Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size businesses provide a comprehensive set of manageable security devices and utilities to enable you to secure your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and VPN technologies features routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your organization to select and deploy VPN and security solutions that align best with your business.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several options for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to select the option that most closely aligns with your operational requirements. You can install both remote access and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and AIM encryption boards, or with hardware devices, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and manage and offer the versatility to evolve with your changing business needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a full line of products aimed at preventing information theft, virus infections, DDoS assaults, and other threats to your network. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused features incorporated into switches
- Router based: Virtual Private Network features built into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to permit or block access to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for detecting intrusions internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Cisco firewall to detect and document attacks at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability within a Catalyst switch to find and document attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to sense and report intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned access management mechanism for user authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security professionals can show you how to build protection into your business processes. Progent can assist you to produce a written security strategy to establish precise policies, deploy monitoring and auditing software, create and implement a protected network infrastructure that includes products from a variety of network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and recommend procedures to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, design secure remote access to email and business data, and implement or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To find out more details concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco networking products, choose a topic:
In order to ask Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.