Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) offer a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage network protection devices and utilities to help you to safeguard your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and VPN solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your organization to select and integrate VPN and protection technologies that align best with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides multiple options for configuring a VPN system, allowing you to choose the option that most closely fits your operational needs. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with software and AIM hardware encryption boards, or with physical units, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are simple to integrate and manage and provide the flexibility to grow along with your changing operational needs.
Products Included in Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco has a full catalog of products designed for stopping information theft, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS attacks, and other dangers to your network. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for setting up and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused features integrated into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: VPN features integrated into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software device to allow or block connectivity to the network or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall functions built into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering intrusions internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor incorporated into a firewall to find and report intrusions at the network perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability within a Cisco switch to detect and report attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability built into a switch to find and report attacks at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access management framework for user authentication, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism to provision device configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security specialists can show you how to build security into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to develop a written security plan to establish precise policies, deploy scanning and tracking software, create and install a secure network infrastructure that includes technology from a variety of vendors, offer Microsoft ISA 2006 Server consulting services and
Microsoft Forefront TMG integration, and advise you about procedures to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, design safe remote and mobile access to messaging and business information, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
To find out additional information concerning Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco solutions, choose a subject:
To contact Progent about consulting support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.