Cisco's security technologies for small to medium size businesses offer a complete range of manageable security hardware and software to enable you to safeguard your wired and wireless connectivity environment. Cisco's extensive catalog of security and Virtual Private Network technologies includes routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches, PIX and ASA firewalls, IDS, and Virtual Private Network access concentrators. Progent's expert consulting staff includes veteran consultants with Cisco's CCIE and CCNP certification who can assist your organization to choose and deploy Virtual Private Network and protection solutions that align optimally with your environment.
Cisco Virtual Private Networks
Cisco offers multiple alternatives for implementing a VPN system, so you can select the option that most closely aligns with your business needs. You can set up both remote access and office-to-office Virtual Private Networks with IOS Software, through utilities and AIM hardware encryption cards, or with physical devices, such as a VPN access concentrator, router, Cisco ASA firewalls with Firepower, or dedicated VPN server for dial-up services. All Cisco VPN solutions are simple to deploy and administer and provide the flexibility to evolve with your changing business needs.
Products Associated with Cisco's Protection Solution
Cisco has a comprehensive line of products designed for preventing information theft, virus outbreaks, DDoS assaults, and other dangers to your system. Categories and products include:
- Virtual Private Network appliance (Cisco Virtual Private Network concentrators and clients): Devoted physical unit or software mechanism for configuring and managing Virtual Private Networks
- Catalyst and Cisco Nexus Switch controlled: Identity-focused features built into Cisco switches
- Cisco Router controlled: VPN features incorporated into Cisco routers
- Extended perimeter protection
- PIX or ASA Firewall: Dedicated silicon or software device to permit or deny connectivity to the network or processes
- Cisco Router based: Firewall features built into Cisco routers
- Network-attached appliance (Cisco Security Agent): Dedicated physical unit or program for uncovering attacks within the company network
- Host-based software (Cisco Security Agent): Devoted hardware or program for uncovering, mitigating, and documenting attacks on hosts
- Firewall sensor: Sensor built into a Cisco firewall to find and report intrusions at the system perimeter
- Catalyst Switch sensor: Detector within a Cisco Catalyst Switch to sense and document attacks at the switch
- Cisco Router sensor: Sensor within a switch to find and report intrusions at the router
Secure Management and Policy
- Access Control Server using RADIUS and TACACS authentication: Central access management framework for user validation, permission, and accounting from a web GUI
- Cisco Security Manager: Scalable mechanism for configuration and policies for Cisco firewalls, VPNs, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
How Progent's Consultants Can Help You with Cisco Security Solutions
Progent can give you access to a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or Cisco Certified Network Professional to help you to choose, integrate, and support Cisco security technology. Progent's CISM, CISSP, and ISSAP security consultants can show you how to build security into your company's processes. Progent can assist you to create a documented security plan to establish clear policies, install scanning and auditing software, design and implement a protected network architecture that incorporates technology from diverse vendors, offer Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) 2006 Server support and
Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 configuration help, and advise you about steps to optimize the safety of your network. Progent's security expertise can help you implement a PIX or ASA firewall, set up secure remote access to messaging and business information, and implement or troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks.
To learn additional information concerning Progent's professional assistance for Cisco networking products, select a topic:
To ask Progent about consulting assistance for Cisco networking, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.