Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) offer a comprehensive set of easy-to-manage network protection devices and utilities to allow you to secure your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and Virtual Private Network solutions features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your company to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that align best with your business.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides several alternatives for implementing a VPN solution, allowing you to select the approach that most closely aligns with your business needs. You can install both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module encryption cards, or with hardware devices, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are simple to integrate and administer and provide the flexibility to grow with your changing operational requirements.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco has a full line of security offerings designed for preventing data theft, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other threats to your system. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based functions designed into switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN features designed into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted hardware or software device to allow or block connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall functions integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for finding penetrations inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or program for finding, remediating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Detector built into a Cisco firewall to sense and report penetrations at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector built into a Catalyst switch to sense and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to detect and document intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned user access control framework for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to assist you to choose, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to build security into your business operations. Progent can assist you to develop a documented security plan to define precise policies, install scanning and tracking utilities, create and implement a secure connectivity architecture that includes products from diverse vendors, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and advise you about procedures to optimize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a firewall, design secure remote and mobile connectivity to messaging and corporate data, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
To see more information concerning Progent's consulting support for Cisco networking products, choose a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.