Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Clearwater
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Clearwater organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to block future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves determining and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other important activities such as business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the teams assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Copy forensically complete images of all suspect devices so the data restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first infected machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Clearwater
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Clearwater business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.