Cisco's security solutions for small to mid-sized companies provide a complete range of manageable network protection products and technologies to help you to protect your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your company to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and security solutions that align optimally with your environment.
Cisco offers several options for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, so you can select the option that best fits your operational needs. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with IOS Software, through software and AIM hardware encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated Virtual Private Network server for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to integrate and manage and provide the flexibility to evolve along with changing business requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of security offerings designed for preventing stealing data, virus infections, DDoS attacks, and other dangers to your system. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for configuring and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based functions built into Cisco switches
- Router based: VPN features integrated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted silicon or software device to allow or block access to the infrastructure or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for finding attacks inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for finding, remediating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco firewall to find and report penetrations at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Catalyst switch to detect and document attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to detect and document intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned access management mechanism for authentication, authorization, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for device configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or certified CCNP to assist you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can advise you about how to design protection into your business operations. Progent can assist you to develop a documented security plan to establish clear policies, install scanning and tracking software, design and implement a secure network infrastructure that includes products from a variety of vendors, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and recommend procedures to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, design secure remote access to messaging and corporate data, and implement or repair VPNs.
To see additional details about Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco technology, select a subject:
In order to ask Progent about technical expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.