Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized companies provide a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage security devices and utilities to help you to protect your wired and wireless network infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and VPN solutions includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your organization to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that align optimally with your business.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides multiple options for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, so you can select the approach that best fits your business needs. You can install both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with software and AIM hardware encryption boards, or with hardware units, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and manage and offer the flexibility to grow along with changing business needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a full catalog of products designed for preventing information theft, virus and worm infections, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your system. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software device for configuring and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based features designed into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN features incorporated into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to permit or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall capability built into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for detecting penetrations within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for finding, remediating, and reporting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability within a Cisco firewall to sense and document intrusions at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor built into a Catalyst switch to find and report intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor built into a switch to find and report intrusions at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central user access control mechanism for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution for device configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to build security into your company's processes. Progent can help you to develop a documented security plan to define clear policies, install scanning and auditing software, create and implement a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes products from a variety of network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront TMG integration, and advise you about procedures to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote and mobile connectivity to email and business information, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
To see more information about Progent's professional support for Cisco products, select a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.