Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Colorado Springs organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Colorado Springs, Colorado businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital processes might require backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the company phone environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that permits at-home workers to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or revise their active trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your current Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
At-home workers commonly utilize their own devices and often work in a poorly secured physical environment. This situation increases their vulnerability to malware attacks and requires judicious deployment of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, intensive user training, and the development of policies built on best practices. Progent's veteran roster of data security support consultants can assist your business to design, implement and manage an effective security solution that guards vital information assets in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to identify new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected application and give your password you are asked to confirm your identity on a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized as this second means of authentication such as an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate several verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo identity authentication services, go to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and policies and review your network architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To read or download a white paper describing key areas to focus on for securing a network that incorporates work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, visit Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Colorado Springs, Colorado company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.