Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size companies provide a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage network protection devices and utilities to enable you to protect your wired and wireless network infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of protection and VPN technologies features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your company to choose and deploy VPN and protection solutions that work best with your business.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers multiple options for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can select the option that best fits your business needs. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption boards, or with physical devices, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are simple to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to grow along with future business requirements.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a full line of security offerings designed for preventing stealing information, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to your system. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for setting up and administering VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused features integrated into switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN features designed into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted silicon or software device to allow or deny access to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall capability designed into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for detecting attacks inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for uncovering, mitigating, and reporting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector within a firewall to find and report penetrations at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector incorporated into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to find and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector incorporated into a switch to find and document intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central access management mechanism for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for device configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security professionals can show you how to design security into your company's operations. Progent can help you to produce a documented security plan to define clear policies, deploy scanning and auditing software, create and install a secure connectivity infrastructure that includes technology from a variety of network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and advise you about steps to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a firewall, design secure remote access to email and business information, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
For additional information concerning Progent's consulting help for Cisco products, pick a subject:
In order to contact Progent about technical expertise for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.