Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Columbus company to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Columbus, Ohio companies to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for setting up home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Columbus, Ohio company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.