Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a complete set of easy-to-manage security devices and utilities to allow you to protect your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies includes routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your organization to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that work best with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides several alternatives for implementing a VPN system, so you can choose the approach that best aligns with your operational needs. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and AIM hardware encryption cards, or with physical units, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to integrate and administer and offer the flexibility to evolve along with changing operational requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco has a full line of security offerings aimed at stopping stealing information, virus infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to your system. Categories and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for setting up and managing VPNs
- Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions integrated into switches
- Router based: VPN functionality incorporated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to allow or block access to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall features designed into Cisco routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for uncovering penetrations internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for detecting, remediating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco firewall to sense and document penetrations at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco switch to sense and document intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to find and document penetrations at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central access control mechanism for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help You with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security consultants can show you how to design security into your company's operations. Progent can help you to develop a written security plan to define precise security policies, install monitoring and tracking software, create and implement a secure network architecture that incorporates products from diverse network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and advise you about procedures to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you configure a firewall, design safe remote access to messaging and business information, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
To see more details concerning Progent's consulting assistance for Cisco networking products, pick a subject:
In order to contact Progent about consulting expertise for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.