Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized companies offer a complete set of manageable security hardware and software to help you to protect your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's rich catalog of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies features routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your company to select and deploy VPN and security technologies that work optimally with your business.
Cisco offers several alternatives for implementing a VPN solution, allowing you to select the option that most closely fits your operational needs. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to integrate and administer and offer the flexibility to evolve with future operational needs.
Components Included in Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products aimed at stopping information theft, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service assaults, and other threats to your system. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch based: Identity-focused functions designed into switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN support integrated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted hardware or software device to allow or block access to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall features integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for detecting intrusions internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or program for finding, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability within a firewall to sense and report attacks at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector within a switch to find and document attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability built into a switch to find and report penetrations at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access control framework for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for device configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to help you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can advise you about how to build protection into your company's operations. Progent can help you to create a documented security strategy to establish clear security policies, install monitoring and tracking software, create and implement a protected connectivity architecture that incorporates technology from diverse network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and advise you about procedures to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise can help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote and mobile access to email and corporate information, and install or repair VPNs.
To learn additional information about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco technology, select a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about engineering help for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.