Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size businesses provide a complete range of easy-to-manage network protection products and technologies to help you to protect your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network solutions includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your organization to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that work optimally with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to choose the approach that best aligns with your business requirements. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and AIM hardware encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are simple to deploy and administer and provide the flexibility to grow along with your changing operational needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a full catalog of security offerings aimed at stopping information theft, virus infections, DDoS attacks, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for setting up and administering VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based features integrated into Cisco switches
- Router based: VPN support designed into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to permit or block connectivity to the network or processes
- Router based: Firewall features built into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for uncovering intrusions internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for finding, remediating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco firewall to find and report intrusions at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector within a Cisco Catalyst Switch to find and report penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to find and document intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS: Central user access control framework for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to select, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can advise you about how to design protection into your business processes. Progent can help you to create a documented security plan to establish precise security policies, deploy monitoring and auditing utilities, create and implement a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes technology from diverse network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and recommend steps to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote connectivity to messaging and corporate data, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To learn additional information concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco technology, choose a subject:
To ask Progent about professional help for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.