Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to medium size businesses offer a complete set of easy-to-manage security products and technologies to allow you to safeguard your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network solutions includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your company to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that align optimally with your environment.
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can choose the option that most closely aligns with your business requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, with utilities and AIM hardware encryption cards, or with physical appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to deploy and manage and provide the flexibility to evolve with future operational needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive line of products designed for stopping stealing data, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused functions incorporated into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features integrated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software device to permit or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall functions designed into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for detecting penetrations inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for finding, mitigating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a firewall to detect and document intrusions at the network public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor built into a Catalyst switch to sense and document intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to sense and document attacks at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned access management framework for user validation, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security professionals can show you how to build protection into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to create a documented security strategy to define clear security policies, install scanning and auditing software, design and implement a protected network architecture that includes products from a variety of vendors, offer Microsoft ISA 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG integration, and recommend procedures to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote access to email and business information, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
To find out additional details about Progent's professional assistance for Cisco solutions, pick a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.