Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Clearwater
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complex activity that requires a combination of real-word experience, technical skills and business savvy. It also requires close co-operation with the victim's IT team and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the number one priority of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is critical to deploy response teams that operate efficiently, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent offers the breadth of technical skills and the depth of experts to supplement your network staff and restore your network environment quickly and economically.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA
- Confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and using the hacker's decryption tool
- If needed, contacting the hacker for assistance with the decryption tool
After the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can assist you to restore physical and virtual devices and software services to their original condition. Progent can also help you to conduct a full forensic review and generate a document to share with the insurance provider. This report identifies security gaps that must be eliminated and recommends steps that should be taken to block future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining infected endpoints to prevent further spread of the assault
- Making digital copies of each infected server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with recovery
- Adding anti-virus protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Restoring data from air-gapped backups or uncompromised endpoints
- Building a pristine environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state
In addition to demanding money for a decryption tool, current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor commonly try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. Hackers can then require an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Sadly, there exists no way to prove that stolen files have been totally deleted by the TA. Actually, in numerous cases the hacker has limited say about the disposition of the data. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for seeking the advice of privacy lawyers, conducting an investigation into which data were taken, and performing the necessary notifications to affected entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Expertise in Clearwater
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement negotiation services in Clearwater, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.