Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized businesses offer a complete set of easy-to-manage network protection devices and utilities to help you to safeguard your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive product line of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN concentrators. Progent's expert support staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your company to choose and integrate VPN and protection technologies that align optimally with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for configuring a Virtual Private Network system, allowing you to choose the option that most closely fits your operational requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption boards, or with physical units, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or devoted VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to integrate and manage and provide the flexibility to grow along with changing operational requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a full line of security offerings designed for stopping stealing information, virus infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other dangers to your system. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based functions integrated into switches
- Router based: VPN features integrated into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to permit or block access to the network or applications
- Router based: Firewall functions integrated into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for detecting attacks internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for detecting, remediating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector incorporated into a Cisco firewall to find and document intrusions at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco switch to sense and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability built into a switch to sense and document attacks at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned access control framework for authentication, authorization, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for device configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to help you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security consultants can show you how to build protection into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to create a written security plan to define precise security policies, install monitoring and auditing software, design and install a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates products from diverse network companies, offer Microsoft ISA 2006 Server support services and
Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about steps to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote and mobile access to email and business data, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To learn additional details concerning Progent's professional expertise for Cisco technology, pick a topic:
If you wish to contact Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.