Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized businesses offer a complete range of manageable network protection devices and utilities to enable you to protect your wired and wireless network infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your organization to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that align best with your business.
Cisco provides multiple options for configuring a Virtual Private Network system, so you can choose the approach that best aligns with your business requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site VPNs with IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption boards, or with physical devices, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to integrate and administer and offer the flexibility to grow along with changing business requirements.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco has a full catalog of security offerings designed for preventing stealing data, virus infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other threats to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions built into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: VPN support incorporated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software device to permit or block connectivity to the network or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for finding intrusions within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for detecting, remediating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector incorporated into a Cisco firewall to detect and report attacks at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to find and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to detect and report intrusions at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access control framework for user authentication, authorization, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision device configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to help you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security professionals can show you how to build security into your business processes. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security strategy to define clear policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, create and implement a secure network infrastructure that includes technology from a variety of vendors, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and recommend steps to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote and mobile connectivity to messaging and business data, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
To learn more details about Progent's consulting help for Cisco products, choose a subject:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about technical help for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.