Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Cleveland organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Cleveland, Ohio companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business processes may require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, choosing appropriate service offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company phone system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that permits remote workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable online support for helping organizations to build, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional help to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
An emergency, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and attachments. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your existing Support Desk team by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that guards vital data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Cleveland, Ohio company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.