Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size companies offer a complete range of easy-to-manage network protection products and technologies to allow you to secure your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's extensive product line of security and Virtual Private Network technologies features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your organization to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that align best with your environment.
Cisco offers multiple options for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can select the option that most closely aligns with your operational needs. You can install both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption cards, or with physical units, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to deploy and administer and offer the flexibility to grow with changing operational needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive catalog of security offerings aimed at preventing stealing data, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service attacks, and other threats to your system. Classifications and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for configuring and managing VPNs
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions incorporated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: Virtual Private Network support integrated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to permit or block access to the network or applications
- Router based: Firewall features designed into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for detecting penetrations internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for uncovering, remediating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector incorporated into a Cisco firewall to find and document intrusions at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector built into a Catalyst switch to find and report attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to sense and document attacks at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central access control mechanism for authentication, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to choose, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security professionals can show you how to build security into your business processes. Progent can assist you to develop a written security plan to define clear security policies, deploy monitoring and tracking software, create and implement a secure connectivity architecture that includes products from diverse network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront TMG integration, and recommend steps to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote access to messaging and corporate data, and install or repair VPNs.
To find out additional details concerning Progent's engineering help for Cisco networking products, pick a topic:
To ask Progent about technical expertise for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.