Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size companies provide a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage network protection hardware and software to help you to secure your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your organization to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that work best with your environment.
Cisco offers several options for configuring a VPN system, allowing you to choose the option that most closely aligns with your business requirements. You can install both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with software and AIM encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are simple to deploy and administer and offer the versatility to grow along with your changing business requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a full line of products aimed at stopping information theft, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other dangers to your system. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for configuring and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused features integrated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: Virtual Private Network functionality incorporated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to permit or block access to the network or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for detecting intrusions internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for finding, mitigating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector built into a Cisco firewall to detect and report penetrations at the network public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to sense and document intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to sense and report penetrations at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized access control framework for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution for device configuration and security policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to select, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to design security into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to develop a written security plan to establish precise security policies, install monitoring and tracking software, create and implement a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates products from diverse network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront TMG integration, and advise you about steps to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote and mobile access to messaging and corporate information, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
To see more details about Progent's consulting support for Cisco solutions, pick a topic:
If you wish to contact Progent about professional expertise for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.