Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size companies offer a complete range of easy-to-manage network protection hardware and software to allow you to secure your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's rich catalog of security and VPN technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your organization to select and integrate VPN and security solutions that work best with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several alternatives for implementing a VPN solution, so you can select the option that best fits your operational requirements. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption boards, or with hardware devices, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to deploy and manage and offer the flexibility to grow along with changing operational requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a full line of security offerings designed for stopping data theft, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other dangers to your system. Categories and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based functions incorporated into switches
- Router controlled: VPN functionality integrated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted hardware or software device to allow or block connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall features designed into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for finding intrusions within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a firewall to find and document intrusions at the network public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector incorporated into a switch to find and report attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to sense and document attacks at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access control mechanism for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for device configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to assist you to select, integrate, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security professionals can show you how to design protection into your business processes. Progent can assist you to produce a written security plan to establish clear security policies, deploy monitoring and tracking utilities, create and implement a protected connectivity architecture that incorporates products from diverse network companies, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting services and
Microsoft Forefront TMG integration, and recommend steps to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, design safe remote and mobile connectivity to email and corporate information, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To learn more information about Progent's consulting assistance for Cisco technology, select a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about technical expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.