Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) provide a comprehensive range of manageable network protection products and technologies to allow you to protect your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's rich catalog of security and VPN technologies includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your organization to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and security technologies that align best with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides several options for implementing a VPN solution, so you can choose the option that most closely aligns with your operational needs. You can set up both remote connectivity and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module encryption boards, or with hardware units, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to integrate and manage and provide the flexibility to grow with future business needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a full line of products aimed at preventing stealing data, virus and worm infections, DDoS attacks, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software device for configuring and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions built into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software device to permit or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall features integrated into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for finding penetrations internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a firewall to detect and document attacks at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to sense and report attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector within a switch to find and document penetrations at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned access control framework for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security consultants can show you how to design protection into your business operations. Progent can assist you to create a written security strategy to define precise policies, deploy monitoring and tracking utilities, design and implement a protected network infrastructure that incorporates products from a variety of network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and advise you about procedures to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote and mobile access to email and corporate data, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
To find out additional information concerning Progent's professional assistance for Cisco products, pick a topic:
To get in touch with Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.