Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size companies offer a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage security devices and utilities to allow you to protect your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies includes routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your company to choose and deploy VPN and protection solutions that work optimally with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides several options for implementing a VPN system, so you can choose the approach that best fits your operational needs. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through software and AIM hardware encryption cards, or with hardware appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to evolve along with future business needs.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a full line of products designed for stopping data theft, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to your system. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused functions designed into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features integrated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to permit or block connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Router based: Firewall functions designed into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for uncovering intrusions internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for uncovering, remediating, and reporting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability within a firewall to find and document penetrations at the network perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor within a Catalyst switch to find and document intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor built into a switch to detect and document penetrations at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access control mechanism for authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution to provision configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can show you how to design protection into your business processes. Progent can assist you to produce a written security strategy to establish precise security policies, deploy scanning and tracking software, design and implement a protected connectivity architecture that incorporates products from diverse vendors, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and advise you about procedures to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise is available to help you configure a firewall, design secure remote connectivity to messaging and business data, and implement or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
For additional details about Progent's professional help for Cisco solutions, select a topic:
To get in touch with Progent about technical support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.