Onsite Service Available in Oakland, Alameda, Berkeley, Emeryville, Richmond, El Cerrito, Piedmont, Albany, San Pablo, Pinole, Crocket, Hercules, Rodeo
Progent's certified professionals can provide a wide assortment of engineering and support assistance for information networks powered by any mix of Windows, Cisco, Apple, and Linux/UNIX technologies. Network support services offered to small and mid-size organizations in Berkeley by Progent's team of seasoned technical professionals include:
If your small business is in the Oakland/Berkeley area
and you need computer help, information technology outsourcing, or advanced services from a Progent consultant,
call 510-899-7400 or visit Contact Progent.
- In addition to supporting a diverse range of security solutions from Microsoft and Cisco, Progent offers enterprises expert consulting for products from other major Firewall and VPN suppliers including Checkpoint Software, WatchGuard, Juniper Networks, Palo Alto Networks, and Fortinet. Progent can show you how to create a detailed security strategy and choose appropriate products from a variety of suppliers to support your security objectives while sticking within your spending limits.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials is a value-priced, versatile platform that allows small organizations to transition from the older physical on-premises datacenter to the modern hybrid computing paradigm that combines both local and virtualized cloud-based resources. Progent's Microsoft-certified Windows Server Essentials consulting experts offer budget-friendly remote consulting and troubleshooting for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials. Progent can help you to evaluate the possible productivity and cost advantages of moving to Windows Server Essentials and adopting a hybrid on-premises/cloud model for your computing ecosystem. Progent can provide comprehensive project management to help you design and execute an efficient migration to Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, Office 365, and other Microsoft Cloud platforms and services. Progent can also provide ongoing consulting help, technical support, and customized training. (Learn about Progent's Office 365 integration solutions with on-premises Exchange deployments and Microsoft Azure integration support.)
- Progent's eCommerce application software experts can assist you to set up an e-commerce environment that is secure, dependable, and responsive. Progent can also help you to architect a web site that is integrated with your marketing and supply chain systems to reduce the cost and increase the reliability of web-based B2B, business-to-consumer, or buy-side to sell-side commerce. Progent can help you architect custom web applications using standard programming utilities or customize off-the-shelf programs so that they accommodate your special business requirements. For database-intensive applications, Progent can provide the expertise of SQL Server developers, Oracle programmers and database administrators, MySQL consultants, and Microsoft Access software developers.
- Progent's Experts Team provides guidance in Microsoft accounting and ERP/MRP platforms, allowing you to customize cost effective and comprehensive network solutions that address the individual requirements of your business. Progent's application developers offer a variety of services such as
Dynamics 365 Finance (formerly Dynamics AX) ERP consulting services,
Microsoft Dynamics GP/Great Plains Business Accounting Software education and programming,
MS Dynamics 365 Business Central business management software integration,
Microsoft Dynamics SL business accounting software migration and support,
and MS Commerce deployment.
- Progent's short-term staff augmentation services allow businesses to meet the need for network professionals without incurring the costs and hassle associated with vetting and recruiting experienced technical workers and without increasing your permanent head count. For details about Progent's temporary IT staffing services, refer to Progent's temporary staff augmentation services.
- VMware's NSX virtual network platform enables you to build complete logical networks in software. NSX allows virtual networks to be deployed in minutes and administered with a high level of automation regardless of the hardware used by the underlying IP network. VMware Site Recovery Manager supports automated recovery, application mobility, plus non-intrusive site migration, failback and site re-protect. Site Recovery Manager also enables non-intrusive testing for disaster recovery, upgrades and patches and can generate reports to confirm complete service recovery, validate SLAs and prove compliance. When used with VMware's NSX virtual network platform, VMware SRM can rapidly restore the complete logical network topology at the secondary datacenter. Progent can provide the skills of a VCDX certified VMware NSX consulting expert and VMware SRM integration specialist to assist your organization to design, deploy, test and maintain a disaster recovery solution based on VMware Site Recovery Manager and VMware NSX.
- Progent's certified Microsoft Project Server and Project Online consultants can provide advanced support in implementing and using all versions of Microsoft Office Project and can provide a wide range of cost-effective remote support services based on industry best practices to assist organizations of all sizes to receive all the benefits of this powerful project management solution. Services offered by Progent include system planning, software configuration and migration, strategies for safe file and status sharing among onsite and offsite users, network infrastructure optimization, and customized webinar training.
- The failover server cluster technology built into the most recent versions of MS Windows Server is dramatically re-engineered to simplify the deployment, configuration, and maintenance of server clusters and to offer improved levels of network availability, protection, efficiency, and flexibility. New or improved features include automated cluster verification, revamped configuration and installation, unified cluster management, new cluster architecture for increased availability, hardened protection and quorum structure, minimization of failure points, greater storage and RAM capacity, improvements for multi-site clusters, and live migration capability for Windows Hyper-V virtual machines. Progent's certified cluster technology experts can help you assess the business benefits of failover clusters, plan and execute a deployment, educate your IT personnel to administer your cluster environment, provide continuing consulting and technical help services, and produce and validate a business continuity procedure. Progent's Windows Server 2019 high availability (HA) cluster consultants and Windows Server 2016 disaster recovery consultants can assist you you to plan and deploy a cost-effective disaster recovery solution for multi-site or hybrid cloud environments using failover cluster technology field-tested in Microsoft's massive Azure cloud.
- Progent can provide advanced remote consulting for business continuity planning, validation, and training to assist your company to respond to possible catastrophes, minimize service disruption for your most critical network operations, avoid data loss, and comply with regulatory mandates and business obligations. Progent's business continuity consultants can work closely with your management and IT support group to provide business impact analysis, define interdependencies, identify human and physical resources needed to operate your organization, prioritize business-critical network services and define allowable recovery times, select hot backup sites, configure secure remote access capability for key workers, implement notification mechanisms and define responsibilities for staff, write a complete recovery plan, and train key people to carry the business continuity plan. Progent's Windows Server 2019 high availability (HA) cluster experts and Windows Server 2016 disaster recovery consultants can help you to plan and deploy a cost-effective disaster recovery solution for hybrid cloud deployments using failover cluster technology field-tested in Microsoft's Azure cloud.
- The Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) accreditation is a prestigious qualification that signifies mastery in network security audit and control. Certified by ANSI, the CISA credential has candidates undergo a comprehensive test administered by the ISACA international professional association. Progent can provide the services of a CISA-Certified Cybersecurity audit consultant able to help companies in the areas of information systems audit process, IT governance, network assets and architecture lifecycle, information technology support, safeguarding of data assets, and business continuity preparedness.
- Altaro VM Backup software offers small organizations a reliable and budget-friendly platform for backing up and recovering Hyper-V and VMware-powered virtual machines. Altaro VM Backup can be used for local, remote, multi-site, and cloud-hosted environments and also supports low-cost cloud backup to Microsoft Azure Block Blob storage. Progent is a certified Altaro partner and offers a wide range of online or onsite consulting services to assist you to design, install, manage and troubleshoot a modern backup/restore solution based on Altaro VM Backup software. With ProSight DPS Altaro VM Backup, Progent delivers a managed backup/recovery service based on Altaro VM Backup software. To learn more, visit Altaro VM Backup certified consultants.
- Progentís Help Desk sharing services make it possible for your IT organization to share responsibilities for Help Desk support seamlessly between your in-house IT team and Progent's nationwide pool of veteran desktop support engineers and subject matter experts (SMEs). Progentís shared Help Desk service is a collaborative service desk solution based on the leading PSA tool for managing service requests, ticket lifecycle, responsibility, status tracking, and reporting. To learn more, see Progentís Help Desk sharing services.