Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Clearwater
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complicated exercise that calls for a combination of field experience, technical skills and business acumen. It also requires working closely with the ransomware victim's IT staff and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Since the top priority of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is vital to deploy recovery teams that work effectively, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the scope of IT knowledge and the deep bench of personnel to supplement your IT staff and restore your network environment quickly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Determining the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the hacker's decryption tool
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement range with the victim and the insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA
- Verifying adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Acquiring, reviewing, and operating the threat actor's decryptor tool
- If needed, contacting the hacker for assistance with the decryptor utility
After the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can help you to restore computers and software services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also assist you to perform a complete forensics analysis and generate a report to share with the cyber insurance carrier. This report helps you to understand security vulnerabilities that need to be fixed and suggests actions that should be taken to combat future ransomware attacks.
- Isolating affected endpoints and data stores to prevent further progress of the assault
- Creating digital copies of every breached server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with restoration
- Adding A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Salvaging data from offline backups or uncompromised endpoints
- Building a clean environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to match exactly their pre-encryption condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to extorting payment for a decryption tool, modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim often attempt to exfiltrate files. TAs can then require an extra payment for not publishing this data or selling it. Unfortunately, there exists no method to be certain that stolen files have been totally deleted by the hacker. In fact, in numerous cases the hacker has little control over the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of getting the advice of privacy attorneys, performing an audit on which files were taken, and performing the required notifications to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Services in Clearwater
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation guidance in Clearwater, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.