Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to medium size businesses offer a comprehensive set of manageable security devices and utilities to allow you to protect your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's expert consulting engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your organization to select and integrate VPN and protection solutions that align best with your business.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides several alternatives for configuring a VPN system, so you can choose the option that best aligns with your operational needs. You can install both remote access and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module encryption cards, or with hardware units, such as a VPN concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to integrate and administer and provide the versatility to grow along with changing operational needs.
Products Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of security offerings aimed at preventing stealing information, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service attacks, and other dangers to your network. Categories and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software device for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Switch based: Identity-focused functions incorporated into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network support built into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to permit or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall functions integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for finding penetrations within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for finding, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco firewall to sense and report penetrations at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor built into a switch to sense and document attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector within a switch to sense and document intrusions at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized access control mechanism for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent's Consultants Can Assist You with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can advise you about how to design protection into your business processes. Progent can help you to produce a written security plan to define clear security policies, deploy monitoring and tracking software, create and install a secure connectivity architecture that includes products from diverse network companies, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Forefront TMG integration, and recommend steps to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote connectivity to messaging and business information, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To find out more information about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco technology, pick a subject:
If you wish to ask Progent about professional expertise for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.