Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) offer a comprehensive set of manageable security devices and utilities to allow you to protect your entire connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your organization to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that align optimally with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides several alternatives for configuring a VPN solution, allowing you to select the option that best aligns with your operational requirements. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or devoted VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to deploy and administer and provide the versatility to evolve with future operational requirements.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of products designed for preventing stealing data, virus infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other threats to your network. Categories and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions incorporated into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN support integrated into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software device to permit or block access to the infrastructure or applications
- Router based: Firewall features built into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for finding attacks inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for uncovering, mitigating, and reporting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability built into a firewall to detect and report intrusions at the network perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Cisco switch to sense and report attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor built into a switch to find and report penetrations at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central user access management framework for user validation, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism to provision device configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or certified CCNP to assist you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to design protection into your business operations. Progent can help you to develop a documented security strategy to establish clear policies, deploy scanning and auditing software, design and implement a secure network infrastructure that incorporates products from a variety of network companies, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and advise you about procedures to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a firewall, design secure remote and mobile connectivity to email and corporate data, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To learn additional details about Progent's engineering help for Cisco products, select a subject:
In order to ask Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.