Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to medium size businesses provide a complete range of manageable security devices and utilities to help you to protect your entire connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions features routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can help your organization to select and integrate VPN and protection solutions that align optimally with your environment.
Cisco offers several options for configuring a VPN system, allowing you to choose the approach that best aligns with your business requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site VPNs with IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption cards, or with physical devices, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or devoted Virtual Private Network server for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are easy to integrate and administer and offer the flexibility to evolve with your changing business requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a full catalog of security offerings aimed at preventing information theft, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your system. Classifications and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software device for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based features incorporated into Cisco switches
- Router based: VPN functionality built into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to allow or deny access to the infrastructure or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall capability integrated into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for finding attacks within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for finding, mitigating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a firewall to detect and document intrusions at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to detect and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to find and document attacks at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central user access management framework for user authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision device configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to assist you to choose, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can advise you about how to build security into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to develop a written security plan to establish precise security policies, install scanning and tracking utilities, design and implement a protected connectivity infrastructure that incorporates products from diverse vendors, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and advise you about steps to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a firewall, set up safe remote connectivity to email and business information, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
For additional details about Progent's professional support for Cisco solutions, select a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about professional help for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.