Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) offer a complete set of manageable security devices and utilities to allow you to protect your wired and wireless network infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your organization to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and security technologies that work best with your business.
Cisco provides several alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can select the approach that best fits your operational requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to integrate and manage and provide the flexibility to evolve with future business requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco has a full catalog of security offerings aimed at preventing data theft, virus and worm infections, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software device for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch based: Identity-focused features built into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability incorporated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software device to allow or block access to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall features integrated into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for detecting intrusions within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for finding, mitigating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector within a firewall to find and report intrusions at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Cisco switch to detect and document intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to find and report intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access control mechanism for user authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for device configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to assist you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security professionals can advise you about how to build security into your business processes. Progent can assist you to create a written security strategy to establish clear policies, install scanning and auditing software, design and implement a secure connectivity infrastructure that includes technology from diverse network companies, provide MS ISA 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and advise you about steps to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a firewall, design safe remote connectivity to messaging and corporate data, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To see additional details concerning Progent's engineering support for Cisco networking products, choose a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about professional help for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.