Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Clearwater
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complicated exercise that requires a combination of field experience, IT skills and business savvy. It also requires working closely with the ransomware victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Since the number one priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is vital to establish response teams that work effectively, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent offers the scope of IT knowledge and the depth of experts to complement your IT support team and recover your network environment quickly and economically.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- making contact with the hacker persona
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Testing the threat actor's decryption tool
- Agreeing on a settlement payment with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Managing the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA
- Receiving, reviewing, and operating the threat actor's decryptor utility
- If needed, contacting the hacker for technical assistance with the decryption utility
After the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can help you to recover machines and services to their original state. Progent can also help you to perform a complete forensics analysis and generate a report to share with the insurance provider. This document helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that need to be eliminated and recommends actions that should be performed to block future ransomware assaults.
- Quarantining infected endpoints to prevent further progress of the assault
- Making digital copies of each compromised server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with restoration
- Installing A/V protection to all clean endpoints
- Restoring data from air-gapped backups or uncompromised machines
- Creating a clean recovery environment
- Remapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack state
In addition to extorting money for a decryption tool, modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often try to exfiltrate files. Hackers can then demand a separate payment for not publishing this data on the dark web. Sadly, there is no method to prove that stolen data have been completely deleted by the hacker. Actually, in many instances the threat actor has little control over where the information ends up. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of seeking the advice of privacy attorneys, performing an audit on which data were compromised, and carrying out the necessary notifications to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Expertise in Clearwater
To get in touch with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement negotiation guidance in Clearwater, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.