Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size businesses provide a complete set of manageable network protection devices and utilities to allow you to secure your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's rich product line of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your organization to choose and integrate VPN and security technologies that work optimally with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers several alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, allowing you to select the option that most closely aligns with your business requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with utilities and AIM encryption boards, or with hardware units, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated Virtual Private Network server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to deploy and administer and provide the flexibility to evolve along with changing business requirements.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a comprehensive line of security offerings designed for preventing stealing data, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service attacks, and other threats to your system. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused features built into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features incorporated into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to permit or block access to the network or applications
- Router based: Firewall features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or program for uncovering attacks within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for finding, remediating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector built into a Cisco firewall to sense and document intrusions at the network perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Catalyst switch to find and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to sense and report intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central access control framework for authentication, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision device configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security professionals can advise you about how to build security into your company's processes. Progent can help you to create a documented security plan to establish clear policies, install monitoring and tracking software, create and install a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes technology from a variety of vendors, provide Microsoft ISA 2006 Server consulting services and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and recommend steps to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting can help you configure a firewall, design safe remote and mobile access to messaging and corporate information, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
To see additional information about Progent's engineering support for Cisco solutions, pick a subject:
If you wish to ask Progent about consulting help for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.