Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to medium size businesses (SMBs) offer a comprehensive set of manageable network protection hardware and software to allow you to safeguard your wired and wireless network infrastructure. Cisco's rich product line of security and VPN technologies features routers, switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and VPN access concentrators. Progent's expert support staff includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE credentials who can help your organization to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and security solutions that work best with your business.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides multiple options for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, allowing you to select the option that best fits your operational needs. You can set up both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with software and AIM hardware encryption boards, or with physical units, such as a Virtual Private Network access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to integrate and manage and provide the flexibility to evolve along with your changing business requirements.
Components Included in Cisco's Security Technology
Cisco offers a full line of products designed for preventing information theft, virus and worm infections, DDoS attacks, and other threats to your system. Classifications and products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based features built into switches
- Router controlled: VPN support incorporated into routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to allow or deny access to the infrastructure or applications
- Router based: Firewall features integrated into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for finding attacks within the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software for finding, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Detector built into a Cisco firewall to sense and document attacks at the network public/private edge
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector within a Cisco switch to find and document attacks at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability built into a switch to sense and report attacks at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned user access management framework for user authentication, permission, and accounting from an easy-to-use web utility
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism to provision configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and IPS
How Progent's Consultants Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or certified CCNP to help you to choose, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security specialists can advise you about how to build security into your business operations. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security strategy to establish clear policies, deploy monitoring and auditing utilities, design and install a protected network infrastructure that incorporates products from a variety of network companies, offer MS Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support services and
Forefront TMG 2010 integration, and recommend procedures to optimize the safety of your infrastructure. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, design secure remote and mobile connectivity to messaging and business data, and implement or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To find out more details about Progent's engineering help for Cisco technology, pick a subject:
To contact Progent about technical support for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.