Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized businesses provide a comprehensive set of manageable security products and technologies to help you to protect your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and VPN technologies includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can assist your organization to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that work optimally with your business.
Cisco provides several alternatives for implementing a VPN solution, so you can choose the option that most closely aligns with your operational requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, through utilities and AIM hardware encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to integrate and manage and offer the versatility to evolve along with your changing business requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive line of security offerings designed for preventing stealing data, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS attacks, and other threats to your system. Categories and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and administering VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused features incorporated into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN features designed into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted hardware or software device to allow or block connectivity to the network or processes
- Router based: Firewall features built into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for finding attacks inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or program for detecting, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector built into a firewall to sense and document penetrations at the system perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor within a Catalyst switch to detect and report attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector incorporated into a switch to find and document attacks at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS: Central access management framework for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security professionals can advise you about how to build protection into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security plan to define precise security policies, deploy scanning and tracking utilities, design and install a protected network architecture that includes products from diverse vendors, provide MS ISA 2006 Server support services and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and recommend steps to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a firewall, design safe remote and mobile connectivity to email and business information, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To find out additional details concerning Progent's consulting support for Cisco products, select a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about engineering support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.