Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Clearwater
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an optimum settlement is a complex exercise that requires a mix of real-word experience, technical skills and business savvy. It also demands working closely with the ransomware victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Since the number one priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to establish response groups that work effectively, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the scope of IT skills and the deep bench of experts to supplement your network support team and restore your network environment rapidly and affordably.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- making contact with the hacker
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption tool
- Budgeting a settlement range with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement amount and schedule with the TA
- Verifying compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker
- Acquiring, reviewing, and operating the hacker's decryption mechanism
- If needed, contacting the hacker for technical help with the decryption utility
After the decryption tool has been mastered, Progent can help you to recover machines and software services to their original condition. Progent can also help you to conduct comprehensive forensics and generate a report to deliver to the insurance provider. This report helps you to understand security vulnerabilities that need to be eliminated and recommends actions to be taken to counter subsequent ransomware assaults.
- Isolating affected endpoints and data stores to prevent further progress of the attack
- Making digital copies of each compromised server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Adding A/V agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Salvaging files from offline backups or uncompromised machines
- Building a clean recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption state
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond demanding payment for a decryption tool, modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim commonly try to exfiltrate files. TAs can then demand a separate payment for not divulging this information on the dark web. Unfortunately, there is no method to prove that exfiltrated files have been completely erased by the hacker. Actually, in many cases the TA has limited control over who can access the stolen files. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for getting the advice of legal counsel, conducting an audit on which data were taken, and sending the mandated notifications to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Clearwater
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement guidance in Clearwater, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.