Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size companies offer a complete range of easy-to-manage security devices and utilities to enable you to safeguard your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert consulting engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your organization to choose and deploy VPN and security technologies that align best with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several options for implementing a VPN system, so you can select the approach that best fits your operational requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and site-to-site VPNs with IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module encryption cards, or with hardware units, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are simple to deploy and administer and provide the versatility to evolve with your changing business requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive line of products designed for preventing information theft, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to your network. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software device for configuring and managing VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-focused functions integrated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN capability integrated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software device to allow or block access to the network or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall capability incorporated into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering penetrations inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for uncovering, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor incorporated into a firewall to detect and document intrusions at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to detect and document intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to sense and report intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central user access control framework for user validation, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for device configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Consultants Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security consultants can show you how to build protection into your business operations. Progent can assist you to create a documented security strategy to define clear policies, install monitoring and tracking software, design and install a secure network architecture that includes products from a variety of network companies, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting and
Microsoft Forefront TMG integration, and advise you about steps to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, design secure remote access to email and corporate data, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
To find out additional details about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco networking products, choose a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about technical support for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.