Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) offer a comprehensive range of manageable security products and technologies to allow you to protect your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of security and VPN technologies includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your company to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and security solutions that work best with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides multiple options for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to select the approach that best fits your operational requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to integrate and manage and offer the flexibility to evolve along with changing business needs.
Products Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of security offerings aimed at preventing stealing data, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other threats to your system. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for configuring and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused functions built into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: Virtual Private Network capability incorporated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to allow or block connectivity to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall functions built into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for uncovering penetrations internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for detecting, remediating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector incorporated into a Cisco firewall to sense and document intrusions at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability within a Cisco Catalyst Switch to sense and report intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to find and document attacks at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned access management framework for user authentication, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for device configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to assist you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can show you how to build protection into your business operations. Progent can assist you to produce a written security strategy to define precise policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, create and install a protected network infrastructure that incorporates technology from a variety of network companies, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and recommend procedures to optimize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a firewall, design safe remote and mobile access to email and business information, and implement or repair VPNs.
To see more information concerning Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco networking products, choose a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.