Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Cleveland company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Cleveland, Ohio businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the business phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that allows remote workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, go to deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to jointly author files. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that include physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional help to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A fast, organization-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or update the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your existing Help Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collaborative support model based on the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist you to design, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that protects sensitive information in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security attacks for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems due to hardware issues, software hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision scenarios that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune teleworker device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Cleveland, Ohio company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.