Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) provide a comprehensive range of manageable network protection hardware and software to enable you to safeguard your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN concentrators. Progent's expert consulting engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your company to choose and integrate VPN and protection technologies that work best with your environment.
Cisco provides several options for configuring a VPN solution, so you can select the option that most closely fits your business needs. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, through utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption cards, or with physical devices, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to evolve with your changing business requirements.
Components Associated with Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products designed for preventing stealing data, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service assaults, and other dangers to your network. Categories and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-focused features designed into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN support integrated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to allow or block access to the network or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall capability designed into Cisco routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for finding attacks within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for detecting, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Cisco firewall to detect and document attacks at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Catalyst switch to find and document intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to sense and report attacks at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized access control framework for user authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism to provision configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent Can Assist You with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to build security into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to create a documented security plan to establish precise policies, deploy monitoring and tracking software, create and implement a secure connectivity infrastructure that incorporates technology from a variety of network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and advise you about steps to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a firewall, set up secure remote connectivity to messaging and business data, and install or repair VPNs.
To see additional details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco products, choose a subject:
In order to ask Progent about professional support for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.