Onsite Service Available in Salinas, Marina, Castroville
Santa Cruz-Monterey Bay Area Contact Information:
Progent offers consulting services and onsite technical support throughout the Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties.
Progent locations in Santa Cruz-Monterey Bay Area
Progent's computer support for small organizations in the Salinas neighborhood are concentrated on clients who need immediate and economical assistance for network stability, protection, efficiency, administration, or repair. This short selection of Progent's consulting services and technical experience will provide a sense of the ways Progent can help your company to increase the business value of your computer network.
- Progent's founder and chief technologist, Les Kent, was the architect for a Windows network application that won Microsoft's ďBest Application of the Year Award.Ē Mr. Kent is a 35-year computer industry veteran and has managed the creation and implementation of hundreds of innovative business solutions based on Microsoft and Cisco technologies. Mr. Kent established Progent in order to meet the needs of small companies who can't justify the expense of supporting a large IT team but who still require information networks with enterprise-class reliability, protection, and responsiveness.
- Some of the typical online Cisco router consulting services available from Progent are setting up hostname, DHCP, routing tables, logging, and user accounts; configuring HSRP, aggregate routing, static to EIGRP redistribution, and ECN gateways; reviewing policy based routing to MPLS, routing configuration, and line settings; updating router's IOS image; validating failover; fixing VPN issues; producing a network diagram and documenting router setup; plus security and availability planning.
- Progent can help your organization in any phase of your migration to Exchange Server 2019 including deploying Windows Server 2019 for hosting Exchange; planning HA architecture for a local, Microsoft cloud connected or hybrid environment; moving mailboxes; designing and implementing Hyper-V; configuring HLB; configuring DAG groups with MCDB solid-state caching; setting up Skype for Business 2019 for voicemail services; setting up collaboration with SharePoint; preparing firewalls; integration with Microsoft Office 365; and configuring Outlook. For details, see Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 integration services.
- Microsoft ISA Server and the newer Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway are discontinued software platforms that contain an application-layer firewall that can protect networks from external and internal attacks. The two platforms perform in-depth examination of Internet protocols to detect threats that routinely eluded legacy firewalls. Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server was superseded by Forefront TMG 2010, which was based on ISA Server's technology while delivering a number of improved capabilities. Forefront TMG 2010 has subsequently been discontinued by Microsoft, and the security functions provided by the product are now typically handled by purpose-built hardware devices from companies that include Cisco, Check Point, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper, and WatchGuard. (See Cisco ASA Firewall with Firepower Services integration and support.) Progent offers online Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 support services and Microsoft ISA Server 2006 expertise to help you maintain and debug your older firewalls, and Progent can help you to migrate smoothly to a more current firewall platform by providing planning, integration, tuning, training and troubleshooting.
- NetApp MetroCluster is a high-availability and disaster recovery platform that combines array-based storage clustering along with continual replication to deliver rapid, zero data loss disaster recovery between datacenters located as far as 185 miles (300km) apart from each other. Progent can provide the skills of a NetApp MetroCluster consultant who can assist your business to plan, configure, manage, upgrade, test and troubleshoot a disaster recovery system built around NetApp MetroCluster. Progent can help you to choose an architecture for your MetroCluster environment that meets your functional requirements and IT budget. Progent can ensure you follow leading practices for installing your MetroCluster solution by providing help with procedures like assigning disk pools and shelf IDs, arranging aggregate layout, setting up NetApp FlexVol volumes, setting up Data ONTAP configuration replication service, provisioning switches, implementing a tiebreaker mechanism, designing a configuration replication network, and verifying your disaster recovery system to verify adherence with industry standards and government mandates.
- Load balancing your servers enhances performance and provides redundancy by working around failed servers in a load-balanced farm. Progent's load balancing services cover a wide assortment of high-availability load balancing technologies such as network load balancing, load balanced application software, LAN/WAN infrastructure routing, and content dispatching technology such as Cisco Content Engine. Non-stop load balancing providers for which Progent can provide consulting services include Windows Server 2008 R2 Network Load Balancing Manager, the NLB mechanism of Windows Server 2012, VM Load Balancing in Windows Server 2016, Citrix Metaframe and Presentation Server, Cisco Content Services Switch, Cisco Content Engine and LocalDirector 400 series, and F5 Networks BIG-IP.
- Progent's CISSP-certified cybersecurity experts can assist businesses of any size with any aspect of information system security. Progent can implement cost-effective security systems that guard a small office against advanced malware attacks or Progent can design, deploy, and manage an end-to-end security environment for hybrid networks that support onsite, remote, and mobile clients sharing IT resources spread over a mix of physical datacenters and public and private clouds.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote desktop technical support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, assigning responsibility, screen sharing, status tracking, problem resolution, and and metrics. Designed for smaller businesses with few in-house service personnel for end users, Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide remote support at a substantial savings from Progent's regular Level 1 desktop support rates. Progent also offers rapid on-demand escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 consultants to handle complex issues. For details, visit Progentís online Call Center services for small businesses.
- Configuration Manager 2016 automates software deployment and updating, centralizes security and compliance settings control, inventories network resources, protects against company data leakage, performs network health reporting, allows safe end-user self service, and offers a common control mechanism for managing multi-operating system networks based on on-prem, cloud-centric, or hybrid deployment topologies. Progent's Microsoft-certified SCCM 2016 consulting team and Microsoft Azure cloud experts can help businesses of any size with any aspect of planning, installing, using and troubleshooting a System Center 2016 Configuration Manager solution for on-premises, cloud-based, or hybrid networks.
If your small business is in Salinas, Marina, Castroville or anywhere in the Monterey
and you are looking for computer assistance, information technology outsourcing, or advanced services from a Progent professional,
call 831-600-4300 or visit Contact Progent.