Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) offer a comprehensive range of manageable network protection devices and utilities to allow you to protect your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network solutions includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert consulting engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your organization to choose and integrate Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that work optimally with your environment.
Cisco provides multiple options for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, so you can select the option that best aligns with your business requirements. You can install both remote access and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and manage and offer the versatility to grow with changing business requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a full line of products designed for stopping data theft, virus and worm infections, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your system. Categories and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software device for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch based: Identity-based functions incorporated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features integrated into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated hardware or software mechanism to permit or deny connectivity to the network or applications
- Router based: Firewall functions designed into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for detecting attacks within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for detecting, mitigating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector built into a Cisco firewall to find and report attacks at the network public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to sense and document attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor built into a switch to find and document intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access management framework for authentication, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism to provision device configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to select, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security specialists can show you how to build protection into your business processes. Progent can assist you to produce a written security plan to define precise policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, create and implement a secure connectivity infrastructure that includes technology from a variety of vendors, provide MS ISA 2006 Server consulting services and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and advise you about procedures to optimize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a firewall, design secure remote and mobile access to email and corporate data, and implement or repair VPNs.
For more details about Progent's professional support for Cisco solutions, pick a topic:
To contact Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.