Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size companies provide a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage network protection hardware and software to enable you to secure your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's extensive product line of security and Virtual Private Network solutions features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your organization to select and integrate VPN and protection technologies that work optimally with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers several alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, so you can choose the option that best fits your business requirements. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption cards, or with physical appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to evolve along with changing business needs.
Products Included in Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products aimed at stopping information theft, virus and worm infections, DDoS attacks, and other threats to your network. Classifications and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-based functions designed into switches
- Router based: VPN capability integrated into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software device to permit or deny connectivity to the network or processes
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for uncovering attacks internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector incorporated into a firewall to sense and report penetrations at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to sense and report intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to detect and document intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access management mechanism for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism to provision device configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security professionals can advise you about how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can help you to develop a documented security plan to establish precise security policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, design and implement a protected network architecture that incorporates technology from diverse vendors, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about procedures to optimize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a firewall, design safe remote access to messaging and business information, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To find out more details about Progent's consulting support for Cisco technology, select a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about professional expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.