Cisco's security solutions for small to mid-sized companies offer a complete set of manageable network protection devices and utilities to help you to protect your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your company to choose and integrate VPN and protection solutions that work best with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for configuring a VPN solution, allowing you to select the option that best fits your operational requirements. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are simple to deploy and manage and provide the versatility to evolve along with future business needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of security offerings aimed at stopping information theft, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other threats to your network. Categories and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software device for setting up and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused functions built into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN support designed into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software device to permit or block access to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall functions integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for detecting penetrations internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for uncovering, remediating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a firewall to find and document attacks at the network perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor within a switch to sense and document penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to sense and report penetrations at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central user access management mechanism for authentication, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to help you to select, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can advise you about how to build protection into your business processes. Progent can help you to create a written security plan to define precise security policies, install scanning and tracking utilities, design and install a protected network architecture that incorporates products from diverse vendors, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Microsoft Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about steps to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote and mobile access to email and business data, and implement or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To see additional information about Progent's consulting support for Cisco technology, pick a subject:
To contact Progent about consulting help for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.