Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Cleveland organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Cleveland, Ohio companies to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, choosing appropriate service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company phone system to include telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist you to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that permits at-home workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, visit planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, maintain and optimize integrated network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your business to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or update their current tickets, add information, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to augment your current Call Center team by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist you to design, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that protects vital data in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Cleveland, Ohio organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.