Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized companies provide a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage network protection products and technologies to allow you to safeguard your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and Virtual Private Network solutions includes routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your organization to select and deploy VPN and protection technologies that align best with your environment.
Cisco offers several options for implementing a VPN solution, allowing you to select the approach that best aligns with your operational requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption cards, or with hardware appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are easy to deploy and administer and offer the flexibility to grow along with changing business requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a full line of products designed for preventing stealing data, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to your network. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for configuring and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switch based: Identity-based features integrated into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability incorporated into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software device to allow or deny access to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall functions designed into Cisco routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for finding penetrations within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for finding, mitigating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector within a Cisco firewall to find and report intrusions at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to find and report attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector within a switch to find and document intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access control mechanism for user validation, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or certified CCNP to assist you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can advise you about how to design protection into your business processes. Progent can assist you to develop a documented security strategy to establish clear policies, deploy monitoring and tracking utilities, design and install a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates products from diverse network companies, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and recommend steps to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, design safe remote connectivity to messaging and business information, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
To find out additional information about Progent's professional help for Cisco technology, choose a subject:
In order to contact Progent about technical help for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.