Onsite Service Available in Petaluma, Sonoma
North SF Bay Area Contact Information:
Progent offers consulting services and onsite technical support throughout the North Bay areas of Marin, Sonoma and Napa Counties.
Progent locations in North SF Bay Area
Progent's computer support services for small and mid-size companies in Petaluma are focused on clients who need quick and affordable help for network reliability, protection, efficiency, manageability, or recovery. This short selection of Progent's consulting services and practice areas should provide an idea of how Progent can assist your company to increase the competitive value of your information system.
- Microsoft System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM 2016) is a component of Microsoft's System Center 2016 suite of IT infrastructure monitoring and management products and is designed to provide a unified mechanism for deploying and administering virtualized datacenters across hybrid environments that can include private clouds and Azure publics cloud resources. Progent's Virtual Machine Manager 2016 consulting experts can assist businesses of any size with all facets of building, deploying, and maintaining a SCVMM 2016 solution. Progent can review your virtualization architecture, help you migrate smoothly from older releases of VMM, design processes for building and deploying virtual machines and hosts, implement high-availability scale-out clusters, connect your datacenter infrastructure with public clouds, configure virtual switches and load balancers, develop and debug PowerShell scripts, and assist you to assess the strategic advantages of the latest technologies such as Storage Replica and Shielded VMs. Progent's hypervisor professionals offer advanced Windows Hyper-V consulting and VMware vSphere support.
- Progent's Microsoft-certified SQL Server 2017 experts can help your business to evaluate the business benefits of migrating to SQL Server 2017 and can assist your organization to plan and carry out a smooth migration of your databases and applications to any network model including local, cloud-hosted, or hybrid. Progent's SQL Server experts offer remote or on-premises support services ranging from on-demand architecture review or troubleshooting to comprehensive project management to make sure your SQL Server 2017 project is successfully completed on schedule and within budget. For more information, refer to SQL Server 2017 integration expertise.
- Progent's founder and head of engineering, Les Kent, was the architect for a Windows network application that won Microsoft's ďBest Application of the Year Award.Ē Mr. Kent is a 35-year network support veteran and has been responsible for the design and implementation of hundreds of innovative information technology solutions based on Microsoft and Cisco technologies. Mr. Kent started Progent in order to address the needs of small organizations who can't justify the cost of maintaining a large IT staff but who still require information networks with enterprise-class reliability, security, and performance.
- The updated release of MS Dynamics NAV includes several innovations including Personalized Role Centers, improved management information and reporting capabilities, and advanced workflow management. Progent's Microsoft Dynamics NAV software consultants can provide software development, integration and debugging services to help you to take advantage of MS Dynamics NAV. Progentís engineers can assist you to connect Microsoft Dynamics NAV to additional services and applications. Also, Progent can assist you to design and utilize data warehouses so you can enhance your knowledge of your business, attract more customers, expand your sales strategies, and build successful partnerships.
- Microsoft's desktop virtualization technologies lower the work needed for IT managers to deploy software programs so that they are standardized across an entire user base, provide the power to control access to critical data, and allow quick installation of new or updated workstations. With Windows Server 2016, the Terminal Services tool has been revamped and named Remote Desktop Services (RDS). Microsoft's innovative VDI infrastructure behind RDS simplifies desktop access, enhances responsiveness, tightens security, centralizes management, and offers a nearly seamless client experience. Progent's desktop virtualization engineers can assist your company to assess the business advantages of Microsoft's desktop virtualization technologies, configure test and production deployments, optimize your network architecture to support virtualized desktops efficiently, evaluate and resolve security problems, and train your network administrators to follow best practices to achieve maximum payback from desktop virtualization.
- The open design of Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains) makes it easier to create custom Dynamics GP/Great Plains applications that provide all of the core elements of proven Microsoft Dynamics GP components but also address the specialized needs of your organization. With access to the Modifier with Microsoft VBasic for Applications, applications developers can work with the most widely used customization environment in the software industry to tailor Dynamics GP information views, create business logic, and personalize forms and reports. Progent's Office 365 consultants can show you how to benefit from Dynamics GP's connectivity with Microsoft Office and Office 365 applications. Progent's experience with Microsoft .NET technology, Microsoft SQL Server 2016 integration and Microsoft SQL Server 2014 application development, and development experience with Visual Basic, Visual Studio, XML and other developer tools make it possible to design custom mission-critical applications and web commerce solutions that integrate tightly with Great Plains.
- Internet Information Services (IIS), provided with Windows Server and Windows desktop, is a powerful server role for web hosting and application programming. The latest versions offer improved protection, dependability, expandability, and debugging while also delivering significant improvements in automated and remote management. A variety of popular extensions to Internet Information Services have been built into newer releases including the rules-based Request Filter Module (formerly called URL Scan), which is able to prevent potentially harmful HTTP requests from being run by hosted web applications. Progent's IIS experts can help you to configure IIS and the latest extensions to IIS Manager such as the GUI interface for managing FastCGI applications.
- Progent's Microsoft-certified staff and experts in Virtual PC for Mac technology can assist your company to integrate your Apple macOS and OS X workstations and laptops with your Microsoft Exchange server through comprehensive Office 365 Outlook for Mac consulting services. Progent will ensure that your Exchange Server is optimally configured and that WebDAV, LDAP and Outlook Web App are correctly enabled and tested. Progent can also provide a broad range of Exchange consulting services such as integration, troubleshooting, security, mobile support, performance tuning, plus spam filtering and email encryption. Progent also can provide customized in person or remote macOS webinars.
- Progent can help you in any phase of your upgrade to Exchange 2019 including deploying Windows Server 2019 Core as a host for Exchange; designing HA system topology for a local, Microsoft cloud connected or hybrid deployment; moving mailboxes; planning and configuring Windows Hyper-V; configuring HLB; configuring DAG groups with MCDB solid-state caching; setting up Skype for Business 2019 for cloud voicemail; integration with SharePoint; preparing firewalls; integration with Microsoft Office 365; and setting up Outlook. To learn more, visit Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2019 integration services.
- GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) was founded in 1999 to certify the skill of computer security experts. GIAC certifications are recognized by companies and government organizations around the world including and the U.S. NSA. Progent's GIAC-certified information assurance consultants offer expertise with all of the network security services covered within the GIAC accreditation such as evaluating network security mechanisms, incident handling, intrusion detection, web-based application security and security information and event management (SIEM) solutions for compliance with regulatory mandates for promptly reporting events.
- Progent's ProSight Network Audits offer a fast and low-cost alternative for small and mid-size businesses to get an unbiased evaluation of the health of their information system. Powered by a selection of the top remote monitoring and management (RMM) platforms in the industry, and supervised by Progent's certified group of IT professionals, ProSight Network Audits show you how well the deployment of your core network assets adhere to leading practices. Both the Basic and Advanced versions of ProSight Network Audit services are available at a low, one-time cost and deliver immediate ROI like a more manageable and safer Active Directory implementation. Both options also provide the long-term advantages of advanced remote network monitoring and management (RMM) technology. These benefits can include simpler management, better compliance with government and industry security standards, higher utilization of network assets, faster problem resolution, more reliable backup and restore, and higher availability. To find out more about ProSight Network Health Checks and to view sample reports, visit ProSight Network Audits.
- ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam filtering and email encryption service that incorporates the infrastructure of leading data security vendors to provide web-based management and comprehensive security for all your inbound and outbound email. The powerful architecture of Progent's Email Guard managed service integrates a Cloud Protection Layer with an on-premises security gateway device to provide complete protection against spam, viruses, Dos Attacks, Directory Harvest Attacks, and other email-based malware. The Cloud Protection Layer acts as a preliminary barricade and keeps most unwanted email from reaching your network firewall. This reduces your exposure to inbound threats and saves system bandwidth and storage space. ProSight Email Guard's onsite security gateway device adds a deeper level of inspection for incoming email. For outbound email, the local gateway provides anti-virus and anti-spam filtering, protection against data leaks, and email encryption. The on-premises security gateway can also assist Microsoft Exchange Server to monitor and safeguard internal email that originates and ends inside your corporate firewall. Learn about Progent's complete ProSight family of low-cost network management outsourcing services for small and medium-size businesses
If your small business is in the Petaluma or Sonoma area
and you are looking for technical help, information technology outsourcing, or high-level services from a certified Progent consultant,
call 707-559-7400 or visit Contact Progent.