Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized companies offer a complete set of manageable security products and technologies to allow you to protect your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your company to choose and integrate Virtual Private Network and security technologies that work best with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides multiple alternatives for implementing a VPN solution, so you can select the approach that best aligns with your business needs. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption boards, or with physical units, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and administer and offer the flexibility to grow along with future business needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive catalog of security offerings designed for preventing stealing data, virus infections, Denial of Service assaults, and other dangers to your system. Categories and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software device for configuring and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused functions incorporated into switches
- Router based: VPN support built into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to permit or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall functions built into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for detecting attacks internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for finding, mitigating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a firewall to find and report attacks at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to find and report intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to sense and document intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access management mechanism for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision device configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to select, integrate, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security consultants can show you how to design protection into your business processes. Progent can help you to produce a written security strategy to define precise policies, install monitoring and tracking software, create and install a secure network infrastructure that includes technology from a variety of network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and advise you about steps to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote connectivity to email and business information, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
For additional information concerning Progent's consulting assistance for Cisco networking products, pick a topic:
In order to ask Progent about professional expertise for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.