Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized businesses provide a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage security devices and utilities to allow you to protect your entire connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of security and VPN solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your company to select and integrate VPN and protection solutions that work optimally with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides several alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, allowing you to choose the option that best fits your operational requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption cards, or with physical devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated Virtual Private Network server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to integrate and manage and offer the versatility to evolve along with future business requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of security offerings aimed at stopping stealing information, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to your network. Categories and products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for setting up and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-based functions integrated into switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability integrated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to permit or block connectivity to the infrastructure or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall functions incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for finding intrusions internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for detecting, mitigating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector within a Cisco firewall to find and document penetrations at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor built into a Catalyst switch to find and document attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to sense and report penetrations at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized user access control mechanism for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to assist you to select, integrate, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security professionals can advise you about how to build protection into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to develop a written security plan to define clear security policies, install monitoring and tracking utilities, create and install a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates products from a variety of network companies, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about steps to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, design secure remote and mobile connectivity to email and business information, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
For additional details concerning Progent's professional help for Cisco solutions, pick a subject:
If you wish to ask Progent about technical expertise for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.