Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size businesses provide a comprehensive range of manageable security devices and utilities to allow you to secure your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and VPN solutions includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your organization to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that align optimally with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several alternatives for implementing a VPN system, so you can choose the approach that most closely aligns with your operational needs. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with IOS Software, through utilities and AIM hardware encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are easy to deploy and manage and offer the flexibility to grow with your changing business requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a full line of products designed for preventing stealing information, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other threats to your system. Categories and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software device for configuring and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based functions built into Cisco switches
- Router based: VPN capability built into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to permit or block connectivity to the network or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall capability designed into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for finding intrusions within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for finding, remediating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor within a firewall to detect and document penetrations at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector incorporated into a Catalyst switch to detect and report intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to detect and document intrusions at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Central access management mechanism for authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for device configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help You with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to select, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can show you how to design security into your business processes. Progent can help you to create a documented security plan to establish precise security policies, deploy scanning and tracking software, design and install a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes technology from diverse vendors, provide MS ISA 2006 Server support and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and advise you about procedures to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you configure a firewall, set up secure remote access to email and corporate information, and install or repair VPNs.
To learn additional details concerning Progent's consulting support for Cisco technology, select a subject:
To ask Progent about professional assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.