Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) offer a comprehensive range of easy-to-manage network protection devices and utilities to allow you to secure your wired and wireless network environment. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert support staff includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can assist your company to choose and deploy VPN and protection solutions that align best with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides multiple options for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, so you can select the approach that best aligns with your business requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with software and AIM hardware encryption boards, or with hardware units, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are easy to integrate and manage and offer the versatility to grow along with your changing business requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a full catalog of security offerings designed for stopping information theft, virus and worm outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other threats to your network. Categories and products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software device for configuring and administering Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions designed into Cisco switches
- Router based: VPN support designed into routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to permit or block connectivity to the infrastructure or applications
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall functions incorporated into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for finding attacks within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for uncovering, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensor within a Cisco firewall to find and document penetrations at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector incorporated into a Cisco switch to sense and document attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector incorporated into a switch to sense and report intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) using RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned user access management framework for user validation, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help Your Business with Cisco Security Products
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or certified CCNP to assist you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can show you how to design protection into your company's operations. Progent can help you to produce a written security strategy to define clear security policies, deploy scanning and auditing software, create and install a protected connectivity infrastructure that incorporates technology from diverse vendors, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway configuration help, and recommend steps to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote access to messaging and corporate data, and install or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To learn more information concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco products, pick a subject:
To ask Progent about professional expertise for Cisco technology, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.