Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size companies provide a complete range of easy-to-manage network protection hardware and software to allow you to secure your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, IDS, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your organization to choose and integrate VPN and protection solutions that work optimally with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides multiple alternatives for configuring a VPN system, allowing you to select the approach that most closely aligns with your operational requirements. You can install both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption boards, or with hardware units, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to deploy and manage and provide the flexibility to evolve along with your changing business requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of security offerings aimed at preventing stealing information, virus and worm infections, DDoS attacks, and other dangers to your network. Categories and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based features integrated into switches
- Router based: VPN features built into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to permit or block access to the network or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall functions designed into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for finding intrusions internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for detecting, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability within a Cisco firewall to find and report attacks at the network perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor built into a switch to sense and document attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to find and document attacks at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized access control mechanism for user validation, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent's Engineers Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to assist you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security professionals can show you how to build security into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security plan to define clear security policies, deploy scanning and auditing software, create and install a secure network architecture that includes products from a variety of network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and recommend steps to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote connectivity to messaging and corporate data, and implement or repair VPNs.
To see more information concerning Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco networking products, pick a topic:
In order to ask Progent about technical support for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.