Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized companies provide a complete range of easy-to-manage security devices and utilities to help you to safeguard your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies includes routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your company to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and security solutions that align best with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides multiple options for implementing a Virtual Private Network system, so you can select the option that best aligns with your business requirements. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption cards, or with hardware devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN server for dial-up functions. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to deploy and administer and provide the versatility to evolve with future operational requirements.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of products designed for stopping information theft, virus infections, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other dangers to your network. Categories and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions built into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN functionality incorporated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software device to allow or block connectivity to the network or applications
- Router based: Firewall functions incorporated into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for finding penetrations inside the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for finding, mitigating, and reporting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector built into a Cisco firewall to find and document intrusions at the network perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensor within a Cisco Catalyst Switch to sense and document attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to find and report intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized access control framework for authentication, authorization, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for device configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to help you to select, integrate, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can show you how to design security into your company's operations. Progent can assist you to create a documented security strategy to define precise security policies, install monitoring and tracking utilities, design and install a protected connectivity architecture that includes technology from diverse vendors, provide MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Microsoft Forefront TMG integration, and advise you about procedures to optimize the protection of your network. Progent's security expertise can help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, design secure remote connectivity to messaging and business data, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
For more information concerning Progent's professional support for Cisco solutions, choose a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about engineering assistance for Cisco networking, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.