Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size companies provide a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage security devices and utilities to enable you to protect your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of security and VPN solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and VPN concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can help your company to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and security technologies that align optimally with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides multiple options for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can choose the approach that best fits your business requirements. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and AIM hardware encryption boards, or with physical devices, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are simple to integrate and manage and provide the versatility to grow with future operational requirements.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of security offerings designed for preventing stealing information, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for configuring and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-based features incorporated into switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features integrated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted hardware or software device to allow or deny connectivity to the network or applications
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall functions designed into Cisco routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for finding penetrations internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for finding, remediating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco firewall to find and report attacks at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Catalyst switch to find and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor built into a switch to find and document penetrations at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned user access control mechanism for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism to provision configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help You with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to select, integrate, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security professionals can advise you about how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security plan to establish precise security policies, deploy monitoring and tracking software, design and implement a protected connectivity architecture that incorporates products from diverse vendors, provide MS ISA 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about steps to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a firewall, design safe remote access to messaging and business information, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To see additional details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco technology, select a topic:
If you wish to contact Progent about engineering support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.