Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized companies provide a complete set of easy-to-manage security devices and utilities to allow you to protect your entire network environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of security and Virtual Private Network technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your organization to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and security solutions that align optimally with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers several alternatives for configuring a VPN system, so you can choose the option that most closely fits your operational requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module encryption boards, or with hardware units, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to deploy and administer and provide the flexibility to grow along with future business requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of products designed for stopping stealing information, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service attacks, and other threats to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software device for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switch based: Identity-based functions integrated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software device to permit or deny access to the network or processes
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall capability integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for finding penetrations within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for finding, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability built into a firewall to sense and report intrusions at the network perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Catalyst switch to find and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability built into a switch to detect and report attacks at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central access control framework for authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security professionals can show you how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can help you to create a documented security plan to establish clear security policies, deploy monitoring and tracking utilities, design and install a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes technology from a variety of vendors, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and recommend steps to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote and mobile access to email and corporate information, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To find out additional details about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco technology, select a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about technical assistance for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.