Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized businesses provide a comprehensive set of manageable network protection products and technologies to help you to safeguard your entire connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and Virtual Private Network technologies features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert consulting engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your company to choose and integrate VPN and protection solutions that align optimally with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers several alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to select the option that most closely aligns with your operational needs. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption cards, or with physical devices, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and manage and provide the flexibility to evolve along with changing business needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of products aimed at stopping stealing information, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other threats to your network. Categories and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software device for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused functions incorporated into switches
- Router controlled: VPN functionality integrated into routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to permit or deny access to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall functions incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for finding attacks internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for detecting, remediating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector within a Cisco firewall to sense and document intrusions at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor built into a Catalyst switch to find and report attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to find and report attacks at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned access control framework for user validation, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for device configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or certified CCNP to help you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can show you how to build protection into your business processes. Progent can assist you to develop a written security strategy to define precise security policies, install scanning and auditing software, design and install a protected network infrastructure that includes technology from diverse network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and recommend steps to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a firewall, set up secure remote and mobile access to email and business information, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
For additional details concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco technology, choose a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about technical expertise for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.