Cisco's security and VPN solutions for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) offer a complete set of easy-to-manage network protection devices and utilities to help you to protect your wired and wireless network infrastructure. Cisco's rich catalog of security and Virtual Private Network solutions features routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, and VPN access concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE certification who can help your company to choose and deploy VPN and protection solutions that align best with your environment.
Cisco offers several options for configuring a Virtual Private Network solution, so you can choose the approach that most closely aligns with your business requirements. You can install both remote connectivity and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with Cisco IOS Software, with software and Advanced Integrated Module (AIM) hardware encryption cards, or with hardware devices, such as a Virtual Private Network concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower, or devoted VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to integrate and administer and offer the versatility to evolve with changing business requirements.
Products Associated with Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco offers a full catalog of security offerings designed for preventing stealing information, virus outbreaks, DDoS attacks, and other dangers to your system. Classifications and products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Dedicated physical unit or software device for setting up and administering VPNs
- Catalyst and Nexus Family Switch controlled: Identity-based functions integrated into switches
- Cisco Router controlled: Virtual Private Network capability incorporated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter security
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated hardware or software device to allow or block connectivity to the infrastructure or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall capability built into routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for detecting penetrations internal to the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated hardware or software for uncovering, remediating, and documenting intrusions on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensing capability within a Cisco firewall to detect and document attacks at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Sensing capability built into a Cisco Catalyst Switch to detect and report penetrations at the switch
- Router sensor: Sensor incorporated into a switch to sense and document intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Centrally provisioned user access management framework for user validation, authorization, and accounting from an graphical Web interface
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable solution for device configuration and policies for firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent Can Help Your Company with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can provide a certified CCIE or certified CCNP to help you to choose, deploy, and maintain Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security consultants can show you how to design security into your business processes. Progent can help you to develop a documented security plan to establish precise policies, install scanning and auditing utilities, design and implement a protected connectivity infrastructure that incorporates technology from diverse vendors, offer Microsoft ISA 2006 Server support services and
Forefront TMG integration, and advise you about procedures to maximize the safety of your network. Progent's security consulting is available to help you configure a PIX or ASA firewall, design secure remote and mobile connectivity to email and business data, and install or troubleshoot VPNs.
For additional information concerning Progent's engineering assistance for Cisco networking products, select a topic:
If you wish to contact Progent about professional assistance for Cisco technology, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.