Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Cleveland organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Cleveland, Ohio companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated and current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for deploying routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital processes may demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see deployment consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from service requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or edit their active tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your current Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Support Desk support seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Teleworkers often use their personal equipment and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your company to plan, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital data in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system problems due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from consultants familiar with a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for protecting corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Cleveland, Ohio business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.