Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) offer a comprehensive set of manageable security products and technologies to help you to safeguard your entire network environment. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and VPN solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, IDS, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can assist your company to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that work optimally with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides several alternatives for implementing a VPN solution, so you can select the approach that best fits your business requirements. You can install both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption boards, or with hardware devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or devoted Virtual Private Network server for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are easy to deploy and administer and provide the flexibility to grow along with your changing operational requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a full catalog of security offerings aimed at stopping data theft, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS attacks, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software device for setting up and administering VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions built into Cisco switches
- Router based: VPN support integrated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to permit or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall functions incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for finding penetrations internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for detecting, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Cisco firewall to sense and document penetrations at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector incorporated into a Catalyst switch to find and report attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to detect and report attacks at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access management framework for authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution to provision device configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to select, integrate, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can advise you about how to build security into your business operations. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security plan to define precise security policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, create and install a protected network architecture that includes products from a variety of vendors, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support services and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and recommend procedures to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote and mobile access to email and business data, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
To see additional details about Progent's engineering support for Cisco products, pick a subject:
If you wish to ask Progent about technical expertise for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.