Cisco's security solutions for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a comprehensive range of manageable network protection hardware and software to enable you to secure your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions features routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your organization to select and integrate VPN and security technologies that work best with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides several options for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can select the approach that best fits your business needs. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site VPNs with IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption boards, or with hardware devices, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to deploy and administer and provide the versatility to evolve with future business needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of security offerings designed for stopping stealing data, virus and worm infections, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based features incorporated into switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network functionality designed into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated hardware or software mechanism to permit or deny connectivity to the network or processes
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall features built into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for detecting attacks within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for finding, remediating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector built into a firewall to sense and report intrusions at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability within a Cisco switch to find and document intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to find and document attacks at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central access management mechanism for user validation, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can advise you about how to design security into your business operations. Progent can help you to develop a written security plan to establish precise policies, deploy scanning and tracking software, create and implement a secure connectivity infrastructure that includes technology from a variety of network companies, provide Microsoft ISA 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront TMG configuration help, and recommend procedures to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a firewall, set up safe remote and mobile connectivity to email and business information, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To find out more information about Progent's engineering support for Cisco products, select a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about professional expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.