Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized companies provide a complete range of manageable security hardware and software to enable you to protect your entire network infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of security and Virtual Private Network technologies features routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your company to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and security technologies that align optimally with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers several options for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, allowing you to select the approach that most closely aligns with your business requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and site-to-site VPNs with IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption cards, or with hardware devices, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated Virtual Private Network server for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network approaches are easy to integrate and manage and provide the versatility to evolve with your changing business requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco offers a full line of security offerings designed for preventing information theft, virus and worm infections, Denial of Service assaults, and other dangers to your network. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for setting up and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions integrated into switches
- Router based: Virtual Private Network capability incorporated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software mechanism to allow or deny access to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall functions incorporated into Cisco routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for detecting penetrations within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for finding, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability within a firewall to sense and report penetrations at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector within a switch to detect and report attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to sense and document intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS: Central access control framework for authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Help You with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to assist you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security specialists can advise you about how to build protection into your business operations. Progent can assist you to develop a written security plan to define clear policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, create and install a secure network architecture that includes technology from a variety of network companies, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG integration, and recommend steps to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting can help you configure a firewall, design secure remote connectivity to email and corporate information, and install or repair VPNs.
To find out additional information concerning Progent's professional expertise for Cisco networking products, pick a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about technical assistance for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.