Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) offer a comprehensive range of manageable security products and technologies to enable you to secure your entire connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert support staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can assist your organization to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and security solutions that work best with your business.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers several options for configuring a VPN system, allowing you to select the approach that most closely aligns with your business needs. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and AIM encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and manage and provide the flexibility to evolve along with changing business needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of products aimed at stopping stealing information, virus and worm infections, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your system. Classifications and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switch based: Identity-based functions integrated into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: VPN support integrated into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software device to permit or deny connectivity to the network or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall capability built into routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for uncovering penetrations inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or program for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor incorporated into a firewall to sense and document penetrations at the network perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability built into a switch to sense and report intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to find and document intrusions at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized access management framework for user authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to assist you to choose, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can show you how to build protection into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to produce a written security strategy to define precise policies, install monitoring and tracking software, create and install a protected connectivity architecture that incorporates technology from a variety of vendors, offer Microsoft ISA 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and recommend steps to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote access to email and business data, and install or repair VPNs.
To see additional details concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco technology, choose a subject:
In order to contact Progent about technical assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.