Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size companies provide a comprehensive range of manageable security products and technologies to help you to safeguard your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive product line of security and Virtual Private Network solutions features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can assist your company to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and security solutions that work best with your business.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for configuring a Virtual Private Network system, allowing you to choose the approach that best fits your operational needs. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption boards, or with hardware devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to integrate and administer and provide the versatility to grow with your changing operational needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a full catalog of products aimed at preventing stealing information, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to your network. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software device for setting up and administering VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-based features incorporated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability built into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software mechanism to allow or deny access to the network or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall features designed into Cisco routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for detecting intrusions inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector incorporated into a Cisco firewall to detect and report intrusions at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor within a Cisco switch to sense and report penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to sense and document penetrations at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned user access management mechanism for authentication, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision device configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can show you how to design security into your business processes. Progent can help you to create a written security strategy to define precise security policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, create and install a secure network architecture that includes products from diverse network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront TMG integration, and advise you about procedures to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, design safe remote and mobile access to messaging and corporate data, and implement or repair VPNs.
To learn more information concerning Progent's consulting help for Cisco networking products, choose a subject:
In order to get in touch with Progent about technical expertise for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.