Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized companies provide a complete set of manageable network protection hardware and software to enable you to safeguard your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and VPN solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's expert consulting engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your company to choose and deploy VPN and security solutions that align optimally with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers several alternatives for implementing a VPN system, so you can choose the approach that best fits your operational needs. You can install both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption cards, or with physical appliances, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are easy to integrate and manage and provide the flexibility to grow with changing operational requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco has a full line of security offerings aimed at stopping data theft, virus infections, Denial of Service attacks, and other dangers to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and managing VPNs
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-based functions integrated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN features incorporated into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to allow or deny access to the infrastructure or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall capability built into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for finding attacks internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for detecting, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector incorporated into a Cisco firewall to sense and document penetrations at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Catalyst switch to sense and report intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to sense and document attacks at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned user access management framework for user authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can show you how to design security into your company's operations. Progent can help you to produce a written security plan to establish precise security policies, deploy monitoring and tracking software, create and install a protected connectivity architecture that includes technology from a variety of vendors, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG configuration help, and recommend steps to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a firewall, set up safe remote and mobile connectivity to email and corporate data, and implement or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To find out additional details about Progent's consulting support for Cisco networking products, choose a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about professional support for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.