Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size companies provide a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage network protection products and technologies to allow you to safeguard your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive product line of security and Virtual Private Network technologies features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your organization to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and security technologies that work best with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides several alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, so you can select the approach that most closely fits your operational requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to deploy and administer and provide the versatility to grow with changing operational requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco has a comprehensive catalog of products designed for preventing stealing data, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service assaults, and other threats to your system. Categories and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for setting up and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-based features incorporated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: Virtual Private Network features integrated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to permit or deny access to the network or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall capability designed into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for detecting penetrations inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for detecting, mitigating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability built into a firewall to detect and report attacks at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco switch to sense and report intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability built into a switch to detect and document penetrations at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned user access control framework for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security professionals can show you how to build security into your company's operations. Progent can help you to develop a written security strategy to define precise security policies, deploy monitoring and auditing utilities, design and implement a protected network infrastructure that incorporates products from diverse vendors, offer MS ISA 2006 Server consulting and
Microsoft Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about procedures to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a firewall, set up safe remote and mobile access to messaging and business data, and implement or repair VPNs.
To find out additional information concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco networking products, pick a topic:
To contact Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.