Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) offer a complete set of manageable network protection products and technologies to allow you to safeguard your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's extensive product line of protection and Virtual Private Network solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned support engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your company to select and deploy Virtual Private Network and security solutions that work best with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for implementing a VPN system, allowing you to select the option that most closely fits your business requirements. You can install both remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module encryption boards, or with hardware units, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower, or devoted Virtual Private Network processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to deploy and manage and offer the versatility to grow with changing business requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco has a full catalog of products aimed at stopping data theft, virus outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other threats to your system. Classifications and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software device for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions built into switches
- Router controlled: VPN functionality built into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to allow or deny connectivity to the network or applications
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall functions designed into Cisco routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for detecting penetrations inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a firewall to sense and document attacks at the system public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Catalyst switch to detect and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector within a switch to detect and report attacks at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned user access control framework for user validation, authorization, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or certified CCNP to help you to select, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security consultants can advise you about how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to create a documented security strategy to define clear policies, deploy monitoring and tracking utilities, create and implement a secure network architecture that includes technology from a variety of vendors, provide Microsoft ISA 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront TMG configuration help, and recommend procedures to optimize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, design safe remote access to email and business information, and implement or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
For additional information about Progent's consulting support for Cisco networking products, select a subject:
If you wish to contact Progent about technical help for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.