Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size companies offer a comprehensive set of manageable network protection hardware and software to enable you to secure your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your company to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that work best with your business.
Cisco offers several options for configuring a VPN solution, allowing you to choose the approach that most closely fits your operational requirements. You can install both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module encryption cards, or with hardware devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to integrate and administer and provide the versatility to grow along with your changing business needs.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a full line of products aimed at stopping information theft, virus infections, DDoS attacks, and other dangers to your system. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based functions designed into switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features designed into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software device to allow or block access to the infrastructure or processes
- Router based: Firewall features integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for finding intrusions inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering, remediating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a firewall to sense and report penetrations at the system perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor built into a Catalyst switch to detect and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to find and report intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized user access control mechanism for authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for device configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or certified CCNP to assist you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security consultants can show you how to build protection into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to produce a written security strategy to establish precise security policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, design and implement a secure connectivity architecture that includes technology from a variety of vendors, offer MS ISA 2006 Server support and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and advise you about procedures to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a firewall, design secure remote and mobile access to messaging and corporate information, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
To see additional details about Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco networking products, pick a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about professional expertise for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.