Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a complete range of manageable network protection hardware and software to allow you to secure your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and VPN solutions features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can help your company to choose and deploy VPN and security technologies that work best with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, so you can select the option that best aligns with your business requirements. You can install both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with IOS Software, with utilities and AIM hardware encryption cards, or with hardware devices, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are simple to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to grow with your changing business needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a full line of products designed for preventing stealing data, virus infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to your system. Categories and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for configuring and administering VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based features incorporated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN features incorporated into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to permit or deny connectivity to the network or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall functions designed into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or program for finding attacks within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for finding, remediating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco firewall to sense and document penetrations at the system perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to find and document intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to sense and document attacks at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned access control framework for authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent Can Help You with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can advise you about how to design security into your business operations. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security strategy to establish precise security policies, install scanning and tracking utilities, create and implement a secure network architecture that includes technology from diverse network companies, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and recommend steps to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote and mobile access to messaging and business information, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To find out more information concerning Progent's consulting help for Cisco networking products, choose a topic:
In order to ask Progent about consulting assistance for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.