Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a complete range of manageable security products and technologies to allow you to safeguard your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's extensive product line of security and Virtual Private Network solutions includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and VPN concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can help your company to choose and deploy VPN and security solutions that align best with your environment.
Cisco provides multiple alternatives for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can select the approach that most closely aligns with your business requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and AIM encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are simple to integrate and manage and offer the versatility to grow with changing business needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco has a full catalog of security offerings aimed at preventing information theft, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to your network. Classifications and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for configuring and managing VPNs
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions incorporated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features integrated into routers
- Extended perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software device to permit or block access to the network or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall features incorporated into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for uncovering attacks internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for uncovering, remediating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability within a Cisco firewall to detect and report attacks at the network public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a switch to detect and report penetrations at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to sense and report attacks at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Central user access management mechanism for user validation, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution for configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to assist you to select, integrate, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can advise you about how to design security into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to develop a documented security strategy to define precise policies, install monitoring and auditing utilities, design and implement a secure connectivity infrastructure that incorporates technology from diverse vendors, provide MS ISA 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront TMG configuration help, and advise you about procedures to optimize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, design secure remote access to messaging and business data, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
For additional details about Progent's engineering expertise for Cisco products, select a subject:
In order to contact Progent about consulting assistance for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.