Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) offer a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage network protection products and technologies to enable you to secure your entire network environment. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and VPN solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can help your organization to choose and deploy VPN and security solutions that align best with your environment.
Cisco offers several options for configuring a VPN system, so you can select the approach that best aligns with your operational requirements. You can install both remote access and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through software and AIM encryption cards, or with physical units, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to integrate and administer and provide the versatility to evolve with your changing business requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive line of security offerings aimed at preventing stealing information, virus infections, Denial of Service attacks, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for configuring and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused features built into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN functionality integrated into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software mechanism to permit or block connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall functions incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for detecting penetrations within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for finding, mitigating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Cisco firewall to detect and document penetrations at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to sense and document intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to sense and document penetrations at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access control mechanism for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent Can Assist You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security consultants can show you how to build protection into your business processes. Progent can assist you to create a documented security plan to define clear policies, deploy monitoring and auditing utilities, create and install a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates products from diverse network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront TMG integration, and advise you about procedures to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a firewall, set up secure remote access to email and business data, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
To learn more details concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco networking products, select a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about consulting help for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.