Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Cleveland company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Cleveland, Ohio businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure connection for authorized remote employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for configuring routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications might require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate service bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the corporate phone system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that enables remote workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely through a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and optimize integrated network architectures that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A fast, company-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or update the status of their active tickets, add information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers commonly use their personal devices and usually operate in a poorly secured physical space. This situation multiplies their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious configuration of firewalls, anti-malware tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough user training, and the development of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of data security support consultants can assist you to plan, implement and maintain an effective security solution that guards vital IT resources in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by remote workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to identify new threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo authentication services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity verification with Apple iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. With Duo 2FA, when you log into a secured online account and enter your password you are requested to confirm your identity via a device that only you possess and that uses a separate network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be used as this added means of ID validation including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You may designate multiple validation devices. For details about Duo identity validation services, see Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your processes and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper describing key areas to concentrate on for protecting a network that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Cleveland, Ohio company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.