Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Clearwater
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Clearwater organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and data security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and calls for close interaction with the groups focused on file restoration and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every computer and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Clearwater
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Clearwater business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.