Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Cleveland company to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Cleveland, Ohio organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you must manage a mix of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate phone system to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that allows remote workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-author documents. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, company-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from help requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or edit the status of their active tickets, add information, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to augment your current Help Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collective support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) employees typically use their personal computers and often operate in a poorly secured physical environment. This situation increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, intensive user training, and the creation of policies built on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of cybersecurity solutions consultants can assist your business to design, implement and manage an effective cybersecurity solution that guards vital IT resources in environments that include at-home workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall configuration and support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify new attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA managed services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to protect against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables one-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. With Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured application and give your password you are asked to verify your identity on a unit that only you possess and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be used as this added form of ID validation including a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate multiple validation devices. For details about Duo identity authentication services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by network security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your procedures and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To view or download a white paper about key areas to focus on for protecting a network that incorporates work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems due to equipment issues, programming glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants familiar with a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate circumstances that call for a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Cleveland, Ohio company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.