Cisco's security solutions for small to medium size businesses offer a comprehensive range of manageable network protection hardware and software to enable you to protect your wired and wireless connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and VPN technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, IDS, and VPN concentrators. Progent's expert support staff includes experienced consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can assist your organization to choose and integrate Virtual Private Network and security solutions that align optimally with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco provides several options for implementing a VPN system, allowing you to choose the approach that best aligns with your business requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, through software and Advanced Integrated Module encryption boards, or with hardware units, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN approaches are easy to integrate and manage and provide the versatility to grow with future operational requirements.
Products Included in Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products aimed at preventing stealing data, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service assaults, and other dangers to your network. Categories and security products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated hardware or software mechanism for configuring and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused features built into switches
- Router based: Virtual Private Network features integrated into routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software device to allow or deny connectivity to the network or applications
- Cisco Router based: Firewall functions built into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or program for finding attacks internal to the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for detecting, mitigating, and documenting penetrations on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector incorporated into a Cisco firewall to detect and report attacks at the network perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to sense and document intrusions at the switch
- Router sensor: Detector built into a switch to sense and report intrusions at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned access management framework for user authentication, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution to provision device configuration and security policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional to assist you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can show you how to design protection into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to develop a written security plan to establish clear policies, install monitoring and auditing software, create and install a protected connectivity infrastructure that includes products from a variety of vendors, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and advise you about steps to optimize the protection of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, design secure remote access to email and corporate information, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To see additional details about Progent's engineering help for Cisco products, choose a subject:
If you wish to ask Progent about professional support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.