Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized companies provide a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage security hardware and software to help you to protect your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your organization to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and security solutions that work best with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides several options for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can choose the option that best aligns with your operational requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and AIM encryption boards, or with physical devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to integrate and manage and provide the flexibility to grow along with future business needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of products designed for stopping data theft, virus infections, Denial of Service attacks, and other threats to your network. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for configuring and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-based functions designed into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software device to allow or block access to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall capability incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for detecting intrusions within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for finding, remediating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability built into a firewall to detect and report intrusions at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor within a Cisco Catalyst Switch to detect and report penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor built into a switch to find and document intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access management framework for authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision device configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can show you how to build security into your business operations. Progent can assist you to create a written security plan to establish precise security policies, deploy monitoring and auditing software, create and implement a secure network infrastructure that incorporates technology from a variety of vendors, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and advise you about steps to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a firewall, design secure remote connectivity to messaging and business data, and implement or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To learn more details about Progent's consulting support for Cisco solutions, select a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.