Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a complete set of easy-to-manage security products and technologies to enable you to safeguard your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's rich catalog of security and VPN solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can help your organization to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and security solutions that work best with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several options for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, so you can choose the approach that best aligns with your business needs. You can install both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption cards, or with physical units, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to integrate and manage and offer the versatility to evolve along with changing operational needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of security offerings designed for stopping stealing information, virus outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your system. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for setting up and managing VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions built into switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN support integrated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software device to permit or block access to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall functions integrated into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for detecting penetrations inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for finding, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco firewall to find and report intrusions at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector within a Catalyst switch to find and report intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to detect and report attacks at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned access management framework for user authentication, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for device configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to select, integrate, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can show you how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to develop a documented security plan to define clear policies, deploy scanning and tracking utilities, create and implement a secure network architecture that includes technology from a variety of network companies, provide Microsoft ISA 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and advise you about steps to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote connectivity to email and corporate data, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To see more details about Progent's consulting assistance for Cisco products, choose a topic:
To ask Progent about engineering help for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.