Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized companies provide a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage network protection hardware and software to allow you to protect your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's rich catalog of security and Virtual Private Network technologies features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can assist your organization to choose and integrate Virtual Private Network and security technologies that work optimally with your environment.
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for implementing a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can choose the option that best aligns with your operational needs. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption boards, or with hardware devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to evolve with your changing operational needs.
Components Included in Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a full catalog of products designed for stopping stealing data, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other threats to your system. Categories and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based features designed into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: VPN support designed into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Dedicated silicon or software device to permit or block connectivity to the infrastructure or applications
- Router based: Firewall features built into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for uncovering penetrations inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector built into a Cisco firewall to detect and report intrusions at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector built into a Catalyst switch to find and report intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to sense and report penetrations at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central user access management mechanism for user validation, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to select, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can show you how to build protection into your company's processes. Progent can help you to produce a documented security plan to define clear policies, install monitoring and auditing utilities, design and install a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates products from a variety of network companies, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about procedures to maximize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote connectivity to email and business information, and implement or repair VPNs.
For additional details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco technology, select a subject:
In order to ask Progent about professional expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.