Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Colorado Springs organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Colorado Springs, Colorado companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible service offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX system to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to support these solutions and provide online deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or revise their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to expand your current Call Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers often use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to design, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that guards vital information in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your processes and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision scenarios that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for protecting corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Colorado Springs, Colorado company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.