Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to medium size businesses provide a complete set of easy-to-manage network protection devices and utilities to allow you to secure your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions features routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's expert consulting engineers includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your organization to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and security solutions that work best with your business.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for configuring a VPN system, allowing you to choose the approach that best fits your business needs. You can install both remote access and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, with software and AIM encryption boards, or with physical devices, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower, or devoted Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to deploy and manage and offer the versatility to evolve with your changing operational needs.
Components Included in Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a full catalog of security offerings designed for preventing information theft, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other dangers to your system. Categories and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based features incorporated into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability built into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software device to permit or deny access to the infrastructure or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall functions integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for finding penetrations within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor within a firewall to detect and report intrusions at the system perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to find and report attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to find and document intrusions at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned user access management mechanism for authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security consultants can advise you about how to build protection into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to produce a written security plan to establish clear policies, install scanning and auditing software, design and implement a secure connectivity architecture that includes products from a variety of network companies, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and advise you about procedures to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a firewall, set up secure remote and mobile connectivity to messaging and business information, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
For more information about Progent's professional assistance for Cisco products, choose a subject:
To contact Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.