Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Colorado Springs company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Colorado Springs, Colorado organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-edit files. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online support for helping businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A fast, organization-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or update their current trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to supplement your existing Help Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Desk support seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class technical support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home staff members typically use their own devices and usually operate in a poorly secured physical space. This situation increases their vulnerability to malware threats and requires careful configuration of firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, intensive end-user training, and the creation of security policies built on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of IT security support consultants can assist you to design, configure and maintain an effective security solution that protects critical information assets in environments that incorporate telecommuters.
Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to detect new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. With Duo 2FA, when you log into a secured application and give your password you are requested to verify who you are via a unit that only you possess and that uses a different network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be used for this second means of ID validation including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You may designate several validation devices. To find out more about Duo identity authentication services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your procedures and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Network
To view or download a white paper about key things to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, see Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Colorado Springs, Colorado company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.