Cisco's security and VPN technologies for small to medium size businesses provide a complete range of manageable security devices and utilities to enable you to secure your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's rich catalog of protection and VPN solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's expert support staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can help your organization to choose and deploy VPN and security technologies that align optimally with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for implementing a VPN solution, so you can select the approach that best aligns with your business needs. You can set up both remote connectivity and office-to-office VPNs with IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption cards, or with physical devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up functions. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to deploy and manage and provide the versatility to grow along with changing business needs.
Components Associated with Cisco's Protection Technology
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products aimed at preventing information theft, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service assaults, and other threats to your network. Categories and products include:
- VPN device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused functions built into Cisco switches
- Router controlled: Virtual Private Network features integrated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall appliance: Devoted hardware or software mechanism to permit or deny connectivity to the infrastructure or applications
- Router controlled: Firewall functions incorporated into routers
- Network-based appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software for detecting attacks inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or program for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a firewall to find and report attacks at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensing capability incorporated into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to detect and report intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector within a switch to find and report intrusions at the router
Safe Device Management and Policy
- ACS using RADIUS and TACACS: Centralized user access control framework for user validation, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable solution to provision device configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and IPS
How Progent's Engineers Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can show you how to build protection into your company's operations. Progent can help you to produce a documented security plan to define precise policies, install monitoring and tracking utilities, create and install a protected connectivity architecture that incorporates products from a variety of network companies, provide MS ISA 2006 Server consulting and
Forefront TMG integration, and recommend steps to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up safe remote connectivity to messaging and business data, and implement or repair Virtual Private Networks.
For more information about Progent's engineering help for Cisco solutions, select a topic:
In order to get in touch with Progent about consulting assistance for Cisco products, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.