Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Colorado Springs organization to select the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Colorado Springs, Colorado organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for configuring routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications might demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the business phone system to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and repair integrated network models that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, organization-wide transition to a from-home business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or revise their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Call Desk support seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your business to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that guards critical information in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect new threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by data security experts with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically envision scenarios that call for a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Colorado Springs, Colorado business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.