Onsite Service Available in Monterey, Pacific Grove, Seaside, Carmel
Progent's experts can deliver a broad range of consulting and technical support assistance for computer networks powered by any mix of Windows, Cisco, Apple macOS and OS X, and Linux/UNIX platforms. Services available to small businesses in the Monterey neighborhood by Progent's staff of Microsoft and Cisco certified engineering experts include:
- Internet Information Services, Which is included with Windows Server and Windows desktop, is a powerful server role for web site hosting and application development. The new releases provide improved security, reliability, expandability, and debugging while delivering major improvements in automated and remote administration. Many popular extensions to IIS have been integrated into newer releases such as the Request Filter Module (previously called URL Scan), which can block potentially harmful HTTP requests from being executed by web software. Progent's Internet Information Services consultants can assist you to configure IIS as well as the latest extensions to IIS Manager like the GUI interface for controlling ASP.NET applications.
- Progent's Cisco CCIE-certified network technology engineers offer expert remote and on-premises consulting for Cisco's Catalyst, Nexus and Meraki series of managed switches for environments that run the gamut from small companies and campus networks to giant data centers and public clouds. Progent can show you how to deploy Cisco's quickly improving switching solutions to realize the throughput, scale, uptime, virtualization, data protection and ease of management needed by your organization. To learn about Progent's support for Cisco's extensive portfolio of Catalyst switches, see Cisco Catalyst switch consulting and troubleshooting services. For information about Progent's consulting and support for Cisco's Nexus family of switches, see Nexus switch consulting and support. To find out about Progent's support for Cisco Meraki switches, see Cisco Meraki switches configuration and management.
- Progent can help you deploy Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX (SFU) or Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications to achieve coexistence between Windows and Linux networks. SFU achieves interoperability between Microsoft Windows Server and various versions of Linux/UNIX including Solaris 7, HP-UX 11i, AIX 5L 5.2, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. SFU allows you to share Windows folders over NFS and improved authentication in native Windows Server Active Directory environments. SFU's Interix subsystem includes a large set of UNIX/Linux tools and shells, support for a single rooted file system, and an application development kit for porting software.
- Progent's certified MS Exchange 2016 Server experts can help your business in any and all phases of your upgrade to Exchange 2016 such as designing high availability (HA) system topology for a local, cloud-based or hybrid deployment; CAL licensing compliance for Exchange 2016 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 or later; migrating mailboxes; Hyper-V virtualization strategy; determining storage requirements for your VMs, mailbox databases and logs; setting up hardware load balancing (HLB) for fault-tolerant CAS services; planning, building and validating Exchange and Windows Servers and Database Availability Groups (DAGs); integration with SharePoint; updating your firewall; resolving SSL issues; performing client integration with Office desktop or Microsoft Office 365; and configuring Outlook on the web (formerly Outlook Web App).
- The failover cluster feature set built into the latest versions of Windows Server has been radically redesigned to simplify the deployment, setup, and administration of server clusters and to offer greater levels of system dependability, protection, efficiency, and versatility. New or enhanced capabilities include cluster verification, revamped setup and deployment, unified cluster management, redesigned cluster infrastructure for maximum availability, hardened security and quorum structure, fewer failure points, greater disk and RAM capacity, improvements for geographically dispersed clusters, and live migration support for Hyper-V virtual machines. Progent's certified failover cluster experts can assist your company evaluate the business benefits of Windows clustering, design and execute a deployment, train your IT staff to manage your failover clusters, provide ongoing consulting and support services, and create and test a disaster recovery procedure. Progent's Windows Server 2016 disaster recovery/business continuity experts can show you how you to design and build a cost-effective disaster recovery solution for multi-site or hybrid cloud deployments using failover cluster tools proven in Microsoft's Azure cloud.
- Progent employs a collaborative approach to problem escalation, making it possible to fix even the most challenging network problems that can crop up from time to time. By taking advantage of 100s of consulting-years of experience from Progent's Microsoft and Cisco-premier consultants, Progent can quickly and affordably resolve networking problems that would stymie ordinary IT service organizations. Working with thousands of customers on installation and troubleshooting jobs every year provides Progent a unique understanding on what techniques work and which ones do not in solving IT issues.
- Cisco's Small Business 100, 300 and 500 series of APs are Linux-powered devices intended as value-priced wireless APs for small offices. Progent's Cisco CCIE Wi-Fi network infrastructure consultants offer remote or on-premises integration and debugging support to help your organization to plan, configure, update, tune, administer and troubleshoot Cisco Small Business wireless AP deployments of any scale or architecture. To find out more about Progent's consulting services for both current and older Cisco Small Business series of wireless access points, refer to Cisco Small Business WiFi APs configuration and troubleshooting.
- Progent can provide the affordable support of online Internet connectivity consultants to assist your company to assess or update your ISP services so your Internet connectivity solution aligns with your business requirements. Support services available from Progent's engineers include assessment of your current bandwidth utilization, carrier and plan analysis and selection, network provisioning, and managing a smooth move to a new ISP and/or service plan. Provisioning can include optimizing current routers and switches and deploying new ones, setting up firewalls, and upgrading dependable Border Gateway Protocol architectures.
- Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting service offers comprehensive hosting of a small or mid-size company's servers in a solution that delivers the maximum degree of availability and expandability and is also easy to migrate to another host. Progent's Private Cloud hosting services are based on proven virtualization architectures that enable small businesses with multi- platform environments to save significantly on the costs of capital investments, system maintenance, and IT administration while benefiting from enterprise-class reliability and an unmatched degree of vendor flexibility. Find out more about Progent's ProSight portfolio of managed IT services for small and mid-size organizations.
- Progent has been providing SharePoint support since the initial product was published over a a dozen years, and Progent has the breadth and depth of technical knowledge to assist businesses of any size to design and implement a SharePoint Server 2013 deployment and develop SharePoint 2013 apps that bring significant business benefit to your IT investment. Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants can assist your company to evaluate the business advantages of migrating to SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online from legacy versions of SharePoint or from another collaboration environment; determine if an in-house, Cloud-based or hybrid deployment is most sensible for your busi9ness; and select the most appropriate edition of SharePoint 2013 for your purposes. Progent offers full project management outsourcing or can help in specific tasks associated with your SharePoint 2013 migration.
- Progent offers a broad range of cost-effective support services to help your business to install, configure, repair, and manage workstations and laptops powered by Windows, macOS and OS X, or popular versions of Linux. Progent's desktop PC consulting services include Windows 10 migration consulting, Microsoft Windows 8.1 expertise, Windows 7 technical support, Microsoft Office and Office 365 integration, and 64-bit operating system expertise.
If your small business is in Monterey, Pacific Grove, Seaside, Carmel or anywhere in the Monterey Peninsula
and you are looking for technical support, information technology outsourcing, or top-level services from a certified Progent engineer,
call 831-600-4300 or visit Contact Progent.