Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Columbus organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Columbus, Ohio organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting service providers, picking appropriate service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Columbus, Ohio organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.