Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size businesses provide a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage security hardware and software to enable you to secure your entire connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of protection and VPN solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your company to choose and integrate VPN and protection solutions that align best with your business.
Cisco offers several alternatives for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can choose the approach that best aligns with your operational requirements. You can install both remote access and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are simple to integrate and administer and provide the versatility to grow along with changing operational needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of products aimed at stopping data theft, virus and worm infections, DDoS attacks, and other threats to your network. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for setting up and administering VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based functions incorporated into switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability built into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated hardware or software device to allow or block connectivity to the network or processes
- Router based: Firewall capability designed into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for uncovering penetrations internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for finding, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector incorporated into a firewall to find and report penetrations at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector within a Catalyst switch to find and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to detect and document intrusions at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned access management mechanism for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision device configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent Can Assist You with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security consultants can advise you about how to build security into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to create a documented security plan to define precise policies, install scanning and tracking software, design and install a protected network architecture that incorporates products from diverse network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and recommend steps to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise is available to help you configure a firewall, set up secure remote connectivity to messaging and corporate information, and implement or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
For more information about Progent's professional help for Cisco solutions, select a subject:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about technical help for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.