Cisco's security solutions for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) offer a complete set of manageable security hardware and software to allow you to safeguard your wired and wireless network infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and VPN solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your company to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that work optimally with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides multiple alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to choose the option that best fits your operational requirements. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption boards, or with hardware devices, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to integrate and administer and provide the versatility to evolve with changing operational requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a full line of security offerings aimed at stopping information theft, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other threats to your network. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for configuring and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based functions integrated into Cisco switches
- Router based: VPN features incorporated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted silicon or software device to allow or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall functions integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for detecting attacks inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for uncovering, remediating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco firewall to find and report attacks at the network perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor within a Catalyst switch to sense and document intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to find and document intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Central user access control framework for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution to provision device configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to choose, integrate, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security professionals can advise you about how to design protection into your business operations. Progent can assist you to develop a documented security strategy to define clear security policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, design and implement a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates technology from diverse vendors, offer Microsoft ISA 2006 Server consulting and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and recommend procedures to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a firewall, set up secure remote access to email and business data, and implement or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
For more information about Progent's professional assistance for Cisco networking products, pick a subject:
If you wish to ask Progent about consulting support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.