Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to mid-sized businesses offer a comprehensive set of manageable security devices and utilities to help you to safeguard your entire connectivity environment. Cisco's rich product line of security and Virtual Private Network technologies features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's seasoned consulting engineers includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can help your company to select and deploy VPN and protection solutions that work best with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides several alternatives for configuring a Virtual Private Network system, allowing you to select the option that best aligns with your business requirements. You can set up both remote connectivity and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) encryption boards, or with hardware appliances, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to integrate and administer and offer the flexibility to evolve with changing operational requirements.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco has a full catalog of security offerings designed for preventing information theft, virus and worm outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other threats to your system. Classifications and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software mechanism for setting up and managing VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-based functions integrated into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router based: Virtual Private Network support built into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to permit or block access to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router controlled: Firewall features incorporated into routers
- Network-attached device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for detecting intrusions within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for uncovering, mitigating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco firewall to find and report penetrations at the network perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability built into a switch to sense and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to sense and report penetrations at the router
Secure Device Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centralized access management mechanism for authentication, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision device configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Company with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to choose, integrate, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISA and ISSAP security consultants can advise you about how to build protection into your company's operations. Progent can help you to develop a written security plan to establish clear policies, deploy monitoring and tracking software, design and implement a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes technology from a variety of vendors, provide MS ISA 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and recommend steps to optimize the protection of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you configure a firewall, set up safe remote access to messaging and business data, and implement or troubleshoot VPNs.
For additional information about Progent's professional support for Cisco products, pick a topic:
If you wish to ask Progent about professional assistance for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.