Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a complete set of easy-to-manage security products and technologies to help you to safeguard your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's rich product line of security and VPN technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your organization to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and security solutions that align best with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides multiple options for configuring a VPN solution, so you can choose the approach that most closely fits your business needs. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module encryption boards, or with hardware devices, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower, or devoted VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are simple to deploy and manage and provide the flexibility to grow with changing business needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive line of security offerings aimed at stopping data theft, virus infections, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your network. Categories and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software device for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions built into switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN features designed into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to permit or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall functions designed into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or program for finding intrusions inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for detecting, remediating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a firewall to sense and report penetrations at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to sense and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to detect and report attacks at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned access control mechanism for user authentication, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to assist you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can advise you about how to build protection into your business operations. Progent can help you to create a written security plan to define precise security policies, install scanning and tracking software, design and implement a protected connectivity architecture that includes products from diverse vendors, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and recommend procedures to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, design safe remote access to messaging and corporate information, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To see more details concerning Progent's professional expertise for Cisco networking products, choose a subject:
In order to get in touch with Progent about consulting support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.