Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Cleveland organization to pick the right tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Cleveland, Ohio businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing remote work ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Cleveland, Ohio company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.