Onsite Service Available in Oakland, Alameda, Berkeley, Emeryville, Richmond, El Cerrito, Piedmont, Albany, San Pablo, Pinole, Crocket, Hercules, Rodeo
Progent's experts knows how to deliver a broad selection of consulting and support help for IT environments based on any mix of Windows, Cisco, Apple, and Linux technologies. Support services available to small organizations in the Berkeley area by Progent's team of Microsoft and Cisco certified technical experts include:
- VMware's NSX network virtualization platform allows you to build entire networks in software. NSX allows virtual networks to be provisioned instantly and managed with a high level of automation regardless of the hardware making up the basic IP network. VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) allows programmatic recovery, application mobility, plus non-disruptive site relocation, failback and re-protect. SRM also enables non-intrusive testing for disaster recovery, upgrades and fixes and can generate audit reports to confirm complete service restoration, validate SLAs and demonstrate disaster recovery compliance. When used with VMware's NSX network virtualization platform, VMware Site Recovery Manager can rapidly recover the entire logical network topology at the recovery datacenter. Progent can provide the skills of a VCDX certified VMware NSX consulting expert and VMware Site Recovery Manager integration specialist to assist your organization to design, configure, test and maintain a disaster recovery solution powered by VMware Site Recovery Manager and VMware NSX.
- Progent's affordable extended hours online technical support program offers companies round-the-clock availability of online support from Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC). Services offered beyond standard business hours include fixing issues with Windows servers, Windows desktop support, help with MS Office applications, network and system backup and restore, and basic routing and switching support for Cisco technology.
- Progent provides complete and detailed reports of all service activity to make sure customers donít ever feel like a hostage to their IT service company. Progent sends email documentation of services shortly after finishing each support interaction, and also sends a printed copy along with monthly billings. Comprehensive network support reporting makes it easier for customers to move to a different support provider or take on more service responsibilities in house. Complete service documentation also give IT managers the visibility needed to determine the value of maintenance services and produce more realistic network expense projections.
- Progent's Citrix desktop virtualization consultants can help you to plan, install, manage, and support a virtualized Windows application delivery and management system by providing XenDesktop consulting and XenApp support services. Progent's Cisco CCIE network consultants can help you enhance your network for distributing server-side and client-side applications, and Progent's datacenter management and support experts can help you to administer and maintain a remote datacenter that features high uptime, advanced security, and rapid disaster recovery. Progent can also help you with additional virtualization solutions from Citrix by providing XenServer consulting services and Citrix Essentials for Hyper-V integration.
- Progent can assist small and mid-size companies to design, install, validate and manage data protection systems to support work-from-home employees. For information about Progent's backup consulting services for teleworkers, refer to data protection expertise for a remote workforce.
- Progent can assist small and mid-size organizations to deploy collaboration platforms like SharePoint and Teams to make it easy for their at-home workers to engage in productive teamwork with colleagues and other stakeholders. For information about how Progent's consultants can assist businesses to install and manage collaboration platforms for remote workers, see collaborative applications consulting services for a remote workforce.
- Some of the typical online Cisco router support services offered by Progent's certified Cisco experts include configuring domain name, DHCP, routing maps, T1, and user accounts; configuring HSRP, aggregation, BGP to EIGRP redistribution, and ECN gateways; fixing BGP peering arrangements, routing tables, and BGP peering arrangements; installing current IOS image; configuring and testing router failover; fixing VPN issues; creating a network diagram and documenting router setup; plus security and disaster recovery planning.
- Progent can deliver a wide array of cost-effective consulting and support services to assist you company to deploy, configure, troubleshoot, and manage workstations and laptops based on Windows, macOS and OS X, or various versions of Linux. Progent's desktop PC support services include Windows 10 planning and migration support, Windows 8.1 consulting expertise, Microsoft Windows 7 technical support, MS Office and Office 365 integration and training, and 64-bit processing expertise.
- Progent's Cisco CCIE-certified network consultants offer world-class online and on-premises consulting for Cisco's Catalyst, Nexus and Meraki series of fixed and modular switches for environments that range from small or midsize companies and campus networks to enterprise data centers and ISPs. Progent can help you to implement Cisco's quickly improving switch solutions to realize the performance, scale, resilience, virtualization support, security and ease of management required for your organization. For information about Progent's consulting and support services for Cisco's market-leading family of Catalyst switches, refer to Cisco Catalyst switch consulting services. For information about Progent's consulting and troubleshooting services for Cisco's Nexus Series of data center switches, refer to Cisco Nexus switch consulting and support. For details about Progent's support for Cisco Meraki switches, visit Cisco Meraki switches integration.
- Progent's SQL Server developers can help your organization to build and maintain database applications that utilize the SQL Server database platform. Progent follows leading lifecycle management practices to build scalable, manageable SQL Server database applications and is able to work with a client's IT staff to complete projects in a timely and affordable way. Progent for can help you to build SQL Server solutions by offering a broad array of consulting support services including functional specs, database modeling, ETL development, T-SQL coding, software configuration, storage management, performance tuning, backup/recovery, clustering and virtualization, consolidation of stored procedures, replication solutions, security, and disaster recovery/business continuity planning.
- Progent's founder and senior technology officer, Les Kent, was the architect for a Windows network application that earned Microsoft's ďBest Application of the Year Award.Ē Mr. Kent is a 35-year network support veteran and has managed the creation and implementation of hundreds of innovative information technology solutions based on Microsoft and Cisco technologies. Mr. Kent started Progent in order to meet the needs of small organizations who can't justify the burden of maintaining a large IT group but who still require information systems with enterprise-class dependability, protection, and responsiveness.
If your small business is in the Oakland/Berkeley area
and you are looking for computer help, information technology outsourcing, or advanced expertise from a certified Progent professional,
call 510-899-7400 or visit Contact Progent.