Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) provide a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage security devices and utilities to enable you to safeguard your entire connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your company to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that align best with your environment.
Cisco offers several options for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to choose the approach that most closely aligns with your operational needs. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site VPNs with IOS Software, with software and AIM encryption cards, or with hardware devices, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are simple to deploy and manage and offer the versatility to grow along with changing business needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a full line of products designed for stopping stealing information, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other threats to your system. Classifications and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for setting up and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-focused features designed into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network functionality built into routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software device to permit or block connectivity to the network or applications
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall features integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for finding intrusions internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for finding, mitigating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco firewall to sense and report intrusions at the network perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to find and report intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to sense and document intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized access control mechanism for authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can advise you about how to build security into your company's operations. Progent can help you to develop a documented security strategy to define clear security policies, install scanning and tracking software, design and implement a secure connectivity infrastructure that incorporates technology from a variety of vendors, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Microsoft Forefront TMG integration, and advise you about procedures to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, design safe remote access to messaging and corporate data, and implement or repair VPNs.
To see additional information concerning Progent's professional help for Cisco solutions, choose a subject:
If you wish to ask Progent about technical assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.