Onsite Service Available in Oakland, Alameda, Berkeley, Emeryville, Richmond, El Cerrito, Piedmont, Albany, San Pablo, Pinole, Crocket, Hercules, Rodeo
Progent's certified professionals knows how to provide a wide array of engineering and technical support help for computer environments based on any mix of Windows, Cisco, Apple macOS and OS X, or Linux technologies. Support services offered to small organizations in the Berkeley neighborhood by Progent's staff of seasoned technical experts include:
- Progent offers online access to an Oracle consultant for Oracle DBA services or an Oracle software developer. Progent can assist your business to create effective solutions for key Oracle database administration activities including performance tuning, backup and restore strategies, and database security, or mentor your in-house staff to follow industry best practices for streamlining major administration tasks. Progent can in addition offer the support of a PL/SQL developer to assist your company to build, test, enhance, or migrate Oracle-based programs that can range from forms to data-driven web sites. Progent offers experience using SQL Developer, SQL *Plus, and JDeveloper tools and can help you to optimize current SQL code using Oracle's SQL Tuning Advisor.
- Altaro VM Backup offers small and mid-size businesses a dependable and affordable solution for backing up and recovering Hyper-V and VMware-powered VMs. Altaro VM Backup can be deployed in on-premises, offsite, multi-site, and cloud environments and also supports low-cost cloud backup to Microsoft Azure storage. Progent is an Altaro partner and offers a broad array of online or onsite consulting services to assist you to plan, deploy, manage and troubleshoot a comprehensive backup/restore solution based on Altaro VM Backup. With ProSight DPS Altaro VM Backup, Progent delivers a managed backup/recovery service based on Altaro VM Backup software. To learn more, see Altaro VM Backup consulting services.
- Progent's support services for network support firms allows you to take advantage of Progent's consulting experts while retaining your own service brand as a transparent arm of your network services organization. To find out about Progent's support services for network support businesses, refer to Progent's consulting services for IT service businesses.
- Barracuda Backup is a low-cost, subscription backup and disaster recovery platform for small and mid-size organizations. A Barracuda Backup deployment can incorporate a purpose-built physical appliance built by Barracuda or a virtual appliance with comparable functionality but which utilizes your existing storage infrastructure. Barracuda Backup safeguards critical company data generated locally, at one or multiple remote sites, or in the cloud. For disaster protection, you can replicate data to the Barracuda Cloud, to Amazon AWS, or to any location with a Barracuda appliance. Progent is a certified Barracuda partner and Progent's Barracuda Backup consultants can provide a broad range of consulting support services to assist your business to design, configure, operate and repair a backup and disaster recovery system built on Barracuda technology. For details, see Barracuda Backup and disaster recovery consulting and management.
- Among the common remote Cisco router consulting services offered by Progent's certified Cisco experts include configuring domain name, DHCP, routing maps, clock, security logon banner and user accounts; setting up iBGP, aggregate routing, static to EIGRP redistribution, and static route injection into OSPF; reviewing NAT configurations, routing tables, and BGP peering arrangements; installing current IOS image; configuring and testing failover; resolving VPN tunnel problems; making a network diagram and documenting configuration; plus security and business recovery planning.
- Progent's Android phone integration expertise have years of experience delivering remote and onsite support for businesses of all sizes who need to incorporate Android phones into their IT networks so that users can communicate and collaborate from virtually anywhere. Progent has the range of know-how to resolve network issues that involve multiple vendors and that represent a combination of older and current information technology. Progent provides affordable remote expertise to assist you with any facet of planning, implementing, managing and maintaining your BYOD environment. Progent can deliver occasional support to help you to resolve especially challenging technical issues, or Progent can provide comprehensive project management support to help you finish strategic network projects on schedule and on budget. Progent can help with local, cloud-centric, or hybrid network environments and can provide support for operating systems, apps, management tools and hardware infrastructure. Progent also can provide customized group or individual training to help you manage and use Android phones to maximize their business value.
- Progent produces complete and meaningful documentation of all support activity to make sure customers do not feel ďcaptiveĒ to their support provider. Progent sends email documentation of support activity immediately after completion of each service interaction, and also encloses a printed copy along with monthly billings. Complete IT service documentation makes it less disruptive for customers to transfer to a different support provider or assume more service duties in house. Good support reporting also provides management the visibility needed to evaluate maintenance services and produce better informed IT budgets.
- ProSight LAN Watch is Progentís server and desktop remote monitoring managed service that incorporates advanced remote monitoring and management techniques to keep your IT system operating at peak levels by tracking the health of critical computers that drive your business network. When ProSight LAN Watch detects a problem, an alert is transmitted immediately to your designated IT management staff and your Progent engineering consultant so all looming problems can be resolved before they can impact your network. Read about Progent's entire ProSight line of affordable outsourced network management services for small businesses.
- Progent's Cisco Jabber consultants offer online or onsite support to assist businesses of any size to design, implement, maintain, upgrade or troubleshoot Cisco Jabber environments and Cisco Unified CM infrastructure. Progent offers advanced expertise for all the products, technologies and services that make up creating a cohesive Jabber solution including Cisco network appliancesand management tools, Microsoft Office 365 applications, Windows and Mac computers, iOS and Android smartphones, SIP interfaces, Wi-Fi networks, security and compliance, cloud integration, immersive telepresence systems, PBX systems, business continuity, and other components of a cohesive collaboration solution.
- Dynamics 365 Business Central, formerly named Dynamics NAV and Navision, is an ERP solution designed for Azure cloud, on-premises, or hybrid environments. Progent's Office 365 consultants, Excel specialists, Teams integrators, and Microsoft Azure experts can help you to combine Dynamics 365 Business Central with familiar Microsoft products. Progent's database experts can provide SQL Server support and Power BI reporting expertise to help your organization to utilize Dynamics Business Central to produce applications and reports that help you to improve business decisions. Progent's Dynamics 365 Business Central experts can help your business to maintain outdated releases of Dynamic NAV/Navision or plan and implement up-to-date Business Central deployments.
- VMware's NSX network virtualization platform enables you to build complete logical networks in software. NSX allows virtual networks to be provisioned instantly and administered with a high level of automation independent of the physical components used by the basic IP network. VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) allows automated disaster recovery, application mobility, and non-intrusive site relocation, failback and re-protect. SRM also enables non-intrusive testing for site recovery, upgrades and patches and can generate reports to confirm complete service restoration, validate Service Level Agreements and prove disaster recovery compliance. When used with VMware's NSX virtual network platform, VMware Site Recovery Manager can rapidly recover the complete logical network topology at the recovery datacenter. Progent offers the skills of a VCDX certified VMware NSX consulting expert and VMware SRM system architect to assist you to design, configure, test and manage a disaster recovery solution powered by VMware SRM and VMware NSX.
If your small business is in the Oakland/Berkeley area
and you need technical assistance, IT outsourcing, or high-level expertise from a certified Progent engineer,
call 510-899-7400 or visit Contact Progent.