Cisco's security technologies for small to mid-sized companies provide a complete set of manageable security devices and utilities to enable you to protect your entire network environment. Cisco's rich product line of protection and Virtual Private Network solutions includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network concentrators. Progent's expert support engineers includes veteran professionals with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP credentials who can assist your company to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection technologies that work best with your environment.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Cisco provides multiple options for configuring a Virtual Private Network system, so you can select the option that best fits your business needs. You can install both remote access and site-to-site VPNs with Cisco IOS Software, with utilities and Advanced Integrated Module hardware encryption cards, or with physical devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, ASA 5500-X firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN processor for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are easy to integrate and manage and provide the versatility to evolve with changing business needs.
Components Included in Cisco's Security Solution
Cisco has a full line of products aimed at stopping stealing data, virus outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your system. Classifications and security products include:
- VPN appliance (Cisco VPN access concentrators and clients): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for setting up and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch based: Identity-based features integrated into switches
- Cisco Router based: Virtual Private Network features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Expanded perimeter protection
- Cisco PIX or ASA Firewall: Devoted silicon or software device to permit or deny access to the infrastructure or processes
- Router controlled: Firewall functions integrated into routers
- Network-based device (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or program for finding attacks inside the organization's network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or software mechanism for finding, remediating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Cisco Firewall sensor: Sensing capability within a Cisco firewall to sense and document penetrations at the system perimeter
- Cisco Catalyst sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco switch to detect and report intrusions at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Detector incorporated into a switch to find and document attacks at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- ACS utilizing RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central access management mechanism for user authentication, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Expandable mechanism for configuration and policies for firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems
How Progent Can Assist Your Business with Cisco Security Technology
Progent can provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) to assist you to select, deploy, and support Cisco security solutions. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security consultants can advise you about how to build protection into your business operations. Progent can assist you to produce a documented security strategy to define precise policies, install scanning and tracking utilities, create and implement a secure network architecture that incorporates products from diverse vendors, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG integration, and advise you about procedures to maximize the protection of your infrastructure. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a firewall, design safe remote and mobile access to email and corporate data, and implement or repair VPNs.
For more details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco technology, pick a topic:
If you wish to contact Progent about consulting support for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.