Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) provide a complete range of easy-to-manage security products and technologies to help you to secure your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's extensive product line of security and Virtual Private Network solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your organization to select and integrate VPN and protection solutions that work optimally with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers multiple options for configuring a VPN system, so you can select the option that best aligns with your business needs. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to integrate and administer and provide the versatility to evolve with your changing operational requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of products designed for stopping data theft, virus infections, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your system. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused features incorporated into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network functionality designed into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated hardware or software device to permit or deny access to the infrastructure or applications
- Router based: Firewall features built into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for uncovering attacks within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for finding, remediating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco firewall to sense and document attacks at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Catalyst switch to sense and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector within a switch to detect and document attacks at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned access management mechanism for user authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism to provision configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can advise you about how to design security into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to develop a documented security plan to establish precise policies, install scanning and auditing software, create and implement a protected network infrastructure that incorporates technology from diverse network companies, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront TMG configuration help, and recommend procedures to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you configure a firewall, design secure remote connectivity to messaging and business information, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
To learn additional information concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco products, select a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about technical help for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.