Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to medium size companies provide a comprehensive set of manageable security hardware and software to help you to safeguard your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's extensive catalog of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your organization to choose and integrate Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that align best with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can choose the approach that best fits your operational requirements. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module encryption cards, or with physical units, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to integrate and administer and provide the flexibility to grow along with your changing business requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a full catalog of security offerings aimed at preventing data theft, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other dangers to your system. Categories and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused functions designed into switches
- Router controlled: VPN support integrated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software mechanism to permit or block access to the network or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall features integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for uncovering intrusions within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or program for detecting, mitigating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Cisco firewall to sense and document intrusions at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector incorporated into a Catalyst switch to detect and report intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to find and document attacks at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned access control framework for user validation, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution to provision configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to assist you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security consultants can show you how to build protection into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to develop a written security plan to define clear policies, install monitoring and tracking utilities, create and implement a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates products from diverse network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about steps to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote connectivity to messaging and business information, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
To learn additional details concerning Progent's professional assistance for Cisco networking products, select a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.