Onsite Service Available in Oakland, Alameda, Berkeley, Emeryville, Richmond, El Cerrito, Piedmont, Albany, San Pablo, Pinole, Crocket, Hercules, Rodeo
Progent's information technology consulting for small companies in the city of Berkeley are concentrated on customers who need fast and affordable help for system reliability, security, productivity, administration, or recovery. This short list of Progent's engineering support services and practice areas should give you a sense of how Progent can help you to enhance the business value of your computer system.
If your small business is in the Oakland/Berkeley area
and you are looking for technical help, information technology outsourcing, or top-level expertise from a certified Progent consultant,
call 510-899-7400 or visit Contact Progent.
- Even though the Small Business Server (SBS) product line has been terminated, this software bundle is still popular. Progent provides a range of Microsoft Small Business Server support services for all releases of the platform. Also, Progent's Windows Server Essentials consultants can assist your business to evaluate the potential benefits of transitioning from a locally hosted environment based on Small Business Server version 2011 or earlier to a hybrid onsite/cloud network by implementing an upgrade to Windows Server Essentials and to Microsoft's cloud-based application suite. Regardless whether your resources are hosted on a local datacenter, in the cloud, or across a hybrid mix of environments, Progent offers comprehensive consulting, troubleshooting, and application development services for Microsoft's core business products including Windows Server, Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service provides complete hosting of a small company's servers in an environment that gives the maximum level of availability and scalability and is also easy to transfer to any data center. Progent's Private Cloud hosting services are based upon mature virtualization technologies that enable small and midsize companies with multi- platform environments to save dramatically on the costs of capital investments, system support, and IT administration while benefiting from world-class reliability and an unprecedented level of vendor flexibility. Learn more about Progent's ProSight family of managed services for small businesses.
- Progent offers remote or onsite help from a certified CCIE consultant to help your business to design, install, manage and troubleshoot converged communications networks supported by Cisco Unified Communication products in a local, distributed, or hybrid cloud deployment. Progent's Cisco-certified Unified Communications consultants have in-depth experience helping organizations of all sizes to create collaboration solutions by delivering services such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) and CallManager planning and deployment, IP voice and video phones setup, and wireless IP phone solutions. Progent's consultants can assist you with Cisco's extensive library of UC applications such as Jabber, WebEx Meeting Center, Unity Connection, Unified Contact Center Express (CCX), and Unified Attendant Console.
- Microsoft allows you to create transparent hybrid ecosystems that combine Office 365 and local Exchange deployments. This allows you to have certain Exchange mailboxes located on your physical datacenter or private cloud and other mailboxes hosted by Office 365. Progent's Microsoft-certified Exchange consultants can assist you with any facet of designing, implementing and debugging your hybrid Exchange network. Progent's Exchange specialists can provide as-needed support to help you through stubborn technical bottlenecks and also can provide comprehensive project management outsourcing or co-sourcing to ensure your hybrid Office 365/Exchange initiative is successfully completed on time and on budget. For details about Progent's consulting services for integrating Office 365 and on-premises Exchange systems, go to Office 365 integration solutions with on-premises Exchange.
- Progent offers a wide range of affordable services to assist you business to install, configure, troubleshoot, and administer workstations and notebooks based on Microsoft Windows, macOS and OS X, or popular versions of Linux. Progent's desktop PC consulting services include Windows 10 planning consulting, Microsoft Windows 8.1 technical support, Windows 7 support, MS Office and Office 365 integration, and 64-bit computing expertise.
- Cisco Unity Connection, a seamless extension of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), is a converged voicemail solution that accelerates collaboration by offering flexible set of alternatives for accessing voice messages within a framework that is easy to deploy and maintain. Cisco Unity Connection allows you to read and manage voicemail messages from your Exchange inbox, browser, Jabber, a Cisco Unified VoIP Phone, a smartphone, or an iPad or tablet. Cisco Unity Express (CUE), offered in select Cisco ISR routers, provides cost-effective voicemail, integrated messaging, interactive voice response (IVR), and greeting services for small to mid-size businesses and enterprise satellite locations with up to 500 workers. Progent's Cisco-premier CCIE consulting experts can provide Unity Connection and Unity Express (CUE) integration and troubleshooting support to ensure that your CUE deployment delivers the highest possible business advantage.
- The CISA accreditation is a globally recognized achievement that represents expertise in IS security auditing. Accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the CISA credential has candidates undergo an extensive test given by the ISACA international professional group. Progent offers the expertise of a CISA-Certified network security audit professional trained to help companies in the areas of information systems audit process, information technology enforcement, network assets and architecture ROI, IT support, protection of information assets, and business continuity planning.
- Progent can help small and mid-size companies to design, configure and troubleshoot the infrastructure for a remote workforce. Aspects of network infrastructure where Progent's experts offer guidance include secure and efficient VPN connections, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure software, router setup, wireless network planning and deployment, and robust Internet connectivity. For information about Progent's network infrastructure expertise for teleworkers, go to network infrastructure consulting services for an at-home workforce.
- Progent can help you utilize Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX or Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (SUA) to achieve co-existence between Windows and UNIX/Linux networks. SFU offers interoperability between Windows Server and various versions of Linux/UNIX including Solaris 8 and 10, HP-UX 11i, AIX 5L 5.2, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. SFU allows you to share Windows server folders via NFS and improved authentication in native Windows Server AD environments. SFU's Interix subsystem includes a large set of UNIX/Linux utilities and shells, support for a single rooted file system, and a software development package for porting applications.
- The ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report is a low-cost service built around a brief discussion with a Progent backup/recovery expert. The interview is intended to help evaluate your company's preparedness to block or recover rapidly from a ransomware incident. Progent will consult with you personally to collect information about your current security profile and backup/recovery platform, and Progent will then produce a written Basic Security and Best Practices Report describing how you can follow best practices to build a cost-effective AV and backup/recovery environment that aligns with your company's requirements. For more information, visit Progent's ProSight Ransomware Preparedness Report Service.