Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Columbus company to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Columbus, Ohio companies to with any facet of building a high-performing remote work environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Columbus, Ohio business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.