Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to medium size companies offer a complete set of manageable network protection devices and utilities to allow you to secure your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's expert support staff includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your company to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that work optimally with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several alternatives for configuring a Virtual Private Network system, so you can choose the approach that most closely fits your business needs. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption boards, or with physical units, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and administer and offer the flexibility to grow along with future business needs.
Products Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of security offerings designed for preventing data theft, virus and worm infections, DDoS attacks, and other threats to your network. Categories and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-based features incorporated into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability integrated into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to allow or block access to the network or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall features designed into Cisco routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for finding attacks internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for detecting, mitigating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a firewall to sense and document attacks at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability within a Catalyst switch to find and report intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to find and document intrusions at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned access management framework for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent's Engineers Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can advise you about how to design security into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security strategy to establish precise policies, install scanning and tracking software, design and install a protected connectivity architecture that includes technology from a variety of network companies, offer Microsoft ISA 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and advise you about procedures to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, design secure remote and mobile connectivity to email and corporate data, and install or repair VPNs.
To learn additional details about Progent's professional support for Cisco products, select a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.