Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Clearwater
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Clearwater organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams assigned to file recovery and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure backups.
- Copy forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so the data restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each machine and data store on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Clearwater
To find out more about how Progent can help your Clearwater business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.