that work optimally with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers several alternatives for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can choose the option that best aligns with your business requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption cards, or with physical appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to integrate and manage and offer the flexibility to evolve along with your changing business needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products designed for stopping stealing data, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to your network. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for configuring and managing VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused features incorporated into Cisco switches
- Router based: VPN support incorporated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to allow or deny access to the infrastructure or processes
- Router based: Firewall capability built into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering intrusions inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for finding, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector built into a firewall to find and report intrusions at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector within a switch to find and report attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor built into a switch to find and report penetrations at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access control framework for authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can show you how to design security into your business operations. Progent can help you to create a documented security plan to define precise security policies, install scanning and tracking software, design and install a secure network architecture that includes technology from diverse network companies, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting services and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and recommend procedures to optimize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you configure a firewall, set up secure remote and mobile access to email and corporate data, and install or repair VPNs.
To see additional details concerning Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco technology, select a subject:
To contact Progent about technical assistance for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.