Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage security hardware and software to allow you to secure your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and VPN solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your company to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that work best with your environment.
Cisco provides several options for configuring a Virtual Private Network system, allowing you to select the option that best aligns with your operational requirements. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and administer and offer the versatility to evolve with changing business needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive catalog of security offerings aimed at preventing information theft, virus outbreaks, DDoS attacks, and other threats to your system. Classifications and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused features integrated into Cisco switches
- Router based: Virtual Private Network features integrated into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to permit or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Router based: Firewall features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for detecting penetrations within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for finding, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a firewall to detect and document intrusions at the system perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Catalyst switch to sense and report penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to detect and report penetrations at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access management mechanism for authentication, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision device configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to help you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security professionals can advise you about how to build security into your business processes. Progent can assist you to develop a documented security strategy to establish clear security policies, deploy monitoring and auditing software, design and implement a protected connectivity infrastructure that incorporates products from diverse vendors, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and recommend steps to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a firewall, design secure remote connectivity to email and corporate information, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
To see additional details concerning Progent's professional assistance for Cisco solutions, choose a topic:
To get in touch with Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.