Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to medium size businesses provide a comprehensive set of manageable network protection products and technologies to enable you to safeguard your entire connectivity infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of security and Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your organization to select and integrate VPN and security technologies that work best with your business.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco offers multiple options for implementing a VPN system, so you can select the approach that most closely fits your operational needs. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption cards, or with physical units, such as a VPN concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower Services, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco Virtual Private Network solutions are simple to deploy and administer and offer the flexibility to grow along with future operational needs.
Products Included in Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a comprehensive catalog of products aimed at preventing information theft, virus outbreaks, Denial of Service (DDoS) assaults, and other dangers to your system. Categories and products include:
- Virtual Private Network device (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for setting up and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Family Switch based: Identity-focused functions designed into switches
- Router controlled: VPN capability incorporated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software mechanism to permit or block connectivity to the network or applications
- Router based: Firewall capability integrated into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or software for detecting penetrations internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for uncovering, mitigating, and reporting penetrations on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability built into a firewall to find and document attacks at the system public/private edge
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Detector built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to sense and document penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensing capability within a switch to sense and document intrusions at the router
Safe Management and Policy
- Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) utilizing RADIUS and TACACS: Centrally provisioned user access management mechanism for user validation, permission, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution to provision device configuration and security policies for Cisco firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent's Engineers Can Help You with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to help you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM and CISSP security consultants can advise you about how to build protection into your business operations. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security strategy to establish clear policies, deploy scanning and auditing software, create and implement a protected connectivity architecture that incorporates technology from a variety of vendors, provide Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server consulting services and
Forefront Threat Management Gateway integration, and advise you about procedures to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise is available to help you configure a firewall, set up safe remote connectivity to messaging and corporate data, and install or repair Virtual Private Networks.
To learn additional details about Progent's professional expertise for Cisco products, choose a topic:
To get in touch with Progent about engineering help for Cisco products, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.