Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size companies offer a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage network protection devices and utilities to enable you to secure your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your organization to choose and deploy VPN and protection technologies that work best with your business.
Cisco offers several options for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can select the approach that most closely fits your business needs. You can install both remote access and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption cards, or with hardware devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are simple to integrate and administer and offer the flexibility to evolve along with future business needs.
Products Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a full line of security offerings aimed at stopping stealing information, virus infections, DDoS attacks, and other dangers to your system. Categories and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for configuring and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based features designed into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network functionality incorporated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software device to permit or block connectivity to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall capability designed into Cisco routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for detecting penetrations internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability built into a firewall to sense and document penetrations at the network perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to detect and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to find and report intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned access control framework for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Consultants Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to assist you to select, integrate, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can show you how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to create a written security strategy to define clear security policies, deploy monitoring and tracking software, create and install a protected network architecture that includes products from a variety of vendors, provide Microsoft ISA 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and advise you about steps to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote and mobile connectivity to messaging and corporate information, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To see more details about Progent's professional help for Cisco solutions, choose a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about consulting support for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.