Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Addison company to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Addison, Texas organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Addison, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.