Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized companies offer a complete set of manageable network protection products and technologies to enable you to safeguard your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can help your organization to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that align optimally with your business.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, so you can choose the approach that most closely fits your business needs. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption cards, or with physical units, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are simple to deploy and manage and offer the versatility to grow with future operational requirements.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products designed for preventing information theft, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service assaults, and other threats to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch based: Identity-based functions integrated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability designed into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to allow or deny access to the network or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall capability incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for finding intrusions internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for detecting, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability within a firewall to detect and report intrusions at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector within a switch to find and report intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor built into a switch to detect and report intrusions at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central user access management mechanism for authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to assist you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can help you to produce a written security plan to establish precise policies, deploy monitoring and auditing software, design and install a protected connectivity infrastructure that incorporates technology from a variety of network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and advise you about steps to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a firewall, design safe remote connectivity to email and corporate data, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
For additional information concerning Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco solutions, pick a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about technical assistance for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.