Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) provide a comprehensive set of manageable network protection devices and utilities to enable you to safeguard your entire network environment. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies includes routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's seasoned support staff includes experienced professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your organization to select and integrate Virtual Private Network and security technologies that align best with your environment.
Cisco provides multiple options for implementing a VPN system, so you can choose the option that best aligns with your business needs. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, through software and AIM encryption cards, or with hardware units, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to evolve along with future business needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of products aimed at preventing stealing data, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service attacks, and other dangers to your system. Categories and security products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused functions incorporated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN support incorporated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to allow or deny access to the infrastructure or applications
- Router based: Firewall features integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for finding attacks within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for detecting, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability within a firewall to find and report attacks at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco switch to find and document intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to detect and report intrusions at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned access management mechanism for user validation, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism to provision device configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Products
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to select, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security specialists can show you how to build protection into your business operations. Progent can assist you to create a written security plan to establish clear policies, install scanning and tracking utilities, design and install a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes products from diverse network companies, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront TMG integration, and advise you about steps to optimize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, design secure remote and mobile connectivity to email and business data, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To find out more details concerning Progent's engineering support for Cisco products, choose a topic:
If you wish to get in touch with Progent about professional help for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.