Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized companies offer a complete range of easy-to-manage network protection products and technologies to allow you to protect your wired and wireless network infrastructure. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and VPN solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's expert support staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your organization to select and integrate VPN and protection solutions that work optimally with your business.
Cisco provides several options for implementing a VPN system, so you can choose the approach that most closely fits your operational requirements. You can install both remote access and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption boards, or with hardware units, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to grow with changing operational requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a full line of products aimed at preventing information theft, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to your system. Classifications and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software device for configuring and managing VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based functions built into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN functionality designed into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to allow or deny connectivity to the network or processes
- Router based: Firewall functions integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for detecting penetrations within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for detecting, remediating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector within a firewall to detect and document intrusions at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco switch to detect and document attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to find and document attacks at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized user access management mechanism for authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent's Engineers Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security consultants can advise you about how to build security into your company's operations. Progent can help you to produce a documented security plan to establish clear policies, deploy scanning and auditing software, create and install a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates products from diverse network companies, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support services and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and recommend steps to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote access to email and corporate information, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To learn more details concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco networking products, pick a topic:
To contact Progent about professional support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.