Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Cleveland company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Cleveland, Ohio companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for setting up routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business phone system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that permits at-home workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-author documents. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline access management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or revise their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your existing Call Desk team by splitting delivery of Support Desk support seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Remote workers often use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help your company to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that safeguards critical data in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by telecommuters and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, programming glitches, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from experts familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Cleveland, Ohio company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.