Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized companies provide a comprehensive range of manageable security devices and utilities to enable you to safeguard your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's rich product line of security and VPN solutions features routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's expert consulting engineers includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your organization to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that align best with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides several alternatives for implementing a VPN solution, allowing you to select the option that best fits your business needs. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are simple to deploy and administer and provide the versatility to evolve with future business needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco has a full catalog of products designed for preventing stealing information, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other dangers to your network. Categories and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused features designed into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN functionality incorporated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated hardware or software mechanism to permit or block access to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall capability built into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for uncovering penetrations inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector within a firewall to find and document penetrations at the network public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector built into a Cisco switch to find and report penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector within a switch to sense and report intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central access management framework for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for device configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to select, integrate, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to build protection into your business operations. Progent can help you to produce a documented security strategy to define clear policies, install monitoring and tracking utilities, design and implement a secure network architecture that includes technology from a variety of network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support and
Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and recommend steps to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise can help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote connectivity to messaging and business information, and implement or repair VPNs.
For additional information concerning Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco networking products, choose a subject:
In order to get in touch with Progent about technical support for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.