Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage security products and technologies to enable you to safeguard your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can help your organization to select and deploy VPN and security solutions that work best with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several alternatives for configuring a VPN system, allowing you to choose the option that best fits your operational needs. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to deploy and administer and provide the flexibility to grow along with your changing operational requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of products aimed at preventing information theft, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service assaults, and other dangers to your system. Categories and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based functions built into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability incorporated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software device to permit or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall functions built into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for uncovering intrusions inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a firewall to detect and report attacks at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to find and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to detect and document penetrations at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized user access control mechanism for user authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to build protection into your business operations. Progent can help you to create a documented security strategy to establish precise security policies, deploy monitoring and tracking utilities, create and install a secure connectivity infrastructure that incorporates products from a variety of vendors, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and advise you about procedures to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a firewall, design secure remote connectivity to messaging and corporate information, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To learn more details concerning Progent's consulting support for Cisco products, select a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about consulting assistance for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.