Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Colorado Springs organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Colorado Springs, Colorado companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company phone environment to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that permits at-home workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them securely via a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to build, maintain and optimize cohesive network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional help to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's support services for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which could be the result of a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or edit their current tickets, add details, and append screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your existing Call Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home (WFH) staff members typically use their own computers and often work in a poorly secured physical area. This situation multiplies their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of corporate firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough end-user training, and the creation of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of data security solutions experts can assist your business to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects critical IT resources in environments that include telecommuters.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support services.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology from SentinelOne to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even if they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo MFA managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and enter your password you are asked to verify your identity via a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different network channel. A broad range of devices can be used as this added form of authentication including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate several verification devices. For details about Duo identity authentication services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your procedures and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Network
To read or download a white paper about critical things to concentrate on for protecting a network that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Colorado Springs, Colorado organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.