Cisco's security solutions for small to mid-sized businesses provide a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage network protection hardware and software to enable you to secure your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive product line of security and VPN technologies includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your company to choose and integrate Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that align best with your business.
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for configuring a Virtual Private Network system, allowing you to select the option that most closely aligns with your operational requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with software and AIM hardware encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are simple to integrate and administer and offer the flexibility to grow along with future operational requirements.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco has a full line of security offerings aimed at stopping data theft, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other threats to your network. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for configuring and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based functions integrated into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: VPN capability integrated into routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to allow or block connectivity to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall functions built into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for uncovering penetrations within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for detecting, remediating, and reporting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor incorporated into a Cisco firewall to detect and document penetrations at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector within a Catalyst switch to detect and report intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to find and document intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned user access management mechanism for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent Can Assist You with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to select, integrate, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can show you how to build protection into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to produce a written security strategy to establish precise security policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, create and implement a protected network infrastructure that includes products from a variety of network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and recommend procedures to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote and mobile access to messaging and corporate data, and install or repair VPNs.
To find out additional information about Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco technology, select a topic:
To ask Progent about engineering support for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.