Onsite Service Available in Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Aptos, Watsonville, Capitola
Santa Cruz-Monterey Bay Area Contact Information:
Progent offers consulting services and onsite technical support throughout the Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties.
Progent locations in Santa Cruz-Monterey Bay Area
Progent's certified professionals can provide a wide selection of consulting and technical support help for information systems based on any mix of Microsoft, Cisco, Apple, or Linux/UNIX platforms. Network services available to small companies in the Santa Cruz neighborhood by Progent's staff of Microsoft and Cisco certified consulting experts include:
- Progent's backup and restore experts offer support for a broad range of products and technologies that provide solutions for backing up Windows, Mac, and Linux servers and workstations as well as laptops and handhelds. Progent supports all major data protection platforms by delivering services such as Altaro VM Backup consulting, Barracuda Backup and disaster recovery preparedness expertise, and DoubleTake/Carbonite integration. Progent can also provide help with Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, Retrospect, Apple Time Machine, Symantec Backup Exec, BackupAssist, CrashPlan PRO, and FLARs. For large organizations, Progent can provide VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) expertise. In addition, Progent's ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS) are offered to small and medium-sized organizations as an affordable end-to-end service for reliable backup and disaster recovery.
- ProSight IT Asset Management service is a cloud-based IT documentation management service that allows you to capture, maintain, retrieve and safeguard information about your IT infrastructure, procedures, business apps, and services. You can instantly locate passwords or IP addresses and be alerted automatically about impending expirations of SSL certificates or domains. By cleaning up and organizing your IT documentation, you can save as much as half of time thrown away trying to find critical information about your network. ProSight IT Asset Management features a centralized repository for holding and collaborating on all documents required for managing your business network such as standard operating procedures (SOPs) and self-service instructions. ProSight IT Asset Management also supports advanced automation for gathering and associating IT data. Whether youíre planning improvements, doing maintenance, or reacting to an emergency, ProSight IT Asset Management delivers the knowledge you require the instant you need it. Find out more about Progent's ProSight family of managed services for small businesses.
- Cisco's Firepower Next Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) deliver a significant performance improvement compared to Cisco's previous-generation ASA 5500-X firewalls and offer centralized control of advanced cybersecurity features such as application visibility, next-generation intrusion protection with risk prioritization, advanced malware protection, URL filtering, and sandboxing. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE-certified firewall experts can help you to plan and carry out a smooth migration to Cisco Firepower firewalls from legacy ASA 5500-X, ASA 5500, or PIX appliances and show you how to integrate Firepower firewalls with Cisco's cloud-based services to build and centrally control IT environments that span branch offices, data centers, private clouds and public clouds. For details about Cisco's Firepower family of Next Generation Firewalls (NGFWs), see Firepower firewalls integration expertise.
- Cisco Unity Connection, an integrated expansion of Unified Communications Manager, is a converged voice messaging solution that accelerates collaboration by providing a variety of options for retrieving voice messages within an environment that is easy to deploy and administer. Unity Connection lets you read and manage your voicemail from your Exchange inbox, web browser, Cisco Jabber messaging integration platform, a Cisco Unified IP Phone, an iPhone or other smartphone, or a tablet. Cisco Unity Express (CUE), offered in select Cisco ISR routers, provides cost-effective voicemail, unified messaging, interactive voice response, and automated-attendant functions for small to mid-size businesses (SMBs) and enterprise branch locations with as many as 500 workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE consultants offer Cisco Unity Connection and Unity Express (CUE) integration and troubleshooting services to make sure your voice messaging solution gives you maximum business value.
- Virtualization technologies enable businesses to maximize resource utilization, streamline network administration, and enhance workload uptime and security. run multiple virtual machines on one physical computer. Common usage scenarios for virtual servers are hardware consolidation, inexpensive hosts for applications that only run on outdated OS software, and affordable quarantining of application programming or pilot environments from on-line ones. Progent's virtualization technology engineers offer Microsoft Windows 2016 Hyper-V hybrid cloud solutions, Windows Server 2012 R2 virtual networking consulting, Windows Hyper-V Virtual Server help, VMware vSphere planning and deployment, VMware NSX network virtualization architecture and integration, and Citrix XenServer support. Progent can deploy virtual machines to maximize performance, dependability and manageability while at the same time lowering costs; propose and test business recovery plans that reduce downtown in case of a catastrophic failure; and deliver ongoing support, repair, and consulting assistance as computer technology advances.
- In addition to supporting a wide range of security solutions from Microsoft and Cisco, Progent offers small businesses expert consulting for solutions from other major Firewall and VPN vendors including Checkpoint Software, WatchGuard, Juniper/Netscreen, Palo Alto Networks, and Fortinet. Progent can show you how to design a detailed security plan and select the right products from a variety of suppliers to support your security goals while staying within your spending restraints.
- Progent's Microsoft certified Windows 7 upgrade engineers can help you to manage and maintain Windows 7 PCs. Progent's consultants can also help you to assess the potential strategic advantages of moving to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. If you decide that it makes sense for your business strategy to upgrade, Progent's Windows 8 upgrade consultants and Windows 10 integration consultants can assist your IT organization to plan and execute a non-disruptive deployment of a current version of Windows.
- Microsoft System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager (SCDPM 2016) offers small to medium-size businesses automatic backup and easy recovery functions for Microsoft-based networks. Data Protection Manager 2016 delivers application-sensitive protection for critical workloads such as SQL Server, Exchange and SharePoint Server, backs up Windows and Linux VMs, works with virtual machines hosted by Hyper-V as well as VMware, and can use Azure for easy-to-manage cloud-based backup and recovery. Progent's Microsoft-certified System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager consultants can assist you to design, deploy, administer, and repair an enterprise-wide backup/recovery system powered by Data Protection Manager 2016. Progent can assist you to migrate from a previous version of DPM or from an outdated solution, and Progent can tune your DPM 2016 environment for on premises, hosted, cloud or hybrid deployments. Progent offers remote or onsite support and can provide occasional expertise to help you through technical bottlenecks or provide end-to-end project management support to help you complete your SCDPM 2016 initiative on schedule and within your budget.
- Progent's Cisco IP phone and video IP phone consultants can help you to configure, maintain, and debug Cisco IP phones, desktop video IP phones and wireless IP phones. Progent offers support for all models of Cisco's IP phones from legacy Voice over IP products to the latest media phones. Progent's consultants can also help you to integrate your IP phones with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, previously branded CallManager, or with Unified Communications Manager Express to create a modern IP-PBX ecosystem for unified messaging and company-wide collaboration. Progent can also help you to configure Unified CM applications such as Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence Jabber, Cisco Unity Express (CUE) for voicemail, Mobile Connect for Single Number Reach (SNR, and Unified Contact Center Enterprise (Unified CCE) for creating an advanced customer contact solution. Progent can provide expertise with all aspects of Cisco VoIP Phone integration including designing dial plans, resolving QoS, integrating SIP PSTN trunks and CUBE internetworking, installing Cisco ISR routers with CUBE internetworking support, and creating UCS server failover and Cisco Survivable Remote Site Telephony systems for high availability.
- Progent's certified MS Exchange 2016 migration consultants can help you in any and all phases of your upgrade to Exchange 2016 including designing high availability architecture for an on-premises, Microsoft cloud connected or hybrid deployment; licensing requirements for Exchange and Windows Server 2012 R2 or later; moving mailboxes; Hyper-V virtualization strategy; determining mass storage requirements for your VMs, mailbox databases and log files; configuring HLB for high-availability client access services; designing, setting up and testing Exchange and Windows Servers and DAG groups; integration with SharePoint Server or SharePoint Online; preparing your firewall; creating SSL certs; providing client remediation with Office 2010 or greater or Microsoft Office 365; and setting up Outlook on the web (formerly Outlook Web App).
- Progent uses a collaborative approach to problem escalation, making it possible to fix even the toughest network problems that can appear occasionally. By leveraging hundreds of man-years of experience from Progent's Microsoft and Cisco-premier consulting staff, Progent can rapidly and cost-effectively resolve networking problems that would stymie most IT service companies. Working with thousands of businesses on installation and integration projects annually provides Progent a unique understanding concerning what techniques succeed and which ones do not in resolving network problems.
- Progent's System Center 2012 consulting experts have more than 15 years of background integrating, supporting and troubleshooting the key components included with System Center and can help your organization to design, install, maintain, and fix your Microsoft System Center ecosystem to optimize the uptime and performance of your applications and infrastructure across a mix of Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems and on-premises and Cloud-based datacenters. Progent also can provide System Center 2016 upgrade planning and support to assist your organization to transition to the latest version of System Center from an older one or from another IT management platform to provide the benefits of enterprise-class deployment, centralized management, security and compliance, plus infrastructure and critical application performance monitoring.
- NetApp MetroCluster is a disaster recovery platform that combines array-based storage clustering with synchronous replication to deliver fast, zero RPO disaster recovery (DR) between sites located up to 185 miles (300km) away from one another. Progent offers the skills of a NetApp MetroCluster expert who can help your business to plan, configure, administer, update, test and troubleshoot a disaster recovery solution based on NetApp MetroCluster. Progent can assist you to choose a topology for your MetroCluster deployment that meets your technical needs and IT budget. Progent can ensure you follow leading practices for configuring your MetroCluster environment by providing guidance with tasks such as assigning shelf IDs, determining aggregate and plexes layout, provisioning NetApp FlexVol volumes, setting up NetApp Snapshot, provisioning switches, implementing a tiebreaker mechanism, setting up a configuration replication network, and verifying your MetroCluster DR solution to verify adherence with information assurance standards and regulatory requirements.
If your small business is in Santa Cruz or anywhere in the Monterey Peninsula
and you are looking for computer support, information technology outsourcing, or advanced services from a certified Progent consultant,
call 831-600-4300 or visit Contact Progent.