Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Consulting in Clearwater
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a mix of real-word experience, IT knowledge and business savvy. It also requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Since the number one goal of the ransomware target is fast recovery, it is vital to deploy response teams that work effectively, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the scope of technical knowledge and the depth of experts to complement your network staff and recover your network environment quickly and economically.
Services provided by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack
- making contact with the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering laws
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Acquiring, learning, and operating the threat actor's decryptor utility
- If needed, contacting the TA for technical assistance with the decryptor tool
After the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can assist you to recover machines and software services to their original condition. Progent can also help you to conduct comprehensive forensics and create a report to share with the insurance carrier. This document helps you to understand cybersecurity gaps that need to be corrected and recommends steps that should be performed to counter future ransomware attacks.
- Isolating infected endpoints and data stores to prevent further progress of the attack
- Making digital copies of each infected server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with restoration
- Installing anti-virus protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Salvaging data from air-gapped backups or uncompromised endpoints
- Building a clean environment
- Mapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting money for a decryption tool, modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim commonly try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. TAs are then able to demand an additional ransom for not divulging this information or selling it. Sadly, there is no way to guarantee that stolen data have been totally deleted by the threat actor. Actually, in numerous instances the hacker has little say over the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for getting the guidance of legal counsel, conducting an investigation into which files were taken, and carrying out the mandated alerts to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Expertise in Clearwater
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement guidance in Clearwater, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.