Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) provide a comprehensive range of manageable security devices and utilities to enable you to protect your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive product line of security and VPN solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your organization to choose and integrate VPN and security technologies that work optimally with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for implementing a VPN solution, allowing you to choose the option that most closely fits your operational needs. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are simple to deploy and administer and offer the flexibility to evolve with your changing operational needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products aimed at stopping stealing information, virus infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other dangers to your system. Categories and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for setting up and managing VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-focused functions integrated into switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features incorporated into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software device to permit or deny connectivity to the network or applications
- Router based: Firewall functions built into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for detecting intrusions inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for finding, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a firewall to detect and report penetrations at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to detect and report intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to detect and document penetrations at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access control framework for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to assist you to select, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can show you how to design protection into your business operations. Progent can assist you to produce a written security strategy to establish precise policies, deploy scanning and auditing software, create and install a protected network architecture that incorporates technology from diverse vendors, provide Microsoft ISA 2006 Server consulting and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and recommend steps to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote access to messaging and business information, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
For more details concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco solutions, select a subject:
To ask Progent about engineering help for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.