Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size businesses offer a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage network protection hardware and software to enable you to protect your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your organization to select and deploy VPN and protection technologies that align best with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides several options for configuring a VPN solution, allowing you to choose the approach that most closely aligns with your operational requirements. You can install both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through utilities and AIM encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network server for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to grow with your changing business needs.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive catalog of security offerings designed for preventing stealing information, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service attacks, and other dangers to your system. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for configuring and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch based: Identity-focused functions designed into switches
- Router based: Virtual Private Network features designed into routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software device to allow or deny access to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall capability integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for finding penetrations within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for detecting, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor incorporated into a firewall to detect and document penetrations at the system perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor within a Cisco Catalyst Switch to sense and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to find and document penetrations at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS: Central user access management framework for user validation, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or certified CCNP to help you to select, integrate, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can advise you about how to build security into your business operations. Progent can help you to create a written security plan to establish precise policies, deploy scanning and auditing software, design and implement a protected network architecture that includes technology from a variety of network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about procedures to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote and mobile access to email and business information, and implement or repair VPNs.
To see more information concerning Progent's professional expertise for Cisco products, pick a topic:
To get in touch with Progent about engineering support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.