Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Colorado Springs organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Colorado Springs, Colorado companies to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital applications might require backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying ISPs, choosing appropriate service packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that allows remote workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see integration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to create, maintain and repair integrated network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or edit their current tickets, add information, and append screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows you to expand your current Help Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Desk services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading PSA tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist you to design, implement and administer a modern security environment that guards sensitive data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your procedures and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems due to equipment issues, software glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for protecting corporate data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Colorado Springs, Colorado organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.