Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Cleveland organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Cleveland, Ohio companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate PBX system to include remote users is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that allows remote workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit deployment consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, manage and repair cohesive network models that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or update their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to augment your existing Support Desk staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your business to plan, implement and administer a compliant security environment that guards vital data in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices used by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your workflows and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage problems due to equipment issues, software glitches, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to experts familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Cleveland, Ohio company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.