Onsite Service Available in Salinas, Marina, Castroville
Santa Cruz-Monterey Bay Area Contact Information:
Progent offers consulting services and onsite technical support throughout the Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties.
Progent locations in Santa Cruz-Monterey Bay Area
Progent's IT support services for small and mid-size companies in the Salinas neighborhood are concentrated on customers who need quick and economical help for network reliability, protection, efficiency, administration, or recovery. The following brief selection of Progent's engineering support services and practice areas will provide an idea of how Progent's team can help you to increase the business value of your information network.
- Global Information Assurance Certification was established in 1999 to validate the skill of IT security professionals. GIAC accreditations are recognized by companies and institutions all over the world including and the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA). Progent's GIAC-certified information assurance specialists offer help with any of the security services addressed under GIAC accreditation such as evaluating infrastructure security mechanisms, event handling, traffic analysis, web application security and SIEM solutions for compliance with government requirements for reporting events.
- Progent's design services for high availability networks provide Microsoft and Cisco-certified consulting professionals who can show you how to implement a fault-tolerant computing environment that includes key technologies and processes for line-of-business applications. Progentís consulting experts can assist you to implement a system architecture with features such as fault tolerant Internet connections, system load balancing, zero-downtime data centers, multi-site backup, high-availability interoffice connectivity, and high-reliability multi-site networks. Progent can also provide business continuity preparedness consultants to help you plan, validate, and document a disaster recovery process founded on best practices.
- Progent can help you install Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX (SFU) or SUA to achieve co-existence between Windows and Linux/UNIX networks. SFU offers interoperability between Microsoft Windows Server and various versions of UNIX based operating systems including Solaris 7, HP-UX 11i, AIX 5L 5.2, and Red Hat Linux 8.0. SFU allows you to share Windows folders via NFS and improved authentication in Windows Server AD environments. SFU's Interix subsystem includes a large set of UNIX/Linux tools and shells, support for a single rooted file system, and an application development toolkit for porting applications.
- Windows Server Essentials is an affordable, versatile OS that enables small businesses to transition from the older physical in-house datacenter to the contemporary hybrid networking paradigm that includes both local and virtualized cloud-hosted resources. Progent's Microsoft-certified Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials consultants can provide cost-effective online consulting and troubleshooting for Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials. Progent can assist you to evaluate the potential business advantages of moving to Windows Server Essentials and adopting a hybrid local/cloud-based model for your network ecosystem. Progent offers comprehensive project management support so you can design and execute a smooth migration to Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, Microsoft 365, and other Microsoft Online platforms and services. Progent also offers ongoing consulting help, technical support, and customized training. (Learn about Progent's Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration with on-premises installations of Exchange and Azure planning and integration consulting.)
- Microsoft ISA Server 2006 and the newer Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway are discontinued software platforms that contain an application-layer firewall able to guard systems from external and inside attacks. Both products perform in-depth inspection of Internet protocols to uncover threats that routinely eluded legacy firewalls. Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server was superseded by Microsoft Forefront TMG, which was based on ISA Server's architecture while providing a number of enhanced features. Forefront TMG has subsequently been retired by Microsoft, and the gateway security functions offered by the platform are now typically handled by purpose-built physical devices from companies such as Cisco, Check Point, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper, and WatchGuard. (See Cisco ASA Firewall with Firepower Services integration and support.) Progent provides advanced Forefront Threat Management Gateway maintenance and Microsoft ISA Server consulting services to help you manage and debug your legacy firewall environment, and Progent can help you to upgrade smoothly to a modern firewall solution by providing system design, integration, optimization, IT staff training and troubleshooting.
- Progent's Technical Response Center is committed to providing the best quality of remote network support available for both emergency and non-critical problems. For urgent problems that affect multiple workers, key people, or a line-of-business program, the Technical Response Center can engage within an hour. For standard problems, the TRC will address your issue in less than two hours. In all cases, your ticket will be generated quickly and accurately, you will receive a confirmation from the ticketing system, and the TRC will check with you regarding every corrected issue to verify you are satisfied with the resolution and ready to close the trouble ticket. Learn more details concerning Progent's TRC Customer Commitment.
- Features of Progent's Information Technology support packages include network evaluation to make sure that your environment complies with established standards of security and online connectivity, 24 x 7 network monitoring using Microsoft Operations Manager to identify issues before they disrupt your business, optional Call Center support services from Progent's technical experts, security audit to help protect your network from malicious attack, addition of Service Packs and security updates for servers and software, discounts on Progentís remote troubleshooting services, and access to Progentís group of Microsoft and Cisco-certified network engineers and technicians.
- Progent can assist small and medium-size companies to provide their at-home workforce with safe and efficient access to public cloud services. To learn about ways Progent can assist companies to set up robust Cloud connnections for their at-home workers, refer to cloud integration support services for remote workers.
- Among the typical online Cisco router consulting services offered by Progent's certified Cisco experts include setting up domain name, DHCP, routing maps, T1, and user accounts; configuring HSRP, aggregate routing, static to EIGRP redistribution, and ECN gateways; troubleshooting NAT configurations, routing configuration, line settings and BGP peering arrangements; updating router's IOS image; validating failover; resolving VPN tunnel and routing issues; making a network diagram and documenting router setup; plus policy and business recovery planning.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 includes major enhancements to the capabilities of Microsoft Exchange 2010 and delivers powerful innovations as well as a redesigned structure. These enhancements affect vital IT areas such as manageability, high availability (HA), security and compliance, operational costs, teamwork, scalability, throughput, compatibility, and the user experience. Progent's certified Exchange Server 2013 consulting professionals can provide remote or onsite expertise to assist your organization to administer, tune and debug your Exchange 2013 deployment. Progent can also provide Exchange 2016 migration expertise and Office 365 Exchange Online consulting to help you move to a more up to date release of Exchange Server in an on-premises, cloud-hosted, or hybrid deployment model.
- Progent's simple per-minute billing model has no complex contracts, retainers or hidden fees. Many other companies have minimum billable time or other extra fees that increase support costs. For remote support during regular business hours, you only pay for the actual time spent working on your issue. If it only takes ten minutes to solve your problem, then you only pay for ten minutes. For regularly scheduled on-site service work booked more than twenty-four hours in advance, you pay exclusively for the time when Progent's team member is actually on-site working on your issues. Just Progent's value priced per-minute rate. For emergency same-day on-site service calls, you might have to pay for our consultant's travel time, but never an increased emergency rate. Because Progent maintains a large pool of engineers located throughout the entire service territory, an available consultant is typically near to assist. Progent can in addition dispatch on-premises service to the majority of zip codes in the United States within one business day of receiving a service request. Progent's remote technical support group has delivered assistance to small businesses in every state in the U.S (See Progent's customer testimonials.)
- Progent's wireless technology consultants have broad backgrounds in the implementation and support of wireless information technology and can assist you to design, configure, administer and repair wireless solutions that are compliant, resilient, expandable, easy to manage and operate, able to support your vital applications, and seamlessly incorporated into hybrid cloud environments. Online and onsite Consulting services available from Progent span a selection of wireless solutions and include smartphone integration and management, Wi-Fi infrastructure design and installation, wireless site surveys, wireless IP phone configuration and troubleshooting, and building-to-building wireless connections.
If your small business is in Salinas, Marina, Castroville or anywhere in the Monterey
and you are looking for computer support, IT outsourcing, or high-level expertise from a Microsoft or Cisco certified consultant,
call 831-600-4300 or visit Contact Progent.