Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized businesses provide a complete range of manageable security devices and utilities to help you to protect your wired and wireless network infrastructure. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network technologies features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your organization to select and deploy VPN and security technologies that align optimally with your business.
Cisco provides several alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to choose the approach that best fits your operational requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption cards, or with physical devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and administer and provide the flexibility to evolve along with your changing operational needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a full catalog of products designed for preventing stealing information, virus infections, Denial of Service attacks, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software device for setting up and administering VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-based functions integrated into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN functionality incorporated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted hardware or software device to permit or deny access to the network or applications
- Router based: Firewall features built into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for uncovering attacks inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for finding, remediating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector built into a firewall to sense and report intrusions at the network public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector incorporated into a Cisco switch to detect and document intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector incorporated into a switch to detect and document attacks at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Central access control mechanism for authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution to provision configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent Can Assist You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can advise you about how to design protection into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to develop a documented security strategy to establish precise policies, deploy monitoring and tracking utilities, design and install a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes products from a variety of network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support services and
Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and recommend steps to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting can help you configure a firewall, set up safe remote connectivity to email and corporate data, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
To find out more information concerning Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco products, pick a subject:
To get in touch with Progent about professional help for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.