Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized companies offer a complete set of easy-to-manage network protection hardware and software to allow you to protect your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network technologies includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your company to choose and integrate Virtual Private Network and security technologies that work best with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several alternatives for implementing a VPN solution, so you can select the approach that best aligns with your business requirements. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with utilities and AIM hardware encryption cards, or with physical units, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to deploy and manage and provide the versatility to grow along with future operational needs.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a full line of security offerings designed for stopping stealing data, virus infections, Denial of Service assaults, and other threats to your system. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based features incorporated into Cisco switches
- Router based: Virtual Private Network features built into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to allow or block connectivity to the network or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall functions incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for finding intrusions internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for finding, mitigating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor within a firewall to sense and document penetrations at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability within a Catalyst switch to detect and document attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to sense and report penetrations at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS: Central access management framework for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent Can Assist You with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to assist you to choose, integrate, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can advise you about how to build protection into your business operations. Progent can help you to develop a documented security strategy to establish clear policies, install monitoring and auditing software, create and implement a protected network infrastructure that incorporates technology from diverse network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support services and
Forefront TMG configuration help, and recommend procedures to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, design safe remote access to email and business data, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
To learn more details concerning Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco solutions, select a topic:
In order to ask Progent about technical expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.