Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size businesses provide a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage network protection hardware and software to enable you to safeguard your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and Virtual Private Network solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's expert support staff includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your organization to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that align optimally with your business.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers multiple options for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to choose the option that most closely aligns with your business needs. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module encryption boards, or with physical appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or devoted Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to integrate and manage and offer the flexibility to evolve with your changing operational needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive line of security offerings aimed at preventing stealing information, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other threats to your system. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused features integrated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: Virtual Private Network features designed into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to allow or block connectivity to the network or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall functions integrated into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for finding intrusions within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for detecting, mitigating, and reporting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector built into a Cisco firewall to sense and report intrusions at the network public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector within a Catalyst switch to detect and report penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to detect and report penetrations at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access control mechanism for user validation, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution for device configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to assist you to choose, integrate, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security professionals can advise you about how to build protection into your business processes. Progent can help you to create a written security strategy to establish precise policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, design and install a secure connectivity architecture that incorporates technology from diverse network companies, provide MS ISA 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and advise you about procedures to maximize the protection of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you implement a firewall, design secure remote access to email and corporate data, and implement or repair VPNs.
To learn additional details concerning Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco products, pick a subject:
In order to get in touch with Progent about engineering expertise for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.